Epilogue

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

3 Months Later

 

Kyuhyun leaned against the wall, casting yet another glance at his watch. 10 minutes past 8. The recording was going overtime. It was supposed to have ended 10 minutes ago. He glanced up just in time to see a group of trainees awkwardly bowing down to him as they shuffled past him uncertainly. In response, he nodded back to them, causing the girls in the group to squeal and blush while the boys looked at him with some sort of awe and respect in their eyes.

 

They were so young. He felt so old next to them. The trainees were the next generation of Kpop idols, and Kyuhyun felt a mixture of excitement and pity for them. He knew they would love the feeling of standing in front of a crowd, seeing hundreds of light sticks waving in front of them. It was humbling, knowing the type of effect he could have on people. Yet, the price paid for that was heavy. The stress of being an idol, being forced on diets and the likes. Finding yourself spiralling into depression at times because it was just too much and you felt overwhelmed.

 

However, Kyuhyun had never once regretted being an idol. Sure there were times when he just wanted to run away and all, but he never regretted pursuing this path. It had led him to know some of the most amazing people in his life, and 14 brothers that taught him no matter what happened, no matter what tried to tear them apart, no matter what stupid decisions he has made, they would always be there for him.

 

“Still sweeping girls off their feet with a nod, eh Kyu?” A teasing voice drew him out of his thoughts and he looked up to his best friend coming out of the recording studio with a grin.

 

“You’re late.” He complained, gesturing at his watch to emphasise the point.

 

“Sorry sorry. You know how Yunho and Jaejoong are. Perfectionist couple, that they are.” Changmin raised a hand in surrender.

 

“We heard that, young man.” Yunho admonished in a mocking tone as the rest of TVXQ emerged out of the studio. Kyuhyun nodded at them in greeting as he chuckled.

 

“Be back by eleven, yeah?” Jaejoong said as they moved past the younger two, ruffling both Kyuhyun’s and Changmin’s hair.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Sure mum.” His best friend grumbled as he tried to smooth out his hair with a huff. Kyuhyun knew that Changmin secretly enjoyed the affectionate gesture. 6 years was a long time to go without seeing someone. He had no idea how Yunho and Changmin had managed it. Or the other three.

 

“That applies to you too, Kyuhyun. I’ll be calling Leeteuk to see whether you have gotten home by then.” Jaejoong said as a parting shot.

 

It was his turn to grumble. It was horrible when the ummas of both groups teamed out. There was just no way out then.

 

“I feel like they’re still treating us like kids. Even though we are twenty-something years old.” Changmin groaned as they exited the building and walked down the street. It was a weekday and during the exam period, so neither of them were particularly worried of being spotted by a fan.

 

“Speak for yourself. You are a kid in all rights.” Kyuhyun replied as he led the way to the restaurant. He was treating the other, as an apology of making Changmin deplete his secret reserve of food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter