Chapter 30

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

 

Chapter 30:

            The next day; the last day. They all woke up early despite sleeping early in the morning. It seemed like they didn’t want to waste a minute together without doing anything. They woke up and ate breakfast. After taking a bath and changing clothes the members decide to pack their things. AeLin had a schedule to do that day unfortunately. She wanted to postpone all her activities on that day and was able to do so in JYPE but her activities in SME were irreversible. She had no choice but to leave. But then because she was able to take JYPE off her load she should be ableto go back at around 2PM.

            “Oppa, I’ll be going now.” AeLin said. “Take care AeLin. Do well today as well.” Key said. “De oppa. I’ll be back later.” AeLin said. “Well then, go on or you’ll be late.” Onew said with a smile. Then AeLin bowed and headed for the door. She got out of the apartment and was about to approach the elevator when he heard a door open. She ignored it and went forward. “AeLin.” TaeMin’s voice. She turned around and saw him come to her. “TaeMin. What is it?” AeLin said. TaeMin paused in front of her for a moment. “Uh…is something wro-” then TaeMin grabbed her by the hand and got her into his arms. “Ommo.” She said. TaeMin was hugging her tightly. “AeLin ah…take care today.” TaeMin said.

            AeLin was speechless for a moment. She hugged back. “I will.” Then she smiled. They broke the hug. “Ya. If you wanted a hug, just tell me. Don’t pull my arm like that. It hurts you know.” AeLin said as a way to lighten up the mood. TaeMin just nodded and laughed for a bit then she noticed how TaeMin was sniffing. She was confused. “Ommo. Are you crying?” AeLin said and went closer. “Ah. No no.” TaeMin quickly whipped his tears. “Don’t worry. I promise I’ll be back later. You need to go to the aiport in 3PM right? I’ll be here at 2 so don’t worry.” AeLin said and helped him wipe his tears. “Until then you have to shape up and get ready for your trip. Seattle is a long way TaeMin.” She added. That finally put a smile on TaeMin’s face. “Go on.” AeLin said.

            TaeMin went back to the dorm and AeLin continued on to the elevator. AeLin had 2 schedules to do. She was in the van with her manager. “Unnie. What’s the first one?” she asked. “We’ll be going to a magazine interview first. Then after that right around lunch time we’ll be going to clean and green campaign.” Her manager answered. “Campaign?” she said. “How long would that be?” she added. “Hmm…right around 1:30 it’ll all be done.” Her manager answered. She then silenced and went into a deep trance.

            Back at the apartment SHINee were clearing up the remaining things they own. “These shoes are the best.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin, we have a lot of shoes and you still keep that?” JongHyun said. “De. I have a lot of memories with this.” He replied. “Ah!” they heard Key from the closet room. “What is it?” Onew went to him. “Hyung, I thought we had our Replay clothes auctioned off.” Key said while holding Onew’s cap from Replay’s MV. “Ahhh! My hat!” Onew said and got the hat. “Not all exactly went into the auction. My checkered polo is still with me.” JongHyun said. “And my necklace is still with me.” TaeMin said. “Necklace? The thunder one?” MinHo said. “De.” TaeMin answered. “I thought you gave that one to AeLin.” MinHo added. “MinHo.” JongHyun gave him a look.

            “She gave it back, when she went to Japan.” TaeMin said. “Well, I guess it’s a good time to give it to him once more.” MinHo said and gave him a pat on the back. “Good luck.” MinHo added and went to the other members. TaeMin looked at the necklace and suddenly came to recall everything that happned for thee past years. The first time they met, the times they spent together arguing, the sweet times, the romantic times, the bad times, everything. He can’t help but smile when he suddenly recalled the time when he gave her the necklace in her 18th birthday; the time when they shared their first kiss.

            He held onto it tightly and swore to never let go unless it was given to her. Soon the SHINee members were already at the airport. Everything was being arranged and stuff. “Where is she?” Onew said as they waited anxiously for AeLin. TaeMin was feeling a little bit worried. MinHo was on the phone trying to call her. “Oppa, I’ll be there in about 5 minutes!” AeLin said through the phone. And 5 minutes it was. She appeared amidst the crowd and greeted them. “Everyone!” she said as they had a group hug. “I guess the three of us would be heading in first. We need to check in now.” Onew said as he got Key and Jjong with him. “Guys, I’ll really miss you.” AeLin said and gave the 3 of them one last hug. “I’ll never forget you.” She then started to get teary eyed. “Aww! AeLin ah! We’ll end up crying too if you do that.” Jjong said who had tears in his eyes as well.

            “I’ll always pray for you.” She added and hugged them once more. Then the 3 of them went to the checking in area. “We love you AeLin!” Key yelled and waved goodbye. As they got in there was one person who was left to say goodbye to. A lot of Shawols were also gathered at the airport having to know about the departures. “AeLin…” TaeMin said and put down the bags he was holding. AeLin looked at him and smiled. “I’m going to miss you…a lot.” AeLin said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. “AeLin, remember this?” TaeMin said and got out the thunder necklace.

            AeLin gasped at the view of the necklace. “That was the first time…we kissed…right?” AeLin said. “Before that, I gave you this as a present. It was actually a rushed up gift since I didn’t prepare anything. But I still poured my heart and soul into wrapping this for you even though, at that time, I didn’t quite realize it yet.” TaeMin said. AeLin’s tears were pouring once more. “I love you AeLin. Don’t ever forget that.” TaeMin said and held on the necklace. MinHo was silently watching by the side. The fans were totally screaming and stuff. There were a lot of TaeLin fans there.

            TaeMin then faced the fans. “EVERYONE!!” TaeMin yelled, letting the fans hear. “For all the years that I have been with this ugly, annoying, irritating, childish woman, I’ve always thought how it’d be if we were to separate! I thought it’d be the vacation I’ve always wanted. I thought it would be paradise! But then, as time went by I suddenly realized how important this person is to me! In front of everyone, I ask you, along with MinHo hyung, to give us the blessings we’d highly appreciate, because this woman here, SHE’S THE ONE I TRULY LOVE!” TaeMin said as the fans grew wild.

            “Ya!! I knew it!! They’re really a couple!!” the fans were saying. “We’ll take care of her while you’re away oppa!!” “We’ll make sure to protect her from those who try to hurt her!” the fans went crazy. “We approve of the two of you!!” the Lintastics and Shawols were screaming. “I love you too TaeMin.” AeLin said and looked deep into his eyes.

            He then put the necklace on her. He then looked into her eyes as she did the same. Just like how that necklace caused them to have their first kiss, it also urged them to have their last kiss, before saying goodbye. In front of a lot of people, they professed their love and thus everything was set. Everything was poured into that last kiss. Every drop of feeling they had towards each other. It was made to be memorable…

            A year has passed after SHINee disbanded. As said, MinHo was still with AeLin sharing the same light with her. After the 4 members left, and after that publicized confession from TaeMin, AeLin was in for a lot. She had several interviews, rumours, and even gained more anits. But as the fans promised, along with MinHo, they protected her as she sorted out the misunderstandings and stuff. It was a busy year for her. She got more acting jobs and commercials; she’s doing more and more variety shows and even got radio jobs. Although it was a hectic year, one person never fails to cross her mind, and that is, TaeMin.

“AeLin ah! Come on, we need to get to the set!” MinHo said as they prepared for the filming of a drama. “De, I’ll be there.” AeLin said and got her stuff. She got out of the dorm and went down the elevator with MinHo. It was just another typical day for work, the sun was shining, the weather was fair, and the wind was blowing nicely. It was a perfect day, in fact. She felt really good that day. As they got outside the dorm building, greeting her was someone she has been waiting for. The feeling of elation surged through her body as she saw what was in front of her.

            “T…” she said, not believing what was there. “I’m back…” a wide smile was seen from the person she’s looking at. “TAEMIN!!” AeLin rushed to him and gave him a big hug. “AeLin, I’m back.” TaeMin said and hugged her back. “I’m sorry it took me long. JaeBeom hyung wouldn’t let me go without checking everything I’ve brought.” TaeMin said and gave her a warm smile. “Everything? You only brought one big bag and that’s even less luggage compared to when you were still in SHINee.” AeLin said and looked at his bag. “Well, it’s not the back that he wanted to check.” Then TaeMin put down the bag he was carrying and got something from his pocket.

            MinHo was by the sidelines, with a wide smile, watching them. TaeMin knelt in one knee and got AeLin’s right hand. AeLin’s eyes were sparking at that sight. Her heart was starting to flutter and waited for what was to come. “Sha AeLin…” then he got a small box from his pocket and opened it. AeLin gasped at the sight of the simple diamond ring inside which shone from inside the box. “After many years of being together, after many years of making each other laugh, cry, angry, pissed off, and such; through those years I slowly started to realize how such a day would come. You are the best thing that ever happened in my life AeLin, so…will you marry me?” TaeMin said.

            AeLin had tears in her eyes as TaeMin let her wear the ring. “Lee TaeMin…” she said and looked at him. “Yes…YES!! Yes I’ll marry you!!” AeLin said and hugged him as he stood up. TaeMin hugged her back, tightly, and almost teared up because of so much happiness. “I love you TaeMin.” She said. “I love you AeLin.” He replied. When they broke the hug they saw the people whom they would really want to see at the moment. The rest of the SHINee members were with MinHo. “You did it.” JongHyun said. “We’re proud of you.” Onew added. “Aigoo, my children.” Key said. Then they saw behind them were the complete 2PM members as well as 2AM and BEAST with wide smiles. They also saw YiBum and SaeKo. “Congratulations.” They all said. “You guys…” AeLin said as more tears started to fall.

            A year after the wedding TaeMin and AeLin had their first baby which was a boy. Key, JongHyun, Onew, and MinHo also had their own happy families with their own wives and cute children. Ray also had his own family and was happily married to his wife named Keisha. TaeMin and AeLin spent their happy married life back in South Korea where AeLin continued being a solo singer while TaeMin became her manager and a dance teacher in SM Entertainment.

            Destiny sure is someone who likes to add a little bit of twist and turns, challenges and competitions, tests that would make you want to prove your worth. Now, the game destiny put AeLin and TaeMin in ends as they spend their lives together once more, never to be separated by anyone.