Chapter 9 - Finally You Idiot

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 - Finally You Idiot

 

Heechul froze in his steps as he stared at the figure in front of him. No, it could not be. There was no way it could possible. Could it? Finally? Has God finally granted his wish, even though he wasn’t a Christian? All sort of thoughts ran through his head, except the last one which was dismissed immediately. After all, he was an atheist.

 

“H-h-hy-ung...”

 

Kyuhyun’s croaked voice snapped Heechul out of his trance. He blinked and felt his eyes welled up in tears that threatened to overflow. In a flash, he was beside Kyuhyun.

 

“Hush. Kyu. Don’t talk. Everything will be alright.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up and stared into the diva’s eyes, as if searching for the answer there. Heechul paused and pondered on whether he should go and find the nurse first or call the members. His dilemma was solved immediately when a certain monkey decided to bounce into the room, not unlike how his fishy friend did just a few minutes ago.

 

“Heechul hyung! We-”

 

Whatever Eunhyuk had wanted to say was cut off when his throat closed on him as he found himself staring at not one, but two pairs of eyes. Kyuhyun and Heechul watched as a flurry of emotions passes through Eunhyuk’s face. His mouth dropped open and closed like a fish and for a brief moment, Kyuhyun wondered how it would look like on Donghae himself. Without a word, the dancer turned and raced out of the room. The footsteps of him running down the hallway to goodness knows where, probably to the rest of the members, were somehow magnified and echoed in Heechul’s ears.The remaining two males in the room eyed each other warily, unsure of what was going to happen next but when a shout that rang across the hospital, Heechul grinned at Kyuhyun.

 

“H-Hyung! Get your over here! He’s awake.”

 

They could hear Eunhyuk running back to the room, most probably being followed by the rest of the members or being chased by the scary nurses for causing a commotion in the hospital.

 

The next scene was greeted by a flurry of colors that rushed through the door and Kyuhyun found himself an armful of a sobbing Eunhyuk that was crushing him tightly to the bones while mumbling nonsensical sentences  and he found himself hurting all over again.

 

“H-hurts.”

 

He managed to gasp out.

 

“Yah! Don’t be so rough on your maknae.”

 

Kyuhyun could only blink in surprise as the sudden weight left him and found himself staring at Leeteuk’s concerned face, faintly aware of Kangin berating Eunhyuk for hugging the maknae so tightly in the background.

 

Leeteuk let out a high pitched squeal of surprise before throwing himself at Kyuhyun, not unlike Eunhyuk, only this time, taking care not to touch the younger’s wounds. Kyuhyun could only watch in surprise and silence as he was swarmed with hugs and lots and lots of questions piling over one another, namely “Are you ok?” and “Does it hurt?”, occasionally with the whine “I’m hungry!”

 

The noise only lapsed into momentary silence when the door was suddenly thrown open and a loud “Hyung!” and “Kui Xian!” was heard. Everyone turned in time to find Henry and Zhou Mi standing in the door way. A moment of silence was observed before it was broken by the sound of running feet and squeals and curses in both English and Chinese.

 

He watched on in shock, unable to do anything as Henry and Zhou Mi ran over to him, abandoning their luggage at the door way and shoving whoever was on Kyuhyun away before throwing themselves onto him. He listened to Henry’s ramble of English words that came out of his mouth, understanding nothing at all only the concerned tone and Zhou Mi’s fast tirade of Chinese swear words along with “You idiot.” and “I’m so glad.” Somewhere in his head, he wondered whether Hankyung would wash Zhou Mi’s mouth with soap for swearing in public but with one glance at Hankyung’s amused face, he decided not.

 

“Yah! Seasoning! Mochi!”

 

The familiar screech of the diva could be heard as he dragged the two said boys away from Kyuhyun, giving him time and space to breath and briefly register what had just happened. Heechul ordered them to explain why they were here since they were supposed to be in China, temporarily taking charge seeing that Leeteuk was a sobbing mess in Kangin’s arms who was desperately trying to calm the group umma down but to no avail.

 

“Us? Henry finished his exams already. Didn’t you know?” Zhou Mi answered the question,  raising an eyebrow.

 

“Hmm? Maybe it was too trivial for me to remember it.” Heechul shot back.

 

“Oh really. Or was it because you were too busy shopping for weird outfits to even bother?” 

 

“You so did NOT just insult my fashion sense.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter