Chapter 6 - Caramel Tea

Just Do It

What the ?

Nami feverishly walked to the front door, curious about what did happen. She put her ears onto the door then tried to hear something unusual from outside. Her cheeks felt cold for gluing them onto her wooden door. Crack. She heard another voices. It sounded like a breaking -platform-. She unlocked her door slowly. Once she exited her room, she found Luhan's stuffs were all outside; his laptops, boxes of papers, and clothes. "Luhan-ssi?" Nami managed to strode closer to Luhan's apartment door. Tip-toed, she gradually peeked into his apartment which its door was widely hung open.
The first thing Nami found was scattered papers on the floor, she also found Luhan's slipper which meant he's at home.
"oppa, what the heck did just happen?" Nami shouted to see if Luhan was anywhere in the room. Hastily Nami stepped into Luhan's small living room.
"OMO" Nami gasped. The view in front of her was startling, Luhan's apartment room was broke and crashed.
"Oh! Nami." Luhan suddenly appeared betweens flakes and wall fragments. He scratched the back of his head even it wasn't itchy. His white wife beater was tousled and dirty with sweats.
"What did happen?" Nami's eyes nailed at the holes on Luhan's roof, disbelief in what she saw.
"I don't know either. When I was doing my work, there was a noisy voices from there..." He pointed his roof, "...then it suddenly crashed down." He said then shrugged.
"Oh, that's... Weird?" Nami said, hesitant if she has understood Luhan's explanation.
"I suppose so." Luhan took his broom then started sweeping the dirts.
"Let me help you," Nami scoot to her room to find another broom.


Unless Nami had a better and taller broom, she mustn't have to feel pain on her back. Her hands kept hitting her back, wanting to relieve the pain. "Here," Luhan threw a pain-reliever onto the table. Nami took it and place it on her back. "Thanks." She muttered.
Luhan heaved a sigh looking at his roof's hole. He wanted to fix it but he had no equipments and tools. Moreover, he supposedly has finished his deadline work for tomorrow. Now, he could never finish it by the morning with his apartment crashed. Luhan opened his laptop, decided to focus on its desktop. Five minutes have passed but all he could do was typing a sentence which he already re-typed more than 10 times. "AISH!" He yelped. "What do I do now?" He murmured in pain. His head wandered around his messy apartment then found Nami who was still tidying his living room.
"Nami, what are you doing?"
"Tidying up your... room?" She seemed unsure with her own answer.
"Thanks but it's ok. You can go back to your room." Luhan said as he pointed the front door with his head.
"Okay." Nami shrugged then walked out of Luhan's small living room.


***

"That guy is......AAAArgh!!!" Nami yelped out as she threw herself onto the couch. She had this anger towards Luhan for making her feel like an useless person in his room. Or maybe even worse, she looked like some kind of a maid who was tidying his master's room. (A/N: lol Xp) "I only tried to help him, can't he show any gratitude? Such rude."
Nami stretched out her body, trying to ease the pain on her back and shoulder. "I guess I still have an apple pie." She murmured under her breath then quickly aimed to the refrigerator.
A smell of brewed caramel tea was all over her room. Its sweet-enchanting smell could captivate almost everyone's nose. The light browned tea was being poured into a tiny peach-colored cup then she mixed it with a spoonful of milk. Nami smiled in fondness looking at her favorite drink.
Nami pulled out a chair on her dining table then started enjoying her late dinner; caramel tea and apple pie. "Hmmm," she hummed before took a spoonful of the pie. She chewed her first bribe. Its crunchy top of the pie gradually crumbled inside , letting her taste the apple filling. "Yum!" With a spoon, Nami tried to scrape the apple filling inside the pie. She chewed another apple inside , the sweet scent of the apple mixed up with a little sour taste from the filling.
Betweens her lovely-yet alone-dinner, someone knocked her door. "Aish!" She feverishly pulled aback her chair and took a giant step to her front door, making such hard-thumping sound. She unlocked her wooden door, "yes?"
Startled by the view in front of her, Nami only let out a gasp.
"Nami, can I use your internet?" Apparently, it was Luhan who knocked her door.
"Ah....yea, come in." Hesitantly, Nami let Luhan walk in.
"I'll be connecting the wifi first. You can sit on the dining table because the connection is faster there.
"Kay," swiftly Luhan aimed to the dining table then took a seat right across Nami's dinner meals. "Are you having a dinner?" Luhan said with a hesitate tone on his voice.
"Yes. Do you want some?" Nami who just her wifi connection, aimed back to her seat. Peculiar sense suddenly built up around them as Nami sat on her chair. Her eyes looking straight to Luhan's face. They kept on staring at each other for a minute until the peculiar sense melt down.
"No, thanks. I'm...just...wait, is it a smell of caramel?" Luhan sniffed the air.
"It's a caramel tea." Nami said as she cut in two her apple pie.
"Oh," Luhan's mouth formed an O.
Nami didn't want to make Luhan a tea at first. But as she looked on his facial expression, Nami was pretty sure Luhan would like some drinks.

Fifteen minutes have passed and Nami already finished her apple pie. Slowly, she strode to her kitchen table, didn't want make any sound to disturb Luhan. He seemed so focus on his laptop. He hadn't been stop clicking and typing. Nami opened op her drawers and pick out another caramel tea bag. She brewed it the put on a spoonful of sugar into it. Then, she aimed to her refrigerator, took out a fresh milk from it. She served both the caramel tea and milk onto the table before she poked Luhan's shoulder. "Oppa, here's a caramel tea. Maybe it can relieve your wrinkled-forehead."
"Thanks." Luhan's eyes still nailed on his laptop.
"Whatever," Nami mumbled under her breath, hiding her annoyed feeling.
Luhan eventually managed to slightly look at what Nami has served. He took his cup and smelled the scent before drinking it. "Nami-ya, why'd you serve me a milk?" Luhan's asked in astonishment.
"You can drink the caramel tea with the milk if you want. It'll taste better and more reviving. Well, at least, for me." Nami told Luhan as she cleaned up her couch, ready to enjoy the television.
"Alright, thanks." Luhan shrugged, captivated by Nami's explanation. Maybe she's really into tea, he thought.


***


Nami stretched out her arms then yawned. It has been two-boring-hours, and she couldn't seem to find any good tv program. "Hooaahm," she yawned for the third time. Realizing that Luhan was still there, Nami asked him if he wanted to stay for a night since his apartment's roof was broken. "Do you want to stay a night?" But Nami suddenly felt that her question was a little awkward, "..eh, I mean, you can use the internet connection as long as you want. I'm exhausted, I'm gonna sleep first."
"Oh, thank you but it's just a few left. I'm gonna head to my room in just minutes." Luhan quickly answered then typed faster.
"Alright then," Nami threw her body back to her couch, waiting for Luhan to finish his work. She yawned, again.
Apparently, Luhan has not finished his works for the next couple hours. The clocked directly told Luhan that it was already passed midnight. "Aish, finally..." He sighed heavily. He was about to take another sip of his caramel tea but he already drank all of it. "Nami," he turned his head to Nami's living room, wanting to find her on the couch.
"I guess, she's sleeping." Luhan murmured to himself. On the couch, she found a little girl who was sleep in peaceful expression which made him feel a lot guilty to ever let her stayed up late. His eyes wandered around Nami's apartment room, trying to find a duvet.
Nami curled up her body which made her knees met her face. It looked like she was feeling cold. That made Luhan's guilt even worse.
"Ah, there" by the corner of Nami's living room, there was a pile of clean laundry. Luhan took a duvet between the pile to cover Nami's petite body.
"There you go. Thanks a lot." Luhan mouthed his gratitude as he pulled the duvet until Nami's shoulder.




***



*Buzzed. Rang. Buzzed. Rang. Buzzed. Rang.*

"Aaaah!" Nami pulled in again her duvet to cover her ears. Her phone has been buzzing a lot but she kept clicking the 'snooze' button.

*buzzed* *rang*

"Arasseo arasseo!!! I'm waking up!!" Nami yelped out, shouting to her phone which was obviously still hadn't stopped bugging her. She lazily walked to her bathroom, ready to take the shower. "Oh!" She gasped. "Luhan?" Her minds wandered to the last night. Quickly, she aimed to her dining table. But, she didn't find him. "Where is he?" Nami suddenly remembered that she fell asleep for waiting Luhan too long to finish his work last night.
Just as if on cue, Nami's phone rang, noticing her that there was a new text message.




From: Luhan


Annyeong! Good Morning! ^^
sorry for making you stayed up late last night.
Thank you. Really.
Have a great day :)



Nami smiled between her flushing red cheeks. Never in her life, she knew that Luhan oppa has this cute side of him.
"What a cute," she muttered under her breath.

 

***

 

(A/N) Sorry for the short chapter. I've already typed another paragraphs but suddenly it DISAPPEARED.

like disappear, WHAMP theyre GONE. and i dont feel like to re-type it again. Jeongmal miahnada.......... :(

I'll update SOON. I PROMISE.