Try 1.

Timing Is Key

 

I sat there in my usual spot thinking of how dull my life initially was. How ridiculously boring I was, always in the same cafe, reading one of my many books or doing school work.

The bitter taste of coffee intoxicated my senses, reminding me of how long it had actually been since I had his drink. It's been long since all of this in fact, it’s almost as if I have been transformed into a new person altogether, coffee changing to a cool fruit smoothie or sometimes even banana milk. 

 

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I almost didn't notice him take the seat opposite me.

 

'Hyunngg, I thought you said you started to prefer the other drinks here over your 'americano' , what happened?' he spoke in that cute voice of his.

 

We were close enough to pass up the usual greetings, texting or being together almost every hour of the day made him starting a conversation like this not unusual. He looked at me with big expectant eyes, I was going to change the topic completely but I couldn't, not again at least.

 

"Tae, I amm.. This might sound weird, but ..I aa"

 

I was not sure how to explain to him the fact that the only reason I enjoyed anything sweet, anything that tasted like summer and flowers was because he was around, I like it because he made it sweet, I liked how he cringed his eyes while sipping his drink and relishing its flavor, I liked when he would force me into trying everything he got, and trust me, Taemin was one to get the most exotic sounding drink on the menu. I for one didn't have a problem with trying it, but it was a lot more enjoyable to have him use his aegyo to get me to have it, wait impatiently for my reaction and be overjoyed as I approve of 'his amazing taste'. He was always so animated, so charming, he induced his cheerful atmosphere wherever he went, and he most definitely is the reason why I was totally unlike myself; in a good way though, obviously.

 

''Hyung, you don't have to think that hard, it was a pretty simple question, can you please stop being so weird and spaced out''. He paused for a moment before continuning, ''you've actually been doing a lot of that today, is everything ok? just say what you have to hyung", he said with a slight agitation in his tone, bringing me back to Earth. He's right though, I have been so caught up in my thoughts recently it's ridiculous, and it's only because well... I had finally made up my mind that he needs to be told, he needs to be told about how amazing he is, about how beautiful he is, and I'm going to do it now. It’s finally time, no matter how stupid he might think I'm being or how hard this confession is going to be. I have to get it off my chest.

 

That was until he spoke again.

 

"Anyway so amm, can whatever you have to say can wait a little Hyung" he looked down, pushing away his finished smoothie glass and fidgeting with his fingers, a slight tinge of colour crept up his cheeks. What is going on?

 

"sure, go on Tae" I mean, my little confession can wait a more after all. He has something to say, he almost never cuts me off like that to discuss any of his issues so my thing can most definitely wait.

 

"Hyung,I need to tell you something important but promise me you won't tease me about it" he looked up, taking a deep breath as if to gather up some courage to help him continue whatever he was about to tell me. I don't know why but my heart was starting to beat just a little faster.

 

"I promise Taeminne, what's going on" He glanced up at that and continued , "I met up with Nana earlier today, she amm.."

 ok this was odd, I know that Nana and Tae have many common classes but she is never one to start up conversations, with anyone, she is probably the prettiest girl on campus, someone who would hang out with people like Yunho Hyung or Donghae Hyung, why did she want to speak with Tae!?

 

"she asked me out, like ... amm for me to be her boyfriend" he added with a small sigh of relief.