Chapter 10

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

Chapter 10:

            “What’s the point?” TaeMin replied. “What’s the point? The point is you’re acting like a jerk right now. What happened to the TaeMin who said he’s not giving up and he’s going to wait? Huh?!” MinHo yelled. The other 3 then started to pay attention. They paused and looked at them but left the music playing. TaeMin didn’t reply but just ignored him. “Tell me TaeMin, are you doing the right thing right now? Huh?” MinHo said and kept on persuading him to answer him.

            “MinHo ya! Calm down!” Onew came to him. “TaeMin, if you’re going to give up like that, I’m afrain you’re not even in the position to be here.” MinHo said. “Ya! Stop it!” Onew yelled. “Hyung! It’s been 3 years since we didn’t have any clear communication. When I call her, she’s busy. I can’t text her because she’s out of the country. If only I had the chance to talk to her personally I would! And now that she’s here still there’s nothing. I still can’t find a way to talk to her like before. Enough already and plus she already got Ray.” TaeMin yelled back.

            “TaeMin, don’t be a jerk. Don’t give up. You’re shameful!” MinHo said. “Look who’s talking! You gave up on her as well!” TaeMin yelled. The other members were shocked. “TaeMin ah!” JongHyun said. “TaeMin, don’t yell at your hyung like that.” Onew said. “Hyung you gave up on her as well so tell me why? Why I shouldn’t?” TaeMin said. “TaeMin, I gave up because…I gave up because I know you’re the one for her. You’re the only one who can make her truly happy. That’s why I gave up.” MinHo said. “But now she has someone else to be happy with.” TaeMin said. “Happy? You call that happy?! You would be surprised how AeLin also said the same things to me 3 years ago.” MinHo said.

~Flashback~

            A month has passed after that happening. She didn’t say anything to either SHINee of 2PM about what she was going to be doing. It seemed like her oppa got permission to take AeLin to Japan as well. All that was left was them to pack up and head to Japan. AeLin and SHINee hung out together along with ShinYe. AeLin and TaeMin didn’t have time to talk to each other anymore. On this day AeLin was hanging out at SHINee’s dorm with MinHo as she was free that day.

            AeLin looked worried about something as the two of them watched TV. “What’s wrong AeLin?” MinHo said. “Huh? Uhm, nothing.” She replied. “Ah, okay.” MinHo said. Then there was silence. “A-actually, there’s something bothering me right now.” AeLin started. MinHo smiled. “I knew you can’t resist.” He thought. “What is it about? I’ll listen.” MinHo said. “Uhm, it’s about…it’s about TaeMin, and ShinYe.” She said. “ShinYe?” MinHo said. “De. I know I shouldn’t be feeling this right now since I know they’re just friends and them getting closer is because of me…but I’m getting a little jealous.” AeLin said.

            “Jealous?” MinHo said. “I’m glad that she and he got together again but…I can’t really express what I’m feeling right now.” AeLin said. MinHo was listening. “Ever since she came having a steady communication with TaeMin is nearly a mission impossible. When I want to talk to him ShinYe unnie would come up and squeeze herself to him; when I try to call him the line would always be busy; when I send him a message he won’t reply; I try to talk to him personally, he shoves off and heads to somewhere.” She explained.

            MinHo went closer to her and held her hand. “AeLin, don’t worry. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing going on between those two. TaeMin already told you he liked you. He’ll never betray you AeLin. He’ll wait for you.” MinHo said. “Hm.” AeLin smiled and hugged MinHo. Because of ShinYe accompanying him always even if she called his phone it’ll always be busy. If she sends him a message he’ll be busy with other things.

~End of Flashback~

            “She held on to you TaeMin. She felt the same thing about you.” MinHo said. TaeMin was silent for a moment. “Yeah she did. But look now. She left without even making me explain! She’s a selfish person! She betrayed me, she betrayed us!” TaeMin said. “YA! Don’t talk about her like that! Even though the two of you fight a lot she’ll never do anything as to betray us, nonetheless you! TaeMin, listen to yourself talking right now and get your facts straight.” MinHo said. “Facts? So you know the reason why she left without even telling us about it? Huh? Do you? THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!!”

            “AISH! Guys come on stop this! It’s pointless as well fighting!” Key said and got between them. “We should be happy that AeLin is back and not fighting about it.” JongHyun said. “Sure she got Ray now but MinHo, isn’t is unfair if you try to manipulate what is now?” Key said. “And TaeMin, try to sort things out before blurting them out okay? And never forget to keep your respect to your elders.” He added. “Come on now. Let’s not think about this now and calm down. Let’s go back to practicing.” JongHyun said.

            A week after that incident AeLin and TaeMin finally had time together alone. Both of them were stuck in SHINee’s dorm as they were left by the other members. Onew had his musical, Jjong and Key with their radio show, and MinHo with his drama. Onew and MinHo have become great and successful actors now. Jjong and Key were excelling on the radio field and earned their own radio show. TaeMin was supposed to be a regular in a variety show but he wasn’t going to appear in it until next month.

            They were bored to death. Both of them didn’t argue anymore and since then life has been shaded gray. Both of them were watching a movie. TaeMin was on the floor while AeLin was lying down on the couch. “AeLin.” TaeMin started. She listened. “I’m sorry about yesterday…” he said. “Oh…” he replied. “…it’s okay…” she added. There was silence between them once more. “So…tell me…why?” TaeMin added. “Why what?” she replied. They continued watching the movie. “Why did you leave?” TaeMin said.

            “Hm? Why did I leave? I already told you. My oppa…” AeLin said. “I know that already. But I want to know the truth…I want to know why you really left us…why you left…me?” then AeLin finally got it. She lowered the volume of the TV. “I just felt like it.” She smiled and looked at the ceiling. “What?” TaeMin said. “I just felt like forgetting all about you. That’s the reason I left and said yes to Ray.” AeLin said. “AeLin, don’t joke around. I’m serious.” He said. “I’m serious.” She sat up and looked at him. “You never missed me?” TaeMin said and looked back at her.

            “Missed? To be honest no. I just said I missed you because the others were there.” AeLin said and it was clear that tears started to form in her eyes. TaeMin paused for a while and looked deep into her eyes. “I-I think I made a mistake.” Then he stood up and went to their room. AeLin gave out a big sigh and lied back down. “AeLin ah.” A familiar voice was heard. She sat up back again. “S-SaeKo unnie?” she said as she saw who was in the room with them. “I heard what you said to TaeMin. AeLin ah, why did you say that?” SaeKo said.

            AeLin then tried to not hear what she just said. “You know those words aren’t true.” SaeKo said. “Unnie, did you just come here to give me a sermon?” AeLin said. There was a sudden pause. “Is this the AeLin I took care of?” SaeKo said. “I was here to visit you. I went to your dorm and I found that no one was there so I went to SME to ask where you were. I guess my visit wasn’t quite promising. AeLin, straighten up will you? You’re different from what the AeLin that I’ve promised to see again.” SaeKo said and went to SHINee’s room.

            AeLin then…slowly…sighed and tears started to flow from her eyes. “Unnie ah…I’m sorry…but please…don’t.” she thought. SaeKo knocked on the door. “TaeMin ssi, it’s SaeKo…Kim SaeKo.”she said as she opened the door. She saw TaeMin looking out the open window again. “Noona.” TaeMin said upon seeing her. “TaeMin ah.” She then held her arms out. TaeMin then hugged her. “Aigoo, don’t worry TaeMin. What she said weren’t true.” SaeKo said and comforted him. “I’m really confused.” TaeMin said. Then the two of them sat down his bed and talked.

            “TaeMn…she missed you, and what’s more is that she likes you.” SaeKo said. “Noona. It’s okay. She already said it. She doesn’t love me anymore.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin listen to me! It’s all a lie. She isn’t meaning it. Do you know why we really came to Seoul?” SaeKo said. TaeMin was hesitant, but he listened. “The reason why AeLin is back here in Seoul, in South Korea is because of you TaeMin.” SaeKo started. “She missed you a lot; more than you ever thought.”

~Flashback~

            (Inside the plane minutes before they took off for Japan.)

            “Oppa, I changed my mind. I don’t want to go.” AeLin said and stood up. “AeLin sit down! It’s too late. We’re about to take off.” OkHyun grabbed her and pulled her down. “Oppa.” She said. “Forget about them already. It’s about time you grew up and saw things more clearly.” OkHyun said. “See things clearly? I can clearly see that you have changed a lot oppa. I want to stay here.” AeLin said. “The fact is AeLin, you’re spoiled. Me, SME, JYPE, all of us have spoiled you. You’re not getting any better AeLin. That’s why you’re going to continue on Japan to start over.” OkHyun said.

            “Oppa. I’m telling you I will go back to Seoul.” AeLin just sat down and started to tear up. Soon they arrive at Japan. Days have passed and AeLin was scouted to JE. It turns out that she wasn’t the 1st female talent after all. There was another talent named Eri in the industry. She was there years before AeLin came. For the 1st few months AeLin was feeling lonely and often cried herself to sleep. She would always update on SME and JYPE talents. She would call all SHINee and 2PM non-stop. She couldn’t cope up with the others in JE and was doing badly in work so Megumi called up OkHyun.

            When OkHyun came to know about the situation he came to Japan to check on things. She scolded AeLin. “All you are doing is such a burden to us!” OkHyun yelled. AeLin was sitting there silent. Megumi was watching them feeling pity over AeLin. “This is all for your own good AeLin. All these things we’re doing for you. Can’t you see that?” OkHyun said. “No.” she replied coldly. Then OkHyun couldn’t help but slap her in the face. “OkHyun that’s enough!” Megumi went in and tried to back him away from the girl. “Can’t you see she’s having a hard time here? Rather than scolding her, why not comfort her instead?!” Megumi went to comfort her sister-in-law.