Chapter 1

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

Chapter 1:

            Another 2 years have passed since AeLin went to Japan. Pretty much everything went back to normal with South Korea and its entertainment scene. Of course new groups have been produced by all entertainment companies. Despite her being inactive in South Korea she was still under SM Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. Everything was back to normal…including SHINee. 2 years ago AeLin wrote a letter, she wrote a letter ending it all for her and TaeMin. There was nothing more and that pretty much helped him move on a bit faster.

            SHINee was in their rehearsal room practicing their dance routine for their new album. It was a Monday and their comeback was due Thursday at MCountdwon. Even though they have gotten older they still have their charms and still have a lot of fans and counting! SHINee became successful worldwide and they have been going to US countries for concerts. Following the footsteps of their sunbaes they rose to stardom and earned a spot in history. They danced for over 3 hours and went outside to buy some drinks. When they got back they the TV which was stuck to the wall.

            “Another day to be busy!!” JongHyun said and sat on the floor. “Agh! I’m so exhausted!!” Key said and lay down. The other 3 followed and sat on the floor as well. “Whoo!” TaeMin said. “Oh look! We’re on TV!” Onew said. “Hyung, we’re always in TV.” MinHo said. “Wait! Look! It’s AeLin!” Onew said. All attention went to the TV. “It’s not just us hyung.” JongHyun said.

            “SHINee is a caring group which shows love to both fans and each other. Although in some occasions they show some rivalry, it’s only friendly rivalry. Ever since debut they have guided fans who aspire to become singers as well. Even their sunbaes become fans of them. One notable product of SHINee is Lin.

            Lin, now 24, moved to Japan 3 years ago. Ever since departure news regarding her has been scarce. She announced hiatus 3 years ago leaving the fans on hold and in despair. Because of her schedule in Japan she was unable to keep up with her schedule in South Korea. After 3 years away from South Korea we have some sizzling news from Japan regarding her.

            Businessman and reported to be Lin’s childhood friend Ray Tan (22) has been reported to be having a relationship with the singer and now rookie actress 5 months ago. There wasn’t any confirmation to that issue before since Lin’s Japanese label company Johnny’s Entertainment has reported it as groundless rumours. And speaking of rumours the highlight of the news is that Lin is going to come back to South Korea anytime this month or year. There have been hints from her label company in Japan when all of a sudden her activities were to a pause.

            As for the Lintastics who have been waiting for her for all these years maybe your loyal waiting will all be paid off.” – N News

            “Ommo.” JongHyun said. They were all shocked to hear the news. Before, AeLin used to call them every day. Because of her tightening schedule her calling time gradually decreased to once a week to once a month. For the last 6 months she didn’t call any of them because of a movie she was filming. “WHAAAT?!!” Key was enraged. “Key ah!” JongHyun said. “We didn’t know she was rumoured with that guy!!” Key added. “Calm down hyung.” MinHo said. “Let’s call her. Let’s call her right -” then his phone rang. “Hello?” he said not recognizing the number calling.

            “Hello?” a familiar voice replied from the other line. “Who is this?” Key said and gave a puzzled look to the others. “Who is it?” JongHyun said. “I don’t know.” Key replied. “Guess who.” The other line said. “I don’t know. We’re in the middle of rehearsals so pls. if you’re a fan understand us. We’re working hard to please you guys.” Key said in a cheerful tone. “Oppa, you don’t remember me?” the other line said. “Was I supposed to?” Key said. “Okay…it’s my entire fault. Sorry oppa.” The other line said. “Sorry? For what?” Key said. “For not calling you guys after a long time.” The other line said.

            “Not calling us for a long time?” Key said. Upon saying that the other members paid more attention. “What? Could it be?” JongHyun said. “Ah. Oppa, I need to go. I’ll call you later!” the other line said then hung up. “Ah! Wait!” but it was too late. The other line already hung up. “Could it be?” JongHyun said. “Who?” Onew replied. “AeLin! Right? It could be her!” JongHyun answered. “Tch. No way hyung.”

            TaeMin said whose expression got a bit pissed off. “Why not? It could be her you know.” MinHo said. “And it could be a fan as well. Come on hyungs. She’s forgotten about us.” He said and stood up. “TaeMin ah. You know she didn’t forget us. Stop saying such words.” Onew said.

            “Whatever.”TaeMin whispered. “What’s wrong with him?” Onew said. After that they continued rehearsals. The next day SHINee was called to the head office. YiBum, their manager for over 7 years, was also invited in. “Annyeong hasaeyo.” They all greeted. “Take a seat.” Then they all found seats. “Why did you call us here?” Key said. “I have something to announce.” The new CEO said. SM resigned from position 2 years ago and a new CEO was elected.

             “What is it?” Onew said. “There will be someone to replace your manager. You will be getting a new manager effective this Wednesday.” The new CEO Kim JeungKuk said. “Ah? What? Why? Hyung!” JongHyun said. YiBum just looked at them and smiled. “It’ll be okay SHINee. It’s about time you have a new and fresh manager.” YiBum said. “Hyung.” They all said. “I guess that’ll be all. Your new manager would be going to your dorm first thing in the morning. You can go now.” Kim JeungKuk said.

            The 6 went out of the room and went to the nearest rehearsal room. “Hyung…why?” TaeMin said. “Ahh…TaeMin ah…don’t worry. I’m getting old anyways. It’s time for me to rest.” YiBum said. “We understand.” Key said. “Key hyung is right TaeMin.” MinHo said. “I’m glad you understand MinHo. And I hope you will too TaeMin.” YiBum said and had his hand over his shoulder.

            “We’ll miss you hyung!” JongHyun said and hugged him. The others followed. “Aww…my kids. I’ll miss you too. I’ll never forget you guys. I’ll always call to check up at least.” YiBum said. “Ahh…no need hyung. Don’t worry about us.” Onew said. “Aww…you guys really.” YiBum said and gave them a hug again. “Let’s head back to the dorm.” He added. “Hyung, we have rehearsals today.” Onew said. “Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Well uhm…I’ll go ahead to the dorm then I’ll be back.” YiBum said.

            “Oh…okay hyung.” Key said. “Take care SHINee!” YiBum said as he waved goodbye to his boys. “Take care hyung!” SHINee replied and got dressed up for rehearsals. “I do not believe what’s happening.” Key said. “Why did this come up now?” MinHo said. “Guys…actually I know.” Onew said. “What? Why was it?” JongHyun said. “Actually I just overheard this when YiBum hyung was talking on the phone.” Onew said.

~Flashback~

            It was in the 3 am. in the morning when Onew somehow woke up. He couldn’t sleep so he went out to drink some water. When he was about to open the door he heard someone talking so he paused and listened. It was YiBum next door (The dorm had an extra room for their manager and the walls were thin so they can hear conversations from the other room at times.) talking on the phone. “De, I’m writing my resignation letter now. I’ll give it to JeungKuk PD-nim somewhere next week.” YiBum said.

            “Resignation letter? What’s this about?”Onew thought puzzled. “Don’t worry about SHINee. They’ll be fine without me. I’ve raised them well. It’s time I let them go.” YiBum added. Onew was still listening to what he was saying. “When are you coming back anyways?” YiBum said. “Next month? Really? SHINee will be having their comeback next month.” YiBum said. “Well…I guess that’s it. I’ll call you again if I have time. I love you.” YiBum said and put down the phone.

            Onew was in disbelief. “Why? What is this?” he thought. Then he heard YiBum’s door open and close. He was going to their room. Onew quickly dashed to his bed and pretended to sleep. YiBum opened the door and took a good look at the SHINee members who were sleeping. “*sigh* I’m sorry SHINee. I love you guys very much. Please understand what I’m going to do.” He said then after a while he closed the door.

~End of Flashback~

            “I think what he wants to do now is getting married and live a simple life. I mean…he said I love you right? Maybe it was his girlfriend.” Onew said. “I guess you’re right. He can still marry and be our manager but maybe having showbiz as part of his work would limit his time with his family.” JongHyun said. “Wow JongHyun, you have some words there.” Onew said. They just laughed and continued with practice.

            The next day was the day when they said their last farewells to YiBum. “Hyung, always take care.” Key said with that sad-but-trying-to-be-happy-for-his-sake expression. “Hyung, we’ll never EVER forget you.” JongHyun said while wiping of some of his tears. “You guys take care always okay?” YiBum said who was also teary eyed hugging each and every one of the SHINee members. “Hyung…” was all TaeMin can say to YiBum as he cried in his arms.

            YiBum really made an impact to TaeMin. Before when he was really thin, YiBum would always make TaeMin eat more and exercise more despite him not wanting to. YiBum was the reason for TaeMin’s manly image and body now. He was also the one who accompanied TaeMin through his hard times at school and schedules, especially the first few months after AeLin left. Even though he said he was okay he was hurting inside. YiBum knew this because like him SaeKo also was away from him and tried to explain how that can be a test for his feelings towards AeLin.