Chapter 5 - Macaroons and Lemon Tea

Just Do It

Moon Nami

I startled with the view in front of me. How could Kyungsoo meet me at my ugliest look; a teary eyed and red nose? Ah never mind him, I could only wish that he wasn't going to notice it. I wrinkled my nose and maintained a stare at his awkward expression, assuming that he surprised to find me here too. His hair wasn't being combed back, instead he let its fringe on his forehead. To me, he looked cuter with a normal hairstyle. Besides, his hairstyle brought him to such warm and lovely smile.

Wait, did I just say lovely?

As another people tried to find another seat for themselves, Kyungsoo quickly placed his body next to my seat.
"Annyeong!" Kyungsoo's hands are next to his face, waving. His smile denoted how playful his minds were which somehow conducted an easement feeling to me.
"Annyeong!" I waved back. I knew this fake smile wasn't good enough to hide my feelings.
"Fancy meeting you here, Namii. Where are you heading to?" He asked as he tried to change his position into the comfortable one.
"Oh, I'm heading to Sehun's training building. Hey, you're going there too?"
"Yup. It's on the next stop. Anyway, what is that in your basket?" Kyungsoo pointed the basket on my lap. I let out a smile and showed him boxes of macaroons.
"Wow! Those look sooo tasty." He chuckled as his hands reached on my basket. I slapped them right away for trying to slip onto my macaroons.
"It's for later." I took his hand and placed it again on his lap.
Kyungsoo grinned, showing how silly his face is. "Sorry. Is that for Sehun?"
"Ah, yes. He told me to come by and deliver these things. I had no plans for today, anyway." I explained as my eyes were scanning Kyungsoo's looks for today.
Why do I feel that he has a 'thing' which distracts my brain from working properly?
"Oh, we're here. Let's go!" He took me by the hand then both of us hopped out of the bus.
I felt a little awkward for some times, looking at him hold my hand. Air blows around us soon as we walked down in the street, making his grip on my hands tightened. Not too far from the bus stop, there was a boy laying by the pile with teasing smirk and is looking at us. He put his hands by his chest and shout, "YAH! KYUNGSOO hyung!"
Kyungsoo who has been holding my hand suddenly stepped a further away then waved oddly to the man. I didn't know why I kept holding his hand either. It's like, I was enjoying it too. His big hand embraced mine and somehow, I perceived something secure. He led another ease into my mind.
The guy whom Kyungsoo high-fived was in fact really tall. His black-silky hair matched well with his radiant-tanned skin. Well, I found it indeed amusing to analyze the sunlight that brushed his exotic skin color. That guy patted Kyungsoo's back after we strode closer to him.
"Hyung! Where have you been?" He asked, nearly shout. I knew his eyes were slightly gazing on me, but I guess he didn't bother me first.
"What do you mean by "where have I been"? I'm the one who supposed to ask so. You've been missing practices for two days."
"School, hyung. I had exams, remember? Kekeke..." Three of us took a stroll together as I keep maintaining an i-don't-need-to-know-him expression. Since that guy didn't seem to notice me at all. "...anyway hyung..." He leaned closer to Kyungsoo, whispering something on his ear.
"WHAT??! Tsk. Such dongsaeng..." Kyungsoo suddenly blurted out. "...Namii, here, I introduce you with Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo grabbed my wrist, made me stood face to face with Jongin.
"You may call me, Kai." Jongin or I could call Kai bowed as he let out a comical smile. I followed suit, letting my wavy hair cover half of my face.

***

All of us arrived at such big building. It's one of the famous agency we have in town. Most of the artists from here are undoubtedly famous. Well, as for my self, I never really noticed this big agency until Sehun mentioned about being a trainee. He was the one who introduced me about the life of being a trainee. Its automatic door welcomed us coldly, showing me how busy the people inside. Most of the employees were walking from here to there with their phones on their hand, reflecting lively expression.

I walked side by side with Kyungsoo, letting him to show me where Sehun is. We passed some of the employees and they seemed to be so affable with both of Kai and Kyungsoo. I hasten my walk for Kai's and Kyungsoo's steps were much more bigger and faster than me. They kept talking about the rest of their trainees which I absolutely had no idea. After traveled through corridors to corridors, we decided to take the elevator to lift us to the 4th floor. There was an awkward pause; me, Kai, and Kyungsoo stood silently on the lift. I didn't know how such atmosphere could be built up, but I swear I had a feeling Kai was about to laugh out loud for looking at my expression. Right, I don't like the elevator and I never will. I guess Kyungsoo noticed it too but he was just so kind to ignore my wamble look upon my face. Just the time the lift door opened, I saw Sehun in front of us.
"Nami!" he nearly yelled as he jumped up in excitement.
"Sehun" I exclaimed happily.
"Whoa, Nami, did you just take the lift?"

Crap. Don't talk about this in front of Kyungsoo, Sehun-ah!

"A...a... yes." I flushed in red then bugged out to him. Sehun instead gave me a confusie gaze and shrugged.
"As long as I remember, you can't take the lift." Sehun playfuly teased me with his grin.
"YA!" I shouted, ready to waft a whamp at him. Yeah, it wasn't Sehun if he didn't run away like a 5-year-old kid.

It was kinda boring to behave in a place I first visited. Moreover, I was playing with the trainees who apparently had some dance routines. It means, I was an outsider who wasted the trainees' practicing time.
There were about six people in the room-not including me-three of them are really tall, and four of them are really white. Sehun was included to both of tall and white.
Since I was still having a hard time remembering their name, I identified them by their unique things.
First, I got Kai and Kyungsoo who I already remembered. Then, I got the tallest guy in the room which has been always smiling all the time. I guess he even smiles when he blinks. His name is Chanyeol, but I still prefer to call him, the smiley guy. The 3rd, I had the milky white boy-after sehun-who seemed to have great vocal and in fact really hilarious. He was like the mood-booster of the room, he was the one who almost made me choke on my foods for laughing too much. His name is, Byun Baekhyun or I shall call, the ultimate mood-booster. Here's the last, he was the man who remained normal all along. I even could tell, only by looking at his peaceful face that he was the wise man. He didn't talk much, but he seemed to enjoy my macaroons the most. He even complimented them. I guess his name is Suho.

"Baekhyun hyung! How was the macaroons? It was good, wasnt it?" Sehun who was chewing hard his strawberry macaroons beamed at Baekhyun.
"I never tasted this thing before, but it surely is damn good." Baekhyun made a thumb up and gave me his sincere smile.
"Ya, Namii! You should bring this kind of foods to here again. It really energizes me. Its soft and sweet texture just melts inside my mouth and generates such light feeling in me. Really!" Chanyeol suddenly beamed at me and hold my shoulders, convicing me that he truly liked the macaroons.
"It's really good to know you like all of these. Thanks." I let out a shy smile. "Do you guys want some lemon tea? I happen to bring them too." I unpacked stuffs inside my basket and took out some lemon teabags.
"I want some!" Suho and Kyungsoo said in unison.
"Okay! but guys...uhm...I don't know where can I get some mugs."
"I'll help you!" Kyungsoo quickly strode closer to me then took some of the teabags. We exited the room and aimed to the building's pantry.

"Thank you for the macaroons." Kyungsoo suddenly blurted out soon as we were passing through corridors.
"Ah, it's nothing. It has been so much fun too to know you guys. You guys were so talented in all those dancing moves." I said as i waved my hands. It was indeed a truly fun for me. To know these extremely talented guys and to have them tasted my favorite menus were so much pleasure.
"Your cookings were so good. Where'd you learn all of them?"
"It's from my sister. She taught me these things."
"Wow, she must be a master of cooking."
I chuckled at Kyungsoo's last words. Yes, my sister was the master of cooking. She was the first girl who could make me learning how to cook.

Both of us searched around the pantry to find mugs, but none of us found it. My sight scanned through the drawers but there were only coffees, sugars, and paper cups. So, we finally decided to make the tea inside the paper cups.
"Tea won't taste best in it. But I still hope they'll still revive your energy. Kekeke" i said as I poured hot water to another paper cups.
"You really know tea. dont you?" Kyungsoo said as he suddenly stopped brewing the tea. I gave him the 'what' expression, instead he kept staring at me. My cheek would definitely flush in red if I maintained to stare at him too. So, I pretended to stir the tea with the plastic spoon. I didn't know how but Kyungsoo bold action was making my hear beated faster. His gaze was observing me, I could feel it. I was about to say a word before he took my paper cup and put it onto the tray. He then walked out of the room without waiting on me first. Immidiately, I chased him with my cheeks were hot for  feeling immensely embarassed.
"I can sniff the lemon flavor. It smells like you." he cheekily said which made me letting out the most sincere smile I had.

 

***

 

Author

The summer breeze ushered Nami to her home. Her fun and joy day already came to an end. She would go back to her flat activites at home; watching tv, making dinner, cleaning the house, and doing the laundry. Lazily, she unlocked her apartment door. Surprised. she found her parents were packing things into suitcases.
"Mom!" she exclaimed, panic attacking her minds. "Where are you going?" Nami swiftly put off her shoes and changed it into slippers.
"Nami, we're going to your grandma's house. You don't need to go, just stay at the house." herdad explained it carefully, knowing that his daughter must be surprised.
"Yes, we only go for one or two weeks. You can always call us if you need anything. and stay out of trouble." her eomma was zipping the suitcase then handed her some pocket money.
"But..." Nami didn't finish her sentence. She knew that it was hard too for her parents. Her head nodded, trying to obey what her eomma said.

 

Her parents finally took off, leaving Nami who was knackered inside the apartement. Nami's mind was wandered around, sweeping all the bad thoughts and trying to gather her good mood. She aimed at her kitchen then let her hands running through its drawers. Feverishly, she picked out a lemon teabag.

Lemon is a such a refreshment...

Just about she took a gulp of it, she heard a noisy sound from the next room.
BANG!

what the ?