Casual meets.

Timing Is Key

 

Minho's POV

I see him waiting by the notice board, black leather bag casually slung over his shoulder; he's changed out of his school uniform into a nice vermilion green tee with his favorite dark washed skinnis. I see him see me as he starts walking towards me with one hand in his pocket and the other clutching the strap of his bag. He looks hot. 

I look down at  my own haphazard appearance, school shirt almost tucked out, top 2 buttons  undone, pretty sure my hair is a mess, great. 

'Hey! Let's go' He greets as he comes up to me. 

'H-hey, yeah, let's go' I manage a little shakily as I make a fail attempt to fix my hair. We start walking out together. I give another look-over and like always he's even more stunning up close.

'Tae, umm, how come you changed out of your uniform today?' I ask him as we are finally outdoors, almost nearing my car.

He just gives me a shy smile and shrugs his shoulders. That’s new, but cute, I don't ask him further because it's not like I mind him in what he's wearing, in fact just the opposite.

'Why, do you not like what I am wearing?',  just why would he ever think that? I notice his tone when he asks it, very uncertain and even a bit scared. Oh gosh, I hope I didn’t make himself conscious.

'Are you crazy? You look stunning, like, amm ya, I like what you are wearing.' I start off a bit too hyper, wanting to tell him straight out that he looks perfect, but then I realize I am sounding a little too excited and hold back my string of complements. 

'Oh um, thankyou.'He says quickly, hiding his face because he sits in the car and I walk over to take the driver’s seat. I might have just created a very awkward atmosphere for the two of us and curse myself under my breath for it. Why can't I just take things easy with him, oh yeah, because its HIM!!

'Is anything wrong hyung?' Only with Taemin. He can ALWAYS sense the smallest, slightest agitations in my tone, in my body language, and as much as I love that fact, it has worked against me in more than one situations, like right now. 

'Well, you’re all smartly dressed and look at me, I'm a mess, I'll probably embarrass you. Can we make a quick stop by my house so I can change?' I suggest, I honestly cannot go out with him like this, more that what everyone else in the mall will think, I am worried about what he'd be thinking. I should have brought a change. 

He looks at me, takes in what I'm wearing, and looks back at my face. I raise my eyebrow asking him for an answer.

'You look fine hyung, it does not really matter if you’re wearing your uniform'

'Taemin please, I don't want to go like this.'

'Aniyo!! We will have less time together hyung, you look great, drive us to the mall now' did he just say what I think he did?! He wants to spend time..more time with me..time together...me looking great..my mind is getting a little fogged up. 

'Hyung!!! fine fine, if you want to go QUICKLY change then fine. As long as you stop with that that startled face. 

'I'll be in and out, one minute, promise, thank you!' I don't give anything another thought, I'm suddenly in too much of a hurry, wanting to change, look decent to be out with Tae, go to the mall and spend as much time as he wants together! I smile to myself as I drive away, I know that Taemin is looking at me and wondering why I am smiling, he might just think it's because he agreed to let me go change. 

''I'll be back in a minute'' I tell him and dash out of the car leaving the engine running. 

~~

Taemin's POV

I wait for him while looking out of my window. I should have told him that I was bringing a change of clothes and that he should too. I know I get my uniform pretty dirty throughout the day and then I wanted to look good for hyung so I decided what I was going to wear yesterday before going to sleep. Hyung on the other hand has no need to change. He looks totally fine, he looks good in anything he wears, be it his soccer uniform or a casual outfit, formals or his uniform. No matter what he wears, it becomes his style, his 'look' for the day, he carries it off with swag, I have no idea what is the need for him to go and change, make such a big deal of ME being embarrassed by what he's wearing. I would be more than happy to be at the arms of such a handsome boy.

The driver's door opens reveling Choi Minho in all his charismatic glory, no doubt he looks fresher after changing. He seems to have washed his face leaving it shiny and clean. He’s wearing blue jeans with a grey graphic tee. His hair seemed combed and his cologne way too inviting. 

'Sorry I took a little more than a minute' He says with a small laugh but starts backing the car out of the driveway. 

'No it's alright.' I start fidgeting with the A/C and running my hand over the panel above the dashboard just to distract myself from looking at him or doing anything more than that. 

'You look really nice.' 

I do that though. Just say anything that's on my mind, and then realize what a big mistake it is. I bit my lip expecting a weird reaction for my uncalled for, stupid sounding complement. nice, NICE, GOD!!

He halts at the red light and looks at me with a warm, genuine smile.

'Thanks.' Not such a weird reaction after all. 

I see him smiling even after that said while he looks ahead and starts driving.

I try not to be obvious as I continue looking at his face. His side profile, his long neck, his Adam's apple, long thin nose. A subtle look with a mix of a little concentration taking over his face. This is the first time I notice how clear his skin is, I really want to lean ahead and touch his cheeks. Obviously I don't but I really really want to. I sigh in dismay and take my eyes off him. I have fallen pretty hard for him haven't I. Another sigh escapes my lips as I carefully calculate the chances of us actually being together and the answer always coming to a zero.