Chapter 14

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

Chapter 14:

            “You’ve grown a lot AeLin.” Nina said and sat down on the floor with her. “That’s what everyone says.” She replied and gave out a laugh. “So, how have you been doing? I’m eager to hear about your stories for the past years.” She added. Then the two of them talked and talked.

            Then they heard a knock on the door. “Wait, I’ll get it.” She said and stood up to open the door. “Ommo. What are you guys doing here?” she said and happily let SHINee in. “We were hoping to get a glimpse of your trainees.” Onew said. “Are you done?” Jjong said. “I’m afraid so. I ended it early. But here’s one of them. She’s a friend of mine.” She said and got Nina. “Unnie ah, this is SHINee. TaeMin, MinHo oppa, Key oppa, JongHyun oppa, and that one is Onew oppa. This is Nina unnie.” She said.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo Nina ssi.” The SHINee members said. Key then looked a bit dazed as she stared at Nina. “Key ah, are you okay?” JongHyun said as he noticed him dazing off. Nina looked at him looking at her. She just smiled and got a bit embarrassed. “So you’re just training here?” Onew said. “Yeah, it turns out to be like that.” AeLin said. “So, how are the girls doing?” Jjong said. “I’m not a good teacher so yeah…I kind of feel sorry for them.” AeLin joked. “It’s not true. Lin sunbae-nim is a great teacher in fact.” Nina said. “Unnie ah, you can call me AeLin.” AeLin replied.

            Key was still looking at her all that time. They had a short conversation along with her when it was time for her to leave. “It was nice meeting all of you. I’ll be going now.” Nina said and bowed to them. Then she left. That was when Key started to move and gave exhaled. “Were you holding your breath?” MinHo said. “Huh? Kind of…” Key replied. “What’s wrong?” Onew said. “That Nina girl...” Key said. “She’s…” then they saw him blush. “Ah! Key hyung is in love!” TaeMin said.

            The others agreed and started to . “No way. She was just another girl.” Key said. “Oh sure. Then those googly eyes you were making earlier were nothing.” JongHyun said. Then Key quickly covered his eyes and stood up. “No they weren’t!” he said. Then they all laughed. After a couple of minutes AeLin then started to rehearse and try not to waste time. She then rehearsed her routine with the SHINee members watching.

            “Such passion.” MinHo said and looked at TaeMin who was beside him. “You know…if you’re really saying you’ve given up, then I won’t agree anymore, but I have to take back what I said.” MinHo said. TaeMin looked at him. “I’m taking back what I said about giving her to you.” He added. “I’ll be taking her TaeMin.” TaeMin was speechless. He hasn’t really given up and now, AeLin knows that. He didn’t know what to reply. He just gave MinHo a smirk. “Let’s see about that then.” He thought. Then the day continued on as they went back to SHINee’s dorm.

            The next day they all gathered to eat breakfast. AeLin was watching TV along with JongHyun while they waited for breakfast to be done. “AeLin ah…” Key approached them. AeLin looked at him feeling a bit anxious about something. She smiled. “What is it?” she said and let him sit beside her. There was a bit of silence after than when he got his phone. “Can you do me a favour?” he said and kept on staring at his phone. She looked at him and kind of got the idea.

            She got his phone and typed in something. “Here you go.” AeLin handed him her phone. “Give her a call or send her a message yourself oppa.” AeLin smiled. Key got surprised as he saw what AeLin ad put into his phone. “You like her right?” AeLin said. “Like her? Sure I do. Why?” Key answered. “No, not as a normal person, but do you ‘like’ like her?” AeLin said. Key just looked at her when YoonDuk came. “AeLin ah, come on. We’ll need to go.” YoonDuk said. “De.” She replied and got up.

            AeLin had a very hectic schedule that day and didn’t come back to the dorm until it was already around 11 in the evening. The SHINee members also had their busy schedule worked out that day but they were back earlier than she was. Her cousin YoSeob served as her driver for the moment YoonDuk isn’t available. “Good night AeLin ah.” YoSeob said. “Good night oppa.” She replied and each gave each other a kiss on the cheek.

            She then got out of the car and went up to SHINee’s dorm. When she got into the dorm she saw Key in the living room busy with his cell phone. “Oppa, what are you doing here? It’s already late at night.” AeLin said. “Huh? Oh, you’re here. It’s already late.” Key said clearly shocked. “Yeah I know it’s late, so what are you doing here still awake?” she questioned him again as she went through her borrowed room and changed clothes. “Uhm. Nothing I was just watching TV.” Key got startled. “Watching TV? There’s a TV inside your room and the TV here isn’t even .” AeLin said as she got out of the room. He was cornered.

            “You were texting her were you?” AeLin went and sat beside him. “Her?” he replied. “You know, her.” AeLin said. “You mean Nina. No.” Key denied. “You’re lying. You’re eyes glisten like that when you lie.” AeLin said. “Oh great.” Key replied and rubbed his eyes. “So, how’s it going?” AeLin cuddled up to him. “Hm, well. We actually met earlier.” Key said. “Huh?! You met? Really? That’s great!” AeLin said. “Yeah, but I ended up knowing that she liked YoSeob hyung.” Key said. “Oppa, I like YoSeob oppa as well but still I like TaeMin more than him. She’s just a fan of him. Don’t worry. There’s a big possibility. With those looks and those cheekbones you won’t lose to anybody.” AeLin said.

            “Ah! You said you like TaeMin more than him!” Key said rather out loud. AeLin then covered shocked. “I said that?” she said and tried to remember what she said. Key did that questionable laugh. “Don’t tell anyone oppa.” She said. “Don’t worry, SaeKo noona told us all about it.” Key said. Then there was a period of silence. “Good luck though oppa. It’s not like you’ll need it…but…just good luck.” She said and stood up. “Last one to get to bed turns off the lights.” She added and ran to her room. “Ya! That’s unfair!” Key jumped out of the couch and turned off the lights.

            As Key went inside his and JongHyun’s room he laid down his bed and was in deep thought. He got out his phone again and looked at a picture he took earlier when Nina and he hung out. He looked at it for quite a long time. “She really looks like…” he thought. “Key ah…” he heard Jjong groan. “De?” he got surprised and replied in confusion. “If you like her go for it ah…” he said. “Is he dreaming?” he said to himself. “No I’m not dreaming.” Jjong said.

            “When I wanted to date SeKyung I had to go through a lot of suitors first before I got her.” “But she already had a crush on you beforehand. She just wanted you to prove your love.” Key replied. “Key ah, if you feel she’s the one then she is. Worried about the fans? I was once as well…but you know…Shawols would always understand. Although there would be bound to have some misunderstandings at first but they’ll understand. They’re the best fandom out there.” Jjong explained. “Hyung…” Key replied.

            “Believe in yourself KiBum, like you always do.” Jjong said. And after that there was silence as it seems like both have fallen asleep. The next day Key woke up a bit late. He got up and went to wash his face. “Hyung woke awfully late today.” MinHo said. “I know. That’s a bit weird for him.” Onew said. Then AeLin went out of the manager’s room. “He just woke up?” AeLin said as she approached the others. “De.” They all replied. Then the 5 of them started to look at what Key was doing.

            He was going here and there, back and forth. “Hyung ah!” TaeMin spoke up. He paused and looked at them. “Uh…why are you looking at me like that?” Key said. “Nothing….nothing…” Onew said. “Hyung ah I’m hungry!!” TaeMin whined. “Ah ya! I’m going to prepare it.” Key said and headed to the kitchen and started. “He’s acting weird.” MinHo said. JongHyun and AeLin were both just smiling. As AeLin saw Jjong she went to him.

            “What happened last night?” she whispered to him. “It seems like he’s pretty interested with this one.” Jjong replied. Then they both giggled. As they had breakfast they talked about what they’ll be doing that day. “SHINee. You’ll be doing a interview and will appear as guests in this show. You’ll probably spend it the whole day because it’s a variety show. After that you’re all done!” YoonDuk said as he went through the papers “So lucky ah…” AeLin said.

            “AeLin ah, it seems like you’ll be staying in JYPE for quite a long time. You’ll be having a guest appearance in this show in the morning and when it ends somewhere around the afternoon you’ll be spending the rest of the day in JYPE.” YoonDuk said. She did a big sigh. “Until what time oppa?” she said. “You’ll be recording a couple of songs for that drama that Onew ssi is starring in. I guess it’ll take you more than your usual rehearsal time because you’ll have vocal exercises first and learn the lyrics. I guess it’ll end around…early the next morning?” YoonDuk replied.

            “She’ll be in there that late?” MinHo said. “Aw…AeLin ah…” Onew added. “For Onew oppa I’ll do my best.” She said. “Well, if she’s going to be there the whole night someone should be with you.” JongHyun said. “Eh? It’s fine, I’ll be okay. YoSeob oppa is going with me.” She said. “You’ve been hanging a lot with YoSeob hyung lately.” TaeMin said. “Well we just want to spend more time together having to realize that we were cousins.” AeLin replied. “TaeMin is getting jealous.” MinHo smiled and looked at him.

            “Hyung ah! No way!” TaeMin said. “But then in case. I’ll go with you.” Key said. “Oppa. It’s no big deal really.” AeLin said. “No, I insist.” Key said. “I’ll go with you as well.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin, you’ll be having a recording early morning tomorrow.” Key said. So then there was no choice but to choose Key to be with her. Soon the day ended and they went to SHINee’s dorm and rested. “After dinner we’ll be going to JYPE.” YoonDuk said. Key and AeLin were now in the van on their way to JYPE. Key was in deep thought. “Take a deep breath oppa. The building is still far away.” AeLin held his hand. Key looked at her and said. “I raised you well AeLin.” Key said.