ME - Chapter 12

Marriage Effects [Hiatus]

 

Chapter 12

~9 months later~

As the car to a stop in front of the hospital, Henry puts the gear into park. He then turns to Samona, who sat in the passenger seat. “I’ll be back later after I’m done with recording, okay?” he asks. Samona looks at him and nods. “Yeah, that’s fine.” she says.

Henry lets out small sigh. Rising his hand, he softly caresses Samona’s cheek. “It’ll be okay.” he says. Letting out a breath, Samona leans into his touch. “But this is his last night.” she whispers. Tears begin to form in her eyes. “That’s exactly why you, your sisters, and Myung Ki are going to be by his side all day.” he says. “Now don’t cry. You know Myung will be upset if he sees you crying.” he adds.

Samona nods, rubbing her eyes. “Yeah, you’re right.” she says. She then lets out a sigh. “I should be going now.” she says. Henry nods. “The others said they’ll drop by in between schedules to come see Myung.” he informs. Samona nods. “That’s good. He’ll be glad to see everyone.” she says.

Unbuckling her seatbelt, Samona looks back at Henry. “Call when you’re on your way back, okay?” she asks. Henry nods. “Of course. I’ll see you later.” he says leaning forward and kisses Samona on the cheek. Samona smiles before getting out the car. “See you later.” she says before shutting the door.

Waving bye to Henry, Samona turns and walks into the building. Greeting the doctor, nurses and others, Samona walks down a hall. She walks until she comes to a door with the number 124 on it. She takes a deep breath before turning the knob.

“Hey all.” Samona greets opening the door. Myung sat in a hospital bed while Minako, Raina, and Myung Ki sat in chairs next to the bed. Raina and Myung Ki sat on the left side while Minako sat on the right. As they greet back, Samona shuts the door before walking and sitting down in the seat beside her twin.

“Hey Grandpa. Sorry I wasn’t able to stay long yesterday.” Samona says. Myung shakes his head. “It’s okay. The fact that you came is all I need.” he says smiling.

 

~~

“Bye Grandpa SooSoo, see you next week at the meeting.” Raina says as SooMan walks out the room. Minako looks at Myung. “Ah, there’s never a dull moment when you two are in the room together.” she says. Myung lets out a small laugh. “I can say the same about you all too.” he says. “It’s great spending time like this.” he says.

The other four nod. “So you’ve enjoyed all the visits.” Myung Ki says. Myung nods. “Of course. Everyone’s been visiting this past week. It’s been great seeing them.” he says. “Even though all of them are really busy, it’s nice to see that they have time to come visit.” he adds. Raina smiles. “It’s because they all love you.” she says.

Myung lets out a small laugh. “And I love them all too.” he says. “Remember to stay close to everyone even though you all are busy.” he says. “They’re like family so always look out for each other no matter what.” he adds. The others nod.

Myung then yawns. “I’m getting tired already.” he says with another small laugh. Raina looks at him. “Well it’s like 10pm and you did have a lot of visitors today.” she says. Myung nods. “Tell them all that I said thanks. They made this day so enjoyable for me.” he says. “It was great having them here.”

“Well it’s getting late. I should get some sleep and I know you girls have to get up early tomorrow.” Myung says. The three girls nod as they stand up. “Have a nice rest Grandpa.” Raina says leaning over the bed and hugging Myung. Minako and Samona follow in tow. “Sweet dreams Grandpa.” they say.

Myung Ki stands up from his chair as the three girls walk out the room. He then walks to the side of his father’s bed. “Not much time left?” he asks. Myung shakes his head. “Keep looking out for them. They may be grown but they live a difficult life.” he says. Myung Ki nods. “Of course. They know I’m always here for them. Plus they have each other to back them up.” he says.

Myung nods and smiles. “Stay strong, okay?” he says. Myung Ki nods. “I know.” he says before moving and hugging his father. “I love you.” he whispers. Ending the hug, Myung lays down in the bed. After pulling the cover up and tucking him in, Myung Ki sits down on the bed next to him and takes Myung’s hand in his. “Good night Dad.” Myung Ki says as Myung closes his eyes. “Tell them I said hi.” he adds in a whisper making Myung smiles.

Silence filled the room, the only sound being the beeping from the EKG machine. The three sisters stood in the doorway watching their Father and Grandfather. It was about 20 minutes of silence before the beeping begins to slow down. Soon after, an endless ring came from the machine causing the tears that the four were holding in to fall. Almost immediately, Raina moves from the doorway and runs down the hall, looking for a doctor or nurse.

 

~~Two months later~

“So Insu this is the part you’re setting up for now, right?” Henry asks the man standing next to him. The two were looking at a book that laid open in front of them on a table. “Yep, we’ll be recording this scene next.” Insu says. Henry nods. “Do you need any help?” he asks. Insu shrugs. “Well we have a lot more help than we usually do. But if you want to help that’s fine.” he says.

“Hey Henry! You have a visitor!” a woman’s voice calls. The two turn to see a woman standing at the entrance of the room. She then steps aside and Samona walks into the room. Spotting Henry, she immediately waves to him before turning to the woman.

Smiling, Henry turns to Insu. “I’ll help after I go talk to her.” he says. Insu nods. “That’s fine. Take your time.” he says smiling before walking off. Henry then turns and walks toward Samona. “Hey Mona.” he greets kissing her on the cheek. “What are you doing here? I thought you had schedule?” he asks.

Samona nods. “I did. But we finished earlier. So I decide to come see you.” she explains. “We can even go home together. Plus I don’t want to be alone.” she adds, whispering the last part. Henry smiles softly at her. “It’s okay. I understand.” he says.

“So, we don’t have much more to do.” Henry says. “We’re setting up for the second to last scene that we will be shooting today. So we shouldn’t take too long.” he adds. Samona nods. “That’s fine. I have no problem with waiting.” she says. Henry smiles. “Great. Well, I’m going to go help them set up. Make yourself comfortable, okay?” he says.

As Samona nods, Henry turns and walks off to find Insu. “Hey Samona.” Samona turns to see a man with black hair walking toward her. Smiling, Samona waves to him. “Hey Kai. I didn’t know you were working with Henry on this project.” she says as he stops in front of her.

Kai shrugs. “Oh actually I’m just guest starring in the last couple filming episode.” he informs. “I thought it was going to be super busy between sets but they decided to bring in a little more help to get things moving and set up quicker.” he says. Samona nods. “Oh, yeah, Henry did tell me about that.” she says. She then shrugs.

“So, how have you been Kai?” Samona asks. Kai sighs. “Eh… been better.” he says. Samona tilts her head. “What? Why? Did you finally break up with that person?” she asks. Kai lets out a small laugh. “Ah, you were always able to read me like an open book.” he says. “But yeah I did. Don’t worry though. I’m not too heartbroken.” he says.

Samona nods. “Ah, that’s good. I don’t think that person was right for you.” she says. Kai lets out another laugh. “Yeah, I know. And you were right.” he says. Samona shrugs. “Hey, got to look out for our friends.” she says. “So… ‘Not too heartbroken’ huh? Have someone else in mind, don’t you?” she asks.

Kai smiles and nods. “Yes, I do.” he says. “But don’t worry this time. This person, I know you’ll approve.” he says. Samoan raises a brow. “Oh? Do I know this person?” she asks. Kai nods. “Okay then. Tell me more about this person then.”

 

~Henry stretches as he walks across the room. They had finished filming and had just finished cleaning up. After thanking and saying goodbye to everyone, he made his way to Samona. She was currently sitting in a chair off to the side, talking to Kai.

Seeing Henry walking toward them, Samona waves to him as she and Kai stands up. “I’ll see you some other time Samona.” Kai says. Samona nods. “Yep. I wish you luck. Call if you need any advice.” she says. Kai nods before saying bye to her and Henry before walking off. Samona then turns to Henry. “Ready to go?” she asks.

Henry nods, taking Samona’s hand into his. With that, the two walks out the room into the hall. “So… I didn’t know you were close with Kai.” Henry says as they walk down the hall. Samona shrugs. “Yeah a little.” she says. “We got a little close during the filming of their MV that I helped with.” she says.

“Yes I see. Whenever he could, he went over and talked with you.” Henry says as they walk out the building and to his car. Raising a brow, Samona looks at Henry as they get into the car. “What’s that I hear?” she asks belting her seat belt. “Is Mr. Henry Lau jealous?” she asks.

Henry puffs out his cheeks. “Of course I’m not.” he says. Samona lets out a small laugh. “Are you sure?” she asks pointing his cheek. Lifting his hand, Henry takes hold out Samona’s. “As I said, of course I’m not.” he says looking at her. “Why? Because you’re mine, Mrs. Samona Lau.” he says before pulling Samona forward, and moving until their lips connected. Sitting back in his seat, he smiles at the blush that appears on Samona’s face before starting the car up.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~

A.N.: And that’s Chapter 12. :D

Okay I know you’re like ‘Well which part has to do with the of the story. The hospital or Kai?’

Well the answer is both. :D XD

How? Well you’ll find that out in a later chapter sooo for now you can just ponder on it. And no it doesn’t have to do with any type of affair. …. I don't think ... let me think about it a little....... no, no, no affair. XD

And if you’re wondering, yes, the Kai I used is Kai from EXO. His name just randomly popped up in my head when I was writing that part, I don’t know why. XD

Anyways that’s the chapter. Hope you liked it.

~Samona