Chapter 3

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

Chapter 3:

            They went out of the van then greet their fans as well. They were lead into the building and went up to the room where they were going to be interviewed. They stayed in there for about 2 hours. When they got out they went to a convenience store to buy some goods. And how could we forget? Of course there’ll be a group of people who would start recognizing SHINee as they skim through the aisles. “Hello.” Onew waves to the fans and gives them a smile for them to take a picture of.

            “Hyung, are you advertising yourself like that?” MinHo said jokingly. The other members laugh and continue on picking stuff for them to buy. TaeMin was getting something in almost aisle they go. “TaeMin ah, we don’t have enough money for that! Put it back.” Key handed him the stuff TaeMin got that was useless. “Hyung ah, we need this!” TaeMin fought back whining. “Put it back TaeMin.” He repeated. TaeMin looked unsatisfied and just put back the things he was handed.

            As he was putting back the things he got there would be a bunch of people fighting over that item. I guess the fans want to buy something, although irrelevant, that TaeMin touched. Then he went to an aisle where there were no people. As he put back a couple of things two girls went to him excited but nervous. “Oppa, can you please sign?” on girl said. TaeMin looked at them and smiled. “Wait, I’ll just put these back.” TaeMin said. “Ah, oppa, we’ll do that for you.” The other girl got the rest of the things that he was holding.

            Then he was handed a pen and a paper. “To whom will I address this one?” TaeMin said and looked at the two girls. “Lee ShiHyeo.” He wrote her name and his signature after it. He handed it to the girl and then got another paper and wrote in it. “And you?” he said. “Oppa, it’s Park MaeLin.” The other girl said. He paused for a moment and looked at MaeLin. “Your name…your name is beautiful. I like it.” He smiled then he wrote it down and signed it. He was smiling while he wrote it down.

            The other two were literally squealing hearing a compliment from him. “Here you go.” TaeMin handed them the papers and pen. “Oppa, thank you.” They bowed to him. “No problem.” He said and went to the other members. As he was walking away he heard the girls talking. “Did you hear that? He complimented my name!” MaeLin said. “Aww…I wish my name was close to yours.” ShiHyeo said. “Anyways…let’s get these things back.” MaeLin said.

            “You’re putting those back? I was thinking of buying them instead and preserve it. TaeMin oppa touched these you know.” ShiHyeo said. “Haha. That could work as well.” MaeLin said as she laughed. The two continued on to look at things. “By the way! Did you hear? There have been rumours that singer Lin would be going back to South Korea.” ShiHyeo said. “Really? She’s been away for a long time. It’s good to hear from her again once in a while.” MaeLin said. Then the girls went farther away.

            TaeMin was at the other side putting back more things and paused for a while. “She’s coming back?” TaeMin thought. “No…it can’t be. It’s just a rumour.” He added then continued to go to the other members. “TaeMin ah.” JongHyun said upon seeing him. “Have you returned those things?” Key said. “De, I have.” He replied and smiled. After buying the things needed they headed back to their dorm to rest for a while before their next schedule.

            TaeMin quickly went to the internet and surfed almost every celebrity gossip sites there can ever be. “TaeMin, what are you doing?” MinHo said as he noticed how eager TaeMin was while searching the sites. “Nothing hyung. Just going through the net.” TaeMin replied. “You call that going through the net? You have 10 tabs open and all of them seem to be gossip sites. What are you looking for?” MinHo then sat beside him. “I’m not looking for anything hyung. I’m just looking at some things.” TaeMin said. “What things?” MinHo said. “You know…those things.” TaeMim said.

            That lasted for over 20 minutes. MinHo eventually got out of his seat and went to the bedroom. “SHINee! It’s time to go.” Their manager called up. The members stopped what they were doing and prepared to go. But then TaeMin stayed at the computer. “Ah, TaeMin ssi. You’re here. Come on.” Their manager dragged him out of his seat. “Wait hyung, just a bit more!” TaeMin said but their manager kept on dragging him. The other members got out of the bedroom and followed the two.

            MinHo was the last to go out of the dorm. When he passed by the computer he saw an article. “Is this the one he was looking for?” he said as he curiously sat down and got hold of the mouse. “What is this?” he said rather surprised.

            “[RUMOUR] Singer Lin would be coming back to South Korea??”

           After almost 3 years of not hearing about the talented Lin some have lost hope of her returning to the Korean music industry. With her success in Japan and her growing fanbase there many have doubted her return as a mission possible.

            But then we have received some news that the singer would be going back to South Korea somewhere this week. There is no confirmation about the issue and we haven’t heard of any recent hints from her. She is busy with her ending promotions in Japan now with her movie and there may be a possibility but we still don’t know. But wouldn’t it be good for her to make a comeback? Lintastics would be delighted to have their favourite singer back.

            “She’s coming back?” MinHo said after reading. “MinHo! Let’s go.” Their manager called out. “Ah, de!” he replied and went outside. They went inside the van and drove off to their schedule. While they were on their way Key’s phone rang. “Ah! It’s AeLin!” he said and answered it. He put it to loud speaker. “Hello?” AeLin said. “AeLin ah!” the SHINee members answered.

            “Oppa! How have you been?” she said. “De, we’re doing fine and you? Are you busy? Good thing you managed to call.” Key said. “De, I’m at home right now. I have schedule later but it’s still hours away so I figured maybe calling you guys while I have time.” AeLin said. “Aww…don’t worry we’re always doing fine AeLin.” Key said. “Good thing you have free time!” JongHyun said. “Yeah I know. It’s rare for me to have free time.” AeLin said.

            “What are you guys doing now?” AeLin added. “We’re on our way to an event right now.” Onew said. “Ah, sorry to bother you. I’ll hang up now. I’ll call next time.” AeLin said. “No, no, it’s okay. We’re still a bit far from where we’re going.” Onew said. “Ah no it’s okay. I’m still bothering you in a way.” AeLin said. “Wait AeLin. Before you hang up TaeMin has something to tell you.” MinHo said. TaeMin looked at him confused. “I don’t have anything to tell her.” He said to MinHo. “I saw that article you were reading.” MinHo said.

            He was surprised. “Here you go.” Key handed him his phone again. “Hello? TaeMin oppa? What do you want to say?” AeLin said. He looked at the phone for a while then looked at the others. “Go on.” MinHo said. “Ah…uhm…AeLin…AeLin ssi.” TaeMin said. The others were a bit surprised. “Hm?” she replied. “Uhm…I just wanted to ask you…well…uhm…” he paused for a moment. “I just wanted to ask you why you’re being this respectful to me now.” TaeMin couldn’t do it. She laughed and answered.

            “Why? Is there something wrong? I thought you wanted me to be respectful towards you.” AeLin answered. “Ah…uh…” TaeMin said. “Anyways, if there’s nothing more I’ll be going now! Stay safe always!!” AeLin said. “Bye AeLin!” they replied and hung up. Moments later they arrive at their event destination and the day went on as usual.

            It was in the middle of the night. All was fast asleep. The streets of Seoul weren’t that quiet but in our favourite group’s dorm it is. After having to do a lot of things that day all of them were bummed out. They were sleeping so soundly that they don’t even move an inch. Key’s phone was under his pillow. He forgot to put it away because he was too tired to move after crashing into his bed when they got back.

         “Ya! Wake up hyung!” JunHo said to Jay while shaking him until he woke up. Jay groaned and looked at him. “5 more minutes Bi sunbae-nim.” He said and went back to sleep. “Aish…hyung please wake up.” JunHo said. “He’s not awake yet?” NichKhun came while buttoning his polo shirt. “He won’t wake up.” JunHo said. “Everyone we’ll be leaving soon.” Their manager said. “Hyung, wake up hyung.” NichKhun went to him. He just groaned again.

            Then TaecYeon came in. “I know how to wake him up.” He smiled and got his hands together and formed James Bond’s signature pose, the gun hand. He then stuck it up to Jay’s bottom what and made him jump out of his bed. “Get dressed hyung.” NichKhun said as the other two went out of the room. Minutes later they were all ready. They went outside their dorm and into their van. “It’s cold.” ChanSung said as he didn’t move from being too cold.

            “Why does her flight have to be in the middle of the night?” JunSu said. “Hyung, you’re a celebrity, you should know why.” Taec said. “I do hope there are only little people at the airport right now.” NichKhun said. “Don’t worry. We could always run right?” WooYoung said. Then they headed to the airport. Hours have passed and back at SHINee’s dorm Onew was up again because he had dreamt of something bad. “What’s happening to me?” he said as he got up and went out of the room.

            He looked at the clock and figured it was 3 in the morning. “Oh man, I can’t sleep now.” Onew said so he decided to go and turn on the TV. He was alone in the living room with the lights off and the TV’s light to illuminate him. He was watching a drama when the commercial came in. “Aish really. It was already going great!” Onew said. He watched the commercial as he waited for the drama to come again.

            “Breaking news! It has been said that 2 hours earlier the singer Lin arrived at the Seoul International Airport. There have been rumours circulating around the town that the singer Lin was getting ready to come back to South Korea after 3 years. The claims have not been proven until earlier this morning. Before her said arrival people spotted 2PM members coming into the airport with their disguises on although some still recognized them. Because of curiosity of the fans who were present and the people who know them some waited until they knew what was happening.

            There have been pictures taken from the airport proving how 2PM was really present in the waiting area. Hours later they have reported the members growing excited and all attention was to who was coming out of the arrival area. Then people took pictures of this girl coming out of the arrival area. She was wearing casual clothes but her face was covered with a mask and she had a hood and hat on. No close-up picture was given to us and only these distant pictures. It was proven to be Lin when some of the members started to call out her name. After her arrival they went to what seemed to be 2PM’s van and drove off.”

            Onew’s mouth wide open not believing what he just saw. He was clearly dazed. “She’s here?” Onew said. Then he started to move and got up.