ME - Chapter 2

Marriage Effects [Hiatus]

Chapter 2

Samona lets out a nervous sigh as she paces around the living room. “Would you calm down?” Henry says as he walks out of the kitchen. He then sits down on the couch. “Leeteuk called and said that they’ll be on their way in like a hour.” he says. He watches as Samona continues to pace in front of him. “How can you not be nervous?” she asks as she stops pacing and turns to him. “It’s a wedding… OUR wedding.” she says before pacing again.

 

“Samona calm down.” Henry says smiling. Samona shakes her head. “I’m too nervous.” she says. Henry smiles again before standing up. He takes Samona’s hand, making her stop pacing and turn toward him. “What?” she asks. Henry shakes his head. “Just calm down.” he says. “Yes, it’s a wedding, and it’s our wedding.”

 

“I know, and I’m nervous.” Samona says. “We’re getting married.” she adds looking at the floor. Henry smiles down at her. “Look at me.” he says. Samona slowly looks up at him. “Now listen to me. There’s nothing to be nervous about. Today is going to be a happy day. What’s there to be nervous about?” he asks. Samona blushes and looks at the ground before mumbling something. Henry tilts his head to the side. “What was that?” he asks.

 

Samona’s blush darkens. “During the wedding we have to…” she trails out. Henry raises an eyebrow at her. He then blinks. “Oh.” he says as he realizes what she meant. He then lets out a small laugh. “You’re worried about a kiss?” he asks. Samona looks at him. “Yes. It’s a kiss that signifies us being bonded together.” she says. Henry smiles. He then wraps an arm around Samona’s waist and pulls her to him.

 

“If you’re nervous about it, how about we practice?” he asks. Samona looks up at him. “What? Don’t say things like that.” she asks looking at the floor. Henry smiles before using his free hand to tilt Samona’s chin look, making her look at him. “Well why not? I have every right to now.” he says before leaning down until his lips covered hers. Samona lets her eyes fall close. A blush spreads out Samona’s face as they pull apart.

 

“And another thing,” Henry starts. “I thought that if you was nervous about something, it would have been about was happens during the honeymoon.” he says releasing his arm from around Samona’s waist. Henry watches as the thought hits Samona and her face turns red. “Henry, why did you have to say anything.” she says swatting him on the arm. Henry laughs. “You would have thought of it sooner or later.” he says.

 

Henry then walks back toward the kitchen. “Anyways what I was coming in here to tell you was that breakfast is ready. We should eat together before the others get here and drag us away from each other with that whole groom shouldn’t see the bride before the wedding.” he states. Samona nods and follows Henry into the kitchen.

 

“Hmm… our last meal as friends. Can’t believe this is actually happening.” Samona says as she sits down at the table. Henry smiles as he sits a plate down in front of her. “I can.” he says. “Guess the others were right when they said that it was going to happen sooner or later.” he says sitting down across from Samona. Samona nods.

 

“I know; they’re going to rub this in our faces for the rest of our lives.” Samona says. Henry laughs. “Yeah that’s true.” he replies. “But hey, we’ll just smile along because we’ll be happy.” he says. Samona smiles. “Yeah, that’s right.”

 

~~~~ Half hour later ~~~~

 

With a knock on the door, the door opens and Leeteuk walks in with Heechul, Raina, and Minako behind him. “Good morning. Today is an important day.” Leeteuk says. Heechul nods. “That’s right. And it’s time to go. The groom isn’t supposed to see his bride before the wedding.” he says. Henry looks at Samona who was sitting on the couch next to him. “Told you they were going to say that.” he says making Samona smile.

 

“Come on you two, don’t just sit there. It’s wedding time.” Raina says. The two sitting nod before standing up. “Samona, you’ll be coming with us, Henry you’ll be going with the guys.” Minako says. Samona nods as they grab their jackets. The two then follows the others out the apartment. “See you later.” Samona says to Henry before getting into the car with her sisters. Henry waves before getting into the car with Heechul and Leeteuk.

 

Samona sighs as she sits in the back seat. A minute later the car pulls off. “So where are we going?” she asks. Minako turns around from the passenger seat. “We’re going straight to the hall.” she says. Samona raises a brow. “Straight to the hall?” she asks.

“Yeah, we have everything set up there.” Raina answers.

“Yeah, first your hair and makeup will be done.” Minako states.

“Then you’ll be changed into you’re gown and accessories.”

“We also have a room set up for Mom and Brother, so you can go and speak with them before the wedding starts.”

 

Samona nods. “Seems good.” she says. She then turns her head to the side and looks out the window. “This whole thing seems good.” she whispers. Minako smiles at her before turning back around in the passenger seat. “That’s because it is.” she replies.

 

Within minutes the car was parked and the three gets out of the car. As they walk toward the entrance spots the media crews. “Oh, they’re here already.” she says. Raina nods. “Of course they are. They want to get everything filmed, beginning to end.” she says. Samona nods. “Good morning.” one of the crew members greets as the sisters arrive at the entrance. The sisters bow as they stop at in front of the crew. “Good morning.” the three replies bowing.

 

“Samona, how are you feeling right now?” one of the reporters ask.

“I’m happy but very nervous.” she answers.

“Yes, today is very important. All of your idol friends with busy schedules confirmed that they’re coming.” another reporter says.

“I know. I’m very grateful to them to take time out of their very hectic schedules to attend. Idol friends and non-idol friends. I love them all and I’m going to thank all of them personally, for being great friends.”

“You have a lot of great friends.”

“Yes I do. And I’m happy that I’m able to have them all here with me and family to watch and celebrate me becoming one with the man I love.”

“Today is going to be great. We can’t wait for the wedding to start.”

“Same here. Thank you all also for coming and supporting us. I’ll see you all later.” Samona says before bowing and following her sisters into the building.

 

The three walk through the building, greeting others that they walked passed. “Ah, this is the room for the wedding reception.” Minako says as they come up to double doors. Opening the doors, Samona follows her sisters into the room. Samona gasps as she takes in the sight of the room. The decorations were sapphire blue; streamers, balloons, flowers. “Ah, looks at the sapphire blueness.” Samona squeals, smiling.

 

“Hey girls.” a voice greets. The three turns to see Kyuhyun walking toward them with a camera man behind him. “You’re here already?” Samona asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, I was one of the first people here. I’m in charge of the camera work for the stations.” he says. “I’m kinda the host. I’ll be showing the main camera around during preparations, walking with the other guests, and directing the cameras during the whole ceremony.” he adds.

 

Samona tilts her head. “Kyuhyun, that’s a lot to do. You sure you want to do it all alone?” she asks. Minako shakes her head. “What do you mean? He’s the one who asked to do all of it himself.” she says. Raina nods. “Yeah, he volunteered to do it and won’t take no as an answer.” she says. Kyuhyun nods in agreement. “That’s right. I wanted to do this.” he says.

 

Samona smiles. “Aw, really? You’re awesome, you know that right.” she says hugging Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiles, hugging back. “Yeah, I know. You and Henry are like family, so of course I’ll do this for you two.” he says. “Oh that reminds me.” Kyuhyun says as they step apart. “Noona will be coming with the others.” he says. Samona blinks. “Oh, Ahra-Unni was able to make it?” she asks. Kyuhyun nods.

 

“That’s awesome. That means everyone will be able to come.” Minako says. Raina nods. “Ah, it’ll be fun to see everyone together. It’ll be like the second time. First if you include Henry’s and Zhoumi’s families.” she states. The others nod. “Oh, this will be so fun.” Samona says smiling. Kyuhyun looks down at his watch. “Oh, you three should be heading to the dressing room to get ready.” he says. The three nods. “Okay then, we’ll see you later.” Minako says.

 

The three girls walk out of the reception room and down the hall. “This is where we’ll be getting ready.” Raina says as she opens a door. Inside the room were a woman with blonde hair and a woman with dark red hair. “Hi JaeHwa, Hei.” the three greets. The other two smile. “Hey girls, we were told that you should be arriving soon.” JaeHwa says. Samona takes off her jacket and sits it down on the couch in the room. “So the dress and everything for me is here?” she asks.

 

Hei nods. “Yep, we made sure we got everything earlier, so that everything would be here and ready.” she says. Samona nods before walking over to the table and looking at all the different accessories and supplies sitting on it. “I’m going to help Hei with getting you girls ready.” JaeHwa says. Minako looks at her. “But you two are bridesmaids; you also have to get dressed.” she says. JaeHwa nods.

 

“That’s true, but we want to make sure that everyone is dressed with time to spare. So first, Hei and I are going to get you three ready.” JaeHwa starts. “Since me and Hei pre-styled our hair, only thing we have to do is take the curlers out. When we’re done with you three, we’ll finish our own makeup and finish getting ready. And while we’re doing that, it’ll give Samona some time to go visit Mi Young and Myung.” she explains.

 

“That’s right, so come on and sit down.” Hei says. The three sisters nod before sits down in the chairs in front of the table. “Samona, Hei will be focusing on you mostly. Minako and Raina, I’ll be working with you too. You two know about makeup, so some of it you can do yourself.” JaeHwa says. Samona looks at her. “Hey, I know about makeup.” she says. The other four girls look at her.

 

“Not enough to where you can apply it yourself.” Raina says. Samona opens to defend herself but stops. “Agh, that’s true.” she says. The other four laughs. “You’ll be okay Samona. We accepted the fact that you know almost nothing when it comes to makeup.” Hei says. Samona sighs. “Well it’s not my fault that I’m not interested in It.” she says. Minako nods. “We know that’s why we always have someone else do your makeup for you.” she says.

 

~~~~ ~~ ~~~~

 

“Hey Kyuhyun.” a voice calls. Kyuhyun and the cameraman next to him turn around. “Oh, hey Kangin-hyung.” Kyuhyun greets the person walking toward them. “Is everything set?” he asks. Kangin nods. “Yeah, oh Yunho called and said that they’ll be here any second now.” he informs. Kyuhyun nods. “Ah, that’s good; I should be able to catch them when they arrive.” he says. Kangin nods. “Yeah if you go to the entrance now.” he says. Kyuhyun nods.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you later. Follow me, Daehyun.” Kyuhyun says. He then turns and walks down the hall with the cameraman behind him. “So you’re going to try to catch some of the guests when they arrive?” asks Daehyun. Kyuhyun nods. The two then stops in front of the entrance. “Are you going to do little interviews?” Daehyun asks.

 

Kyuhyun nods. “Kind of Daehyun, I’ll greet them and ask them to send a little message.” he says. Daehyun nods. “Oh, that’ll be great.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. As minutes pass, Kyuhyun greets the different people who arrive. Everyone says a couple words into the camera before Kyuhyun points them toward the correct room.

 

Kyuhyun turns toward the camera. “A lot of people are arriving now. It only reminds us that the wedding will be starting soon. Hope everyone is staying entertained watching us.” he says. “We’ll go see what the others are doing after we’re done here.” he informs.

“Hey Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun and Daehyun turns to see the boys of TVXQ walking toward them. Kyuhyun waves. “Oh hey, you guys finally arrived. We’ve been waiting for you.” he greets. The five stops next to him. “Waiting on us? Why?” Yunho asks. Kyuhyun points toward the camera Daehyun was holding. “We’re having the guests say a few word to the couple.” he explains.

 

“Oh, is Samona watching right now?” Yoochun asks.

“Yeah, she’s in the bride’s dressing room with the bridesmaids. When I talked to Minako earlier she said that they were watching.” Kyuhyun says.

“Oh okay. I got something.” Yunho says before turning to the camera. “Hey Sammie, Henry. You two are getting married. Can’t say that it’s a surprise, you two are made for each other. I wish you two the best.”

“Miss Nana, you’re getting married to Henry. I know you’re super happy right now. I know there’s no one else you’ll rather marry. Henry congratulations.” Jaejoong states.

“Sam, you’re getting married. I’m a little sad but I’m glad that you and Henry are finally getting married. You two love each other a lot and I’m glad that you two are taking the step forward in your relationship.” Changmin says.

“Henry, Minnie Mouse. Finally, you two are getting married. Everyone is happy that you two are getting married. You two had everyone going crazy watching your relationship.” Yoochun says.

“I agree with Yoochun. Henry and Samona, we love you two and we’re happy that you’re finally getting married.” Xiah adds.

 

As the boys finish talking, Kyuhyun points them toward the correct room. Kyuhyun turns toward the camera and does a thumbs up. “Kyuhyun.” a voice calls just as Kyuhyun was about to say something. Kyuhyun and Daehyun turn around to see BoA walk into the building followed by SNSD. “Oh, hello ladies. You all look pretty.” Kyuhyun greets. The ten stops in front of him.

 

“Kyuhyun, why are you standing out here?” Yoona asks. Kyuhyun motions to the camera. “I’m having the guests say a few words to the future married couple.” he replies. The girls nod.  “Oh, can I say something?” BoA asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Go ahead.” he says. BoA turns toward the camera. “Samona, Henry, I’ve known you two for years now. I’m so happy that you two are getting married. I know you two will be great together.” she says. As she steps back, Taeyeon steps forward. “Little One, you’re getting married. And it’s to Henry. I know how much you really love him and I can’t be more happy for you.” Taeyeon says.

“Congratulation Princess.” Tiffany and Jessica say.

“You’re a lucky man Henry.” Sunny says.

“Wish you two the best.” Seohyun and Yoona reply.

“Hope you two have a wonderful marriage.” Sooyoung, Yuri, and Hyoyeon add.

 

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun says as he points the girls into the right direction. He then turns back toward the camera. “So much SM love.” Daehyun says. Kyuhyun smiles. “Yeah, just like other agencies SM artists are close. We’re glad about that.” he says. As time went by, SHINee and f(x) arrived followed by Kara, 2PM, 2AM and others.

 

Kyuhyun looks down at his watch. “Oh, come on we need to go see the girls.” he says. He then calls for another cameraman to take over before having Daehyun follow him down the hall. The two walks toward the bride’s dressing room. “They should be ready now. We’ll see.” Kyuhyun says as they turn the counter. As they stop walking, Kyuhyun nods on the door in front of them. A second later the door opens revealing Minako.

 

“Hey Minako. Are you all done getting ready?” Kyuhyun asks. Minako nods before stepping aside letting the two come into the room. “Well almost. Hei is in the back finishing getting ready.” Raina announce from where she sat at on the couch. Kyuhyun looks around. “Where’s Samona?” he asks. JaeHwa points to the door. “She just left. Didn’t you see her?” she asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Oh, she must have gone the wrong way.” Minako says. Kyuhyun raises a brow. “Where’s she trying to go?” he asks. Raina turns to him. “Oh she went to see Mom and brother.” she informs.

 

Kyuhyun nods before turning to Daehyun. “Come on. Maybe we can catch her before she gets there.” he says. Daehyun nods and follows him out the room. “See you girls in a few.” Kyuhyun says before closing the door and walking back the way they came. As Kyuhyun and Daehyun turn another corner, they see the trail of white clothing flow into a room. "Oh, that should be her." Kyuhyun says. Daehyun nods and follows him down the hall. The two stop in the doorway to see Samona bow at two pictures propped up in front of the room.

One picture was a photo of an older woman who looked like Samona. The other is a picture of a young boy. Kyuhyun immediately hold out his arm, before Daehyun could step forward. Daehyun looks at Kyuhyun to see him shake his head. "Just watch." he whispers lowly. Daehyun nods turning back to the bowing girl. The two stands there in the doorway watching.

 

Sighing, Samona sits the shoes that she held in her hand down on the floor next to her. She then moves into a Seiza sitting position, letting her dress flow on the floor around her. Letting out a breath, Samona looks up at the pictures in front of her. “Hello, Mom, Brother, how are you two today. Minako and Raina said they visited earlier with Dad, Grandpa, and some of the others. So now it’s my turn. Guess you already know what today is, right?

 

“It’s mine and Henry’s wedding. Every time I think about this, one of the first things that come to my mind is you two. You two were the first ones that ever said that I and Henry were going to get married one day. You two would always make fun of us whenever we did something together. But you know I miss the teasing. I hate that you two aren’t here to see this.”

 

Samona looks down at her hands, resting on her lap. “I’m sorry.” she says as her eyes begin to tear up. “I’m so sorry.” She hangs her head low as the tears fall down her face. “It hurts. I wish you two were here so badly. But you’re not. I know right now you two are just looking down at me and calling me stupid for crying. Stupid for getting upset on my wedding day. But I can’t help it.

 

“I wish you two were here for this. I wish you to be here with me and help me prepare for this. But you’re not, no matter how bad I want it. I wish things could have been different. I wish I could go back in time but I can’t. I’m so sorry.” she cries, her hands gripping her dress tightly.

 

Kyuhyun exhales a breath. He then takes off his headset as Daehyun looks at him. “I hate seeing her like this.” Kyuhyun says. “Hold this.” he says holding out the headset. Daehyun nods and takes the headset from him. The two then turn back to the crying girl. Kyuhyun lets out another sigh before walking forward. “Samona.” he calls out as he walks up to her.

 

Kyuhyun moves to her side. Making sure he wasn’t on her dress, Kyuhyun kneels down next to Samona. “Come on.” he say holding out his arms. Samona turns to Kyuhyun, letting him pull her into a hug. “I miss them.” she cries into his shoulder. Kyuhyun pats the crying girl on the back. “I know. We all do.” he says. “Samona, there’s no need to cry or be sad.” he says. He then moves back and looks at Samona. “Look Samona,” he starts as she looks at him. “Stop crying. You know Mom and brother would be upset if they seen you crying. I know you wish they were here, we all do. But it’s not your fault that they’re not here. It’s your wedding day and you look beautiful. Be happy because we know that if Mom and brother were here that they’ll be supporting you will all their might. Okay?” Kyuhyun says.

 

Samona nods as she wipes her eyes. “Thanks.” she whispers. Kyuhyun nods. “It’s my job as your best friend.” he says. He then holds out his hand to Samona as he stands up. Picking up her shoes with her left hand, Samona places her right hand in Kyuhyun’s and lets his pull her up. “So you’re okay?” Kyuhyun asks. Samona nods. “Yeah, I’m okay.” she replies. Kyuhyun smiles. “Good, because your wedding starts in a few minutes.” he informs.

 

Samona looks at him. “It’s almost time to start?” she asks. Kyuhyun nods. He then walks over to Daehyun and takes his headset back. He puts the headset back on as Samona also walks over. “Hey Daehyun.” she greets. Daehyun turns to her. “Are you okay” he asks. Samona nods. “Yeah I’m fine.” she says. “Today’s a happy day, so I should be crying.” she adds.

 

“That’s good to hear. Samona fighting.” Daehyun says. Samona smiles. “That’s right.” she replies. She then looks into the camera. “We’re going to have fun today. Today is an awesome day.” she says. Kyuhyun smiles. “Good. Now come on. We have to meet with the others.” he says. Samona and Daehyun nods before following him down the hall.