Bring the smile back.

Timing Is Key

 

Minho's POV
 
Taemin walked in and restrainedly sat next to me on the sofa. I gather up all my wits and hand him a controller. 
 
''Shall we start a new game''
 
He took the controller from me without making any physical contact. It din't take me long to understand that Tae wasn't being himself, not once did he smile at me,noteven when he got an advantage over me in the game, not once did he look at me, not once did he say anything,not once did he whine for me to get him some food and start a random conversation about something that happened at school.Why is he being like this?!.
I could not stand my cheerful,bubbly Tae being so grim especially around me. 
 
''Taemin-ah'' I paused the game and turned to him.
 
''Hey, why did you pause the game?'' was his apt response.
 
''Taemin-ah look at me''
 
''Aniyo''
 
''Tae please''
 
That didnot change his responce though.
 
''Fine don't look at me, but just listen. I don't know exactly what is upsetting you, but it would be really nice of you to tell me what it is.''
 
''Is it something that happened today morning with Nana?'' I added after a little thought when he did not reply. 
 
''No. I told her that I din't like her and she was a bit disappointed, but took it better than I had imagined'' He said without looking at me. 
 
I tried harder this time.Putting my controller aside,I took his hand in mine ever-so-lightly and attempted for the second time.''Taemin, please, just tell me whats wrong''
 
''I honestly don't know what you are talking about, nothing is wrong, why don't we just continue with the game hyung.'' He replied with a very agitated tone. This is the first time I am seeing him like this in our ten months of friendship. 
 
I really just want whatever that is bothering him to go away. I am not going to dig any deeper since clearly Taemin is not comfortable talking about it. 
''Taemin-ah, please just don't be mad, I hate seeing you like this, and if the reason you are being so down is me, then I am truly sorry.'' 
 
~*~
Tae's POV
 
I think hard about asking him who he liked,who Key hyung knew he was day-dreaming about, and telling him the reason I am so upset about is him. But to blame him for me feeling insecure would be wrong, knowing Minho hyung, he would really get upset over me thinking this way.And to add to that, he would probably think I am being really nosy and annoying,forever asking him things that he clearly likes to only tell Key and not me.
 
My attention keeps going back to my hand resting between his palms and my heart starts beating faster with every  of his thumb.
 
''Minho hyung, you do not need to say sorry, I think I have had a dull day at school and a few personal reasons adding to me behavior being like this, it's not your fault.''
 
''Are you sure Taemin, if there is anything odd that Jonghyun told you or if you had a fight with him over something then don't hesitate to rant against him,I am here to listen.''
 
This is what I hate the most about Choi Minho, his determination and inhumanly kind nature. Once he is settled on knowing what is upsetting me,he would do anything and everything to know it.
While being so inhumanly nice. Its hard not to give inn. 
 
''Yeah, it's something like that hyung, but it's best we don't talk about it right now, I don't want to play the game either,why don't you tell me how your day was at school.''
 
~*~
Minho's POV
 
I din't mind him changing the topic, as long as he was not being upset.Nothing else mattered rightnow. I make a mental note of asking Jonghyun hyung what he said to Tae. 
I tell him about the few interesting things that happened at school and he tells me from his side. We speak like that for a few minutes and before I know he is smiling like his old self and talking more and more in that cute voice of his. It's almost as if he has forgotten all those worrisome things that were holding him back earlier.
 
We spend a good hour and a half talking about anything and everything before both of us realize that it was getting pretty late.He remembered of the pending homework sitting on his study desk waiting to be completed and so he needed to get home. 
 
''I'll see you tomorrow Taemin-ah, keep smiling, let nothing upset you kay?'' I told him while hugging him. He nodded and turned around to leave after waving his hand. I watch his delicate frame walking further and further away until it completely disappears into the night.
 
I think to my self if he will ever truly know howmuch I worry about him,how much I care for him. How much I like him and wonder if he would ever concider returning those feelings for me. I sigh while walking back inside.
 
__________________________________________
 
A/N I know this is not that great of a chapter and I took a bit long to update but hey a crap update is better than no update right.
 
Also, I know there are many scilent readers out there, plese leave a comment and any ieads as to how I should continue are always welcomed.