Chapter 3 - Alive

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to Spring Time by Yiruma while reading this

Chapter 3 - Alive

 

“We have news about Kyuhyun sshi.” The doctor continued.

 

Everyone gulped nervously. They hoped that it was good new. They wanted it to be good new. Because if it wasn’t, then they had no idea how they will cope.

 

“Kyuhyun is.....”

 

 

Oh god.... Please don’t let him be dead. Anything but dead. That single thought ran through their minds, over and over again, repeating itself. This was Super Junior we were talking about. They could deal with almost anything. ALMOST anything. Sure they could deal with hosting 4 radio shows in a go. They could deal with finishing an album in 2 months, along with the music videos, by giving up their sleep. They could deal with holding Super Shows for 5 consecutive days, without any rest. But they couldn’t deal with their maknae dying.

 

“Kyuhyun is resting. He survived the operation.”

 

Thump. 

 

Leeteuk had slumped to the ground in relief. His knees had buckled when he heard the news. Kyuhyun is alive. He’s alive. Our maknae is alive! He almost cried with joy. Kangin and Sungmin knelt down and helped their leader up, their eyes b with tears. Not tears of sadness, of course not! Who would cry because of sadness at this miracle? The antis might. But not his brothers!

 

Heechul collapsed back onto the seat, breathing out in relief, while Hankyung smiled a watery smile. Kibum started planning on how to defeat Kyuhyun in the next game of star craft. Siwon was praying happily to God, thanking him for keeping Kyuhyun alive. Ryeowook had bursted out in sobs again, this time clinging onto Yesung. Shindong had already started drafting out ideas for what Kyuhyun might want to eat when he woke up, before deciding to leave that job to Ryeowook as it was making him hungry. He hadn’t eaten since that phone call from Leeteuk. Eunhyuk and Donghae had started dancing around in joy, planning on their next prank on Kyuhyun.

 

“But...”

 

The members paused. They have never hated the word ‘But’ so much than now. Why does there always have to be a ‘But’? They should have known. WIth every good thing, something bad will always happen.

 

“He’s in a coma right now. His physical injuries will heal. But we can’t say the same for his mental status.”

 

They stared at the doctor. And stared. And stared. And stared. The doctor shifted uneasily under their stares. It wasn’t easy to remain calm under 12 scrutinizing stares.

 

“Of course he’ll heal. Both his mental state and physical state.” Kibum retorted casually. Of course Kyuhyun would heal. This was Cho Kyuhyun they’re talking about. The naughty maknae who always loved to bully his hyungs. The evil maknae who always dropped all formalities when talking to them. The gaming obsessed maknae who loved Starcraft more than anything, except Super Junior. The strong maknae that had survived the 2007 car accident. Super Junior’s beloved maknae. None of the members could even believed that the doctor had even DARED to think that Kyuhyun wouldn’t be able to heal.

 

“That’s a relief to hear. But he’s in a coma.”

 

Oh. So he’s in a coma right now. That’s alright because he’s alive.Wait….. WHAT????? A coma? And they stared again at the doctor.

 

“How long will he be in that... that state?” Leeteuk gulped nervously, anticipating the doctor’s answer.

 

“We’re not sure. It all depends on his mental will. But if we are basing it only on his physical injuries, then we would say around 2 to 3 week

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter