Key is no help.

Timing Is Key

Key hyung's probably at Minho Hyung's place, it’s already 6. I approached the front door hearing a loud obnoxious laugh coming from inside and I din't have to think twice to know who it belonged to. I smiled to myself waited to be let inn after ringing the bell. 

 

Minho hyung opened the door,his face looking flushed, was he hiding a smile? 

I look at him a little longer than I should, trying to figure out why he was so amused. He must have realized this since he lightly covered his face and turned around leading me into the living room where Key hyung was sitting near the foot of the sofa facing the sleek TV, clutching the PS3 controller tightly. I could tell by the looks of it that Minho hyung and Key were laughing about something.

He continued playing intently without taking any notice of my presence. I took the seat on the sofa,Minho hyung siting next to me retrieving his own controller. 

It was hardly a second later that Key sat up on his keens, few more swiftly pressed buttons here and there and he was jumping up and down, doing his own little happy dance because he won the game.

He turned to Minho giving him a I-won-again-because-im-the-best look. 

''Yahh Choi, Maybe if you weren’t day-dreaming about someone earlier you might have had a chance'' and with that key hyung was on the verge of breaking into a laughter again. 

Minho hyung instantly flared up at that comment, who was he day-dreaming about?! Minho hyung liked someone and he didn’t even tell me.. 

I could sense his eyes on me from the side but I did not dare look at him. I was mad. Key hyung passed me an extra controller and both of us started playing the game. I tried hard to just concentrate on the task at hand and not look at hyung.

It's only that I did. 

I looked straight at him, musing up a stern expression. I could feel my heart beat just a tad bit faster and the loud noises around me slowly fading. Trying hard to keep that annoyed look on my face constant and looking him in the eye was harder than I had initially thought. It was ridiculous how desperately I wanted to look away from him, how badly I wanted to breakaway from this. Why won’t he look away first!!

I could very well feel the heat on my face and god forbid there is colour showing on my cheeks. I was completely lost in his eyes, all the million thoughts about me being mad, how I had turned Nana unnie down, her grim face, key hyung's laugh, everything that was muddling up, instantly got replaced by anything and everything Choi Minho.  

''Yahh, Minho if your just going to ignore me like this when I come over then I won’t. If you wanted to spend time with your Taemin then why did you call me!?'' 

Thankgod for key. 

Minho instantly turned to him and started listing out how he wasn't not paying attention to him and he is the most fun when it comes to play game so he shouldn't leave and something about me catching his attention that I didn’t quiet get because of his mumbling. 

I excused myself to go to the washroom since another minute around Minho and no doubt a little irritated Key would only mean increased trouble for me. 

I looked at myself in the sink mirror a little relieved that there isn’t a prominent blush. I splash some water on my face as an attempt to cool the heat and try hard to remove that image of Minho hyung looking at me from my mind.

I have always noticed Key hyung and Minho hyung talking about things I would never get. Even if I tried to ask Minho hyung about it later, he would just deviate the conversation by bringing up something else. 

It annoyed me limitless to think that Key hyung was a lot more closer to Minho hyung than I was even if he spent more time with me. I wanted the kind of relation he has with Key to be between me and him, there is nothing I say that can make him react so animatedly. 

I sigh while wiping my face. 

Why won't Minho hyung tell ME if he liked someone, it's not like i'm going to go tell her or anything. Does he not consider us that close to share such things. I did.

I take a small step out and I can hear the two of them conversing. 

''You arn't going are you, stay for a bit longer key, I need you here''

and my heart sank at that.

~*~

Minho's POV 

I watch him walk away in the direction of the powder toilet and turn all my attention to Key. 

'Yahhh KEY!! What in the world were you thinking making a comment like that about me day-dreaming. It’s annoying enough when you tease me, but don't say such things around him!! Who the hell knows what he would be thinking.''

'Yeah yeah, I’m sorry, it slipped accidently. It’s all your fault, you keep talking about him all the time we are together, and blabbering about how you want to be with him and then I caught you two staring at each other and zoning out on what I was saying..so..'

I don't accept Key's answer but decide not to discuss it further as Tae might be coming out any minute. I see key saving his game and returning the controller to me. 

''You aren’t going are you, stay for a bit longer key, I need you here''

I did, only if Key stayed will I act a tad bit normal around Tae. Once the two of us are alone, all my sanity seems to fly out of the window. The desperate need to confess and the heart-breaking fear of his rejection confuses me beyond imagination. Key has time and again saved my face in situations like this. Only he knows so only he can. 

''Sorry Minho, I still have to finish my science assignments and help mom with dinner. Oh look Taemin's back, you two have fun. Bye' He did a waving gesture at Tae before walking out.