Chapter 8 - Chamomile Tea

Just Do It

6 years ago, on the bench across the playground...

"Sup, boy!" A girl with ponytail and bang on her forehead beamed at Luhan. Her pinkish cheek showed everyone how cheerful and cheeky herself. For a seventeen-year-old girl, she already had tall and slender body. Maybe that's why almost all of the boys in her school paid their attention at her. She wasn't the school's queen neither the smart- one. She was just simply a humble cheery girl with innocent mind.
"Oh, hi!" Luhan's eyes still nailed at his thick mystery novel, tho he managed to greet her back.
"Luhannie! I thought you wanna tell me something." The girl finally sat beside Luhan and peeked a little into his novel.
Luhan took off his glasses then stared at his book for a while. He inhaled and exhaled deeply. Because, whether he wanted it or not, he must tell this girl. All of Luhan's words stuck on his throat. They had a pretty hard time to be spoken out. Luhan swallowed his saliva before turning his head to the right.
"Umm, promise that you won't be mad at me. Please?"
"Wae geurae? Why should I be mad when you even haven't told me anything?" The girl pouted.
Luhan offered her his pinky finger, "promise?"
The girl hesitated for a while until she looked at Luhan's sincere smile. She never could say no and she never ever could avoid Luhan's intense stare.
"Tell me.....!" She pouted again. But this time with an aegyo look upon her wide brown eyes.
"Okay," he paused, "I am... going back to China. Just for a while." Quickly Luhan let out the words which he has been holding back for over a week. He closed his eyes, waiting for a response from the girl.
Strangely all Luhan got was silence. Luhan was ready to accept any kind of responses; hitting, kicking, yelling, crying, just anything but silence. It was even pretty hard to swallowed his saliva without being heard.
"For how long?" The girl finally said in hoarse.
"A year maybe. I'm still not sure, tho. I guess, I'll finish my study there." Luhan couldn't bear to see the girl's teary eyes. It hurt him too to ever leave the girl behind. In deepest heart of him, she wasn't just a friend he can count on, she was indeed the first girl who could melt down his cold attitude.
"Why didn't you tell me this earlier? When will you go?" A sound of disappointment and worry was toning in her voice.
"Tomorrow with midnight flight." Feverishly Luhan avoided her eyes. He knew that he already hurt the girl that much.
"You're a meanie," The girl started sobbing. She cupped all of her face with her tiny little hands while Luhan just froze beside her, a mix of thoughts were scattering inside his mind. Never in his life he made a girl cry.
"I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry." Luhan still scanned through her face, pain all over his body.

It was a windy spring along the street which made Luhan's shoulder slightly shivered. "I'm so sorry." Finally he managed to hug her. He put her head on his chest and warmed her body by giving her an alternate caress on her back. A tear fell down on Luhan's cheek, making him hug the girl even tighter.
"How could I be without you?" The girl sobbed inside Luhan's solid arms.
"Ssshh," Luhan kissed the girl's head, breathing the scent of apricot shampoo. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." He her hair, giving her such warm words.
"I'll be waiting, Lu" She said as she circled her arms around Luhan's body.




***


Moon Nami

Two boys with shaggy hair and fancy shirts were taking a stroll across the street. They looked high as if just got out from a club. My eyes kept leering at them, observing them. Kyungsoo seemed fine with our surroundings, he kept his steps normal but his breath heavier. I didn't dare myself to ask whether he's fine or not to walk me home like this. Because last time I asked, he only let out a sigh then pulled me tighter onto his back.
"Kyungsoo..." I rested my head onto his shoulder, whispering his name under my breath.

The sound of crappy stairs being stepped by Kyungsoo has made me tighten up my grip on him. I almost fell asleep on his shoulder if there wasn't a car honk along the street. "Let me down!" I asked.



Author

He carefully lowered down her body so Nami could easily got off of his back. Kyungsoo hit his waist after carrying Nami for an hour. He regret nothing though, since he finally got the chance to be closer with her.
"Are you okay?" Nami laid her side arm to the wall to proper her body while Kyungsoo straighten up his back.
Kyungsoo nodded, "I'm okay." he said as he made an 'ok' with his fingers. "It's already late. I'm going."
"W-wait! Do you wanna come in? Well, I have chamomile tea and pain-reliever, if you want some."
As the air became colder, Kyungsoo hesitated a bit. However, he eventually said yes then followed Nami to her apartment room.

The hall was pretty quiet since it was nearly mid-night. Nami and Kyungsoo took the crappy old elevator to the fourth floor. Elevator never made Nami's life easier. Instead, she felt a bit burdensome to take it. If it wasn't necessary to use the elevator, Nami would be so happy to take stairs.
Kyungsoo let out a slight chuckle seeing her facial expression which was in dead fear. "The elevator won't suddenly collapse or anything."
"Geez. You're not allowed to tease me. I hate elevator." As if on cue, the elevator's door finally opened.

A tall figure with tousled hair and nerdy glasses stood straight in front of the elevator.

"Oppa?" Nami managed to greet him as she stepped out.
The guy who was staring blankly to the floor were startled by Nami's sudden voice. "Oh, a-annyeong?"  Luhan suddenly noticed that it was pretty late and Nami supposed to be in her room from hours ago. Moreover, there was a guy grabbing her arms.
Who the hell he is?
"It's pretty late, Nami. you supposed to be in your room hours ago." Luhan dictated her as if she was an elemantary-schooler who didn't do her homework.
"Tsk. I was just going back from my work and I tripped down." Annoyed, Nami still had to answer him as she pointed out her injured.
Luhan got panic a bit as he scanned Nami's injured leg. He then figured out that the other guy who stood between them was only helping her out. "Anyway, your mother called, but I told her that you already asleep. Thank me later." Luhan easily said, attempting to sound as calm as posibble. Quickly he entered the elevator before its door closed.
"Tsch, Annoying." Nami muttered under her breath.

Kyungsoo who was standing absent-mindedly tried to sum their whole conversation. "Is he you brother?" He asked.
"No!" Nami exclaimed.

At the end of the day, both of them finally arrived at Nami's room. Hastily Nami aimed to her kitchen to get some chamomile tea.
"You can sit there, Kyungsoo. It's practically the most comfortable couch in the house." Nami pointed her cushy sofa on the living room.
Kyungsoo nodded as his eyes scanned the room. He plopped down his body to the cushy sofa, feel its soft suede.

 

The night ended up well spent for both Kyungsoo and Nami. The after-hours talk, mind the meaningless topic but Nami did enjoy talking with Kyungsoo. He's somewhat a guy with confidence, despite his silly shy-smile.
As the chamomile tea has came to the last sip, Kyungsoo bid his goodbye. "It already passed mid-night. I really need to go home."
"God, sorry. You have to go back this late."
"It's okay. My house is actually only a couple blocks away. Thank you for the pain reliever and the tea." Kyungsoo took his jacket from the hanger then bowed. "I'm going, bye."
Nami waved back, escorting him to her front door, "bye."


***

 

 

People have been passing one by one, enjoying the summer’s sunlight. Girls were wearing their summer dress and fancy hats while the boys giggling at each other as the sun caressed their skin. Summer is one of Nami’s favourite weather, to be honest. In spite of the hot air and sweaty skins, she enjoys it the most. Hence she never grumbled around about the weather, unlike his best pal, Sehun.

It already the third time Sehun ordered a large glass of cola, the hot weather was starting to bother him. Nami who was so busy at taking orders from the other visitors were not really paying attention to his best friend which only made Sehun pouted more. That was the chance for insisting himself to keep Nami accompany.
Nami put another large of Cola on the table, “Here’s your fourth glass, sir!” she said with an annoyed tone in her voice.
“Thanks,” Sehun gulped half of it already as Nami took a seat beside him.
“Are you really not going anywhere? Practice maybe? You’ve been here for three hours.” She asked him as she fixed her ponytail.
“I’ll have my practice later. I need to observe your job first. It’s your first time, who knows what will happen later. If I’m already satisfied with your work and my worries is gone, I promise I’m gonna leave.” Sehun explained his whole reason for waiting on Nami in her first day. Well, that wasn’t all. He actually had one more reason, but he’d never tell Nami whereas he was pretty sure she’d yell in happiness.
“That’s unfair! Sehun, you’re not my boss! Even Lay doesn’t monitoring me like you do!”  Nami nagged. She never had the thought of this annoying side of Sehun. Now, she really pissed off. “Fine. Do whatever you like! And don’t ask me to take your orders.” By that, Nami disappeared in a flash, leaving Sehun giggle like a moron.

 

Sehun’s phone were buzzing a lot, noticing him to pick up the important call.
“Yep?” he quickly answered.
“Where the hell are you?” the caller directly asked.
“Oh, Suho hyung! I thought today is a… uhm…” Sehun tried to find a logic reason to shrug off the question, “…practice-free day? Isn’t it?”
“Oh… yes, you’re right. I actually call you because; it’s pretty hectic in the dorm. Everyone seems to be out of their mind. We need to go out soon, feeling a fresh air or anything. My head is going to be exploded soon.” Suho’s voice was a bit daze. It was pretty noisy too on the phone, Sehun even could hear lots of laughter from the other members. It must be pretty congested in the dorm.
“Are you sure you’re gonna take the boys out? (a/n: lol, SNSD anyone? Bring the boys out? :p)”  
“Yes, for sho! Come on, don’t hang up on me like you always do! I need to get off from these boys. Dorm is gonna turn like playground if you don’t help me, Sehun-ah!” Suho begged him on the phone. He actually would never pout or beg to his dongsaeng as Sehun took this chance to .
“Okay then, hyung! Why don’t you come to Kyungsoo’s hyung café? It’s pretty quiet here. And you got the chance to taste a large glass of Cola too! It’s buy one get one free promo today. I’ll be waiting hyung!” Click. Sehun hung up on him. His eyes glanced to the girl on cashier counter who was counting the change for a costumer. "Gotcha!"

**

Five noisy boys were out for their summer trip. Suho and Kyungsoo were the guide and the left-three only followed the lead. Just like usually, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were busy playing around, their white tee already wet with sweats. But all they care was getting the fresh summer air, for spending weeks inside the dorm was pretty boring. While sitting in the bus, Baekhyun nudged Chenyeol who was enjoying the view from bus’ window. “I guess your idea is working smoothly success.”
“Yeah, I don’t know that Suho hyung will easily fell into our trap, kekekeke.” Chanyeol giggled then high-five his partner in crime.
“What did you two talk about?”Jongin thrived to eavesdrop his hyungs conversation. “What did you guys plan?”
“Pfft, you were so busy playing the computer for you didn’t even enjoy our fun. But, thanks for laughing so hard while you were watching the movies. At least, you’ve helped us to get Suho hyung irritated.” said Baekhyun.
“So that’s why he takes us out. I bet Kyungsoo hyung didn’t join the plan either.” Jongin rested his back on the bus’ seat, putting on his headset.
“You know you can’t make him to fool our leader. He’s somewhat determined.” Chanyeol replied him but he already shut his eyes off and so did Baekhyun. “Guys, please?”

 

**

 

The café’s bell rang and the five guys happily entered the café. Jongin was observing the people inside while finding the perfect place to seat. Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed suit but they already found Sehun by the window, sipping his fifth glass of Cola. “Dang, he drank a lot!” Baekhyun yelped.
Kyungsoo who was asking his leader what to order noticed Nami behind the counter. She was applying whipped cream on a big cup of latte. “Hyung, I’m gonna order first.” He then quickly aimed to the counter. “Two large macchiato, please?”
“Right away, sir!” Nami answered, still unnoticed about Kyungsoo’s presence.
“First day, eh?” he chuckled. Kyungsoo couldn’t hide his gaiety.
Immediately Nami lifted up her head then found a quirky smile upon Kyungsoo’s face.
“Oh, hi!” she greet while reddish blush flushed on her cheek. If Eunjoo wasn’t nudged her elbow to remind her about the two large macchiato, Nami might end up enjoying Kyungsoo’s face for the next couple of hours. “Here’s the macchiato. They’re 5000₩.”
“Thanks,” Kyungsoo smiled fairly. “Anyway, when will your shift end?”
Nami checked on her watch, “oh! It already ended five minutes ago.” She chuckled, laughing at her own silly mistake.
“Cool! Join us then!” Kyungsoo pointed the other members’ table. Four of them were gladly waving at her while Sehun only shrugged off.
“Right after I exchange my shift. You go first.” Nami waved back at them then removed her apron.

 

“Buy one get one?!” Nami exclaimed at the six guys, eyes popping out. “Sehun-ah! I haven’t even got my first paycheck. There’s nothing about buy one get one in here. Aigoo…”  Nami’s whined to Sehun’s unexpected offer to Suho. They already bought 2 glasses of Cola for each other, not including Kyungsoo and Suho who chose to buy macchiato.
“Hey, I was just… exaggerating things a bit.” Sehun said in defence.
“You go pay their Colas.” Nami shrugged off.
“Not a chance.” He replied.
“Ya!” Nami yelped, fingers pinching Sehun’s arm.
He whined as he pulled in his arm. “Okaaay! I’ll pay.”
“Yeeeaaayyy!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol yelled in unison. They didn’t feel any guilty either for buying two large of Cola but not prepared enough money.
“Jongin, you pay too!” Sehun still didn’t want to yield. His money was going to be robbed if he paid all of the colas.
“I’m paying, you silly.” He answered him in short as he gulped the last half of his cola.

The sun gradually went off and the sky turned into shade of blue. People were still passing by the street, noticing that night-time will come soon. Nami has promised her mom on the phone that she won’t come home late today, so she bid the guys goodbye soon as her watch denoted 5pm.
“Can we come to your house?” Baekhyun bluntly asked, followed by Suho’s popped eyes.
“Ya! Who are you asking her that!” Suho said as he kicked Baekhyun’s foot under the table.
“Hahaha. I guess, my apartment won’t fit six of you. It’s actually pretty small. But, you can come anytime you want.”
 “I’m asking her because we are in need of sweet-puffy snacks. What is that name? Macaroon?”
“I see you guys become addictive.” She chuckled. “Okay, I’ll make some.” Nami grabbed her sling-bag and slung it over her shoulder. “I’ll see you guys later, annyeong!”
Six of them waved  at her in unison, wide smile drawn upon their faces.

“Ya! Hyung, have you asked her number?” Sehun elbowed Kyungsoo whose his eyes were following Nami’s figure.
“Tsch,” Kyungsoo scoffed.
“Hyung! You pabo! I thought today you’d ask her number.” Jongin joined the fun in teasing his hyung.
“What are you guys exactly up for?” Kyungsoo irritated with the sudden curiosity of his dongsaengs.
“N-no, nothing. It’s just best to ask her number on your own.” Jongin laid back to his chair, legs crossed.
“I’m just going to ask later.” There was an uneasy feeling inside Kyungsoo’s chest. He indeed wanted to know her number. Texting will be fine, right? But he obviously wouldn’t ask her number to Sehun. It’ll lower down his reputation as a hyung.
“I already had her number.” Suho who was eavesdropping their conversation suddenly made a bold statement.
“Whose number?” Chanyeol asked, dumbfounded.
“Nami, of course.” Suho slightly smirked, teasing Kyungsoo.
“Omo! Daebak!” Sehun, again, exaggerated things, he high-five his leader hyung.
“Tell me hyung!” Chanyeol took out his phone, ready to type down Nami’s number.
“Let me give you in the dorm. Now, let’s get going before manager hyung looks for us.” Suho stood up as he exchanged stare with Sehun and Jongin. His plan indeed worked. Since, Kyungsoo’s face was full of pique.

Did I really miss my chance? Is Suho hyung up for her too? No, no! He’s not that type of guy to take his donngsaeng’s crush. Wait! But he didn’t know that I like her.
Geez, why are these things so frustrating!
I’m gonna ask her number soon.
Suho hyung, I won’t give you a chance!
Hwaiting!

 

 


A/N: FINALLY FINALLY. Sorry for taking too long. :D the Mr. Mysterious Luhan is back in the place. Thx for the comments and subs. Love you all <3