Chapter 10 - Mushroom Soup

Just Do It

Nami

Luhan seemed to be a bit normal after I feed him a bowl of warm mushroom soup. But his eyebags looked so pitiful. I wonder how hard his life is to ever work almost 48 hours in a day. I could barely see him at morning and at night I could only hear his door knob noticing me that he was already at home. 
I know it's not my business to look for him but the fact that he sometimes helped my family and my mom liked him a lot made me  unconsciously care for him. Just like this time, I have to take a day off from work saying that I need to take care of something urgent. Creating a white lie to Kyungsoo made me feel a little guilty. Well, I couldn't leave pale faced Luhan at his place alone. It was scary to just imagine he passed out at his own apartment. 

"How was it?" I've been staring at Luhan's eating habit for a while.

"Warm," He answered without even looking at me.

Is there any other answer? Of course it is.  I rolled my eyes then hummed at his answer.
"So, can I leave now? Guess you've recovered quick." I took of my apron and already turned my heel away from the dining table. 

"okay," He said as he laid his back on the chair.

I made my way to the front door and changed from his slipper to mine. 

"Hey," Luhan called out, "thanks." Snap! There he was, finally, drawing his sincere smile on his face. 

"No prob," I tried to hid my happy face from him. I could say that I always feel happy everytime I helped him out. It's not that I have feelings for him. But Luhan has been my older brother these past year after he moved in as my neighbor. Instead of feeling spaced by his mysterious life, I fell for his cold but caring act. He always came as a cold brother everytime I met him. Yet when my mom invited him for dinner, he would act like a sweet child to my family. For my family, without uttering our own thoughts, we feel like he knows that we had lost one precious person in our life. Then he came not as a replacement but as a son my parents never had and a brother I never had. 

I my tv, changing its channel into my favorite drama. Just at the time I focus myself at the long-awaited scene, a call from Sehun came.

"What?" I ask immediately.

"Open the door, please? I already knocked it for millionth times." He said with his fake i'm-so-angry tone.

Without hung up on him I walked to my front door.

Sehun laid his back on the wall with right arm was playing his phone and his left hand was carrying his wet shoes. He seemed cold because of the rain outside. His pale face lit up as I throw him a towel. I already knew he'd come all wet. Without asking any other question neither saying any greetings, he strolled into the kitchen and boiled his self a hot tea. Me on the other side just keep staring at his usual actions. However, Sehun had only once came into my house since I moved out from his neighborhood. To be honest, I felt a little lonely not having him around. But today, something is wrong and I obviously want to ask him now.

"What is it?" I sat in front of him at the dining table. "Tell me, right now!"

"What is what?" he asked me instead.

"It has been a while you acted this way, Sehun. Is there something you wanna tell me?"

"Nothing, really. I just wanna check you up. Kyungsoo hyung said that you had urgent things to fix." he paused taking a sip of his tea, "but it seems you've finished that thing." he smiled.

"well, I had." I thought about telling Sehun what was I doing a while ago, but I guess he will ask another his i-don't-want-to-answer question. So, it'd be better not to telling him, wouldn't it?

"Do you have any extra tee? I need to change my clothes." he passed me while making his way to my living room.

"yeah, some of your old tees. though i don't know would it still fit you or not."

I found Sehun's Spiderman tee at the very bottom of my pile of clothes. When we were 9th grade I remembered he borrowed me this tee while having a school trip. Since I ran out of clothes. Back then he hated this tee a lot because he thought that character t-shirt only made for 5-year-old kid. He was so conservative back then.

"Do you remember this?" I stretched out his spiderman tee in front of the tv screen.

"God, you still have that!" He bursted out into his crazy laugh as he grabbed the tee from me.

Sehun almost stripped his wet clothes before I yelled at him, "YAA! EXCUSE YOURSELF!" and I pushed him into the bathroom. I won't ever and I didn't have to see his topless body at this time. I mean, grow up! I'm a girl anyway.

"Isn't it great if you look at my abs? I've been working out, ya know?" He yelled from the bathroom and I could hear his evil laugh.

"Quick change your clothes, dummy!" I beckoned.

I laughed my off seeing him walking out of the bathroom with his tight spiderman tee.

"Seriously? HAHAHAHAHAHA" I hold my stomach laughing so hard on the sofa.

He rolled his eyes, "don't you have any other tee?"

"No. Stay in that t-shirt. It looks well on you." I said between my laughter.

"I know! You like seeing my abs wrap inside this tight shirt, don't ya????!!" Now he stood infront of the tv screen trying to pose y which drove me into a wilder laughter.

"What the heck are you doing? Is that y pose?" Sehun was posing with his duck lips and V sign on his face. "y my ,"

"It's a mix pose of cute and y." He changed into another pose. "Give me another clothes or I might die suffocating inside this tight shirt!!!" He nagged me.

"Okay, okay! But it's my Dad's. Promise me you'll return it." I threw him a grey sweater with baseball number on its back.

"Are you sure its your Dad's?" He turned the sweater, noticing its fanciness which looks too fancy to be wore by my dad.

"He never wear it actually. It was a gift from my neighbor." I continued watching my drama which was on marathon episodes.

After hours of chatting and fighting and kicking and remembering old times with the best pal I ever had. He had to head back to his dorm. His busy days already awaited him to come back. It was the best day of the month I might say. Since Sehun and I rarely hang out together these days. And I didn't have to spend a boring day without working today. It was all thanks to him.

***

Author

Sehun was walking down on the crowded street. It was already 11pm but people still walked from here to there. If it wasn't his manager hyung who called him, he still wanted to play with Nami. He missed his best friend a lot. Well, some says that having a girl best friend is hard but being around Nami would make him feel home. Instead of being alone at his house playing video games and not knowing where his parents are, he'd rather be with Nami. At least, he didn't have to control his emotions and he could tell anything about his life. He needed to find hisself a girlfriend before all the boys think that Nami and him are dating.
The summer breeze was cold enough to make him hugging himself inside the sweater. The grey sweater smelled like his old times when he spent his day in Nami's home chatting with his dad or having warm dinner with her and her mother.
Cold air ushered him to grab a hot ramyun inside a convenience store. After paying his ramyun cup and sliced cheese, he queued behind a man who wore the same sweater like his. He chuckled knowing that the number on his shirt was the same as his. The more funny was when both of them was looking for a table to eat their ramyun, they ended up sitting together.

The man who wore the same sweater muttered "Wow" as he sat across Sehun's table.

"Wow too," Sehun answered smiling like a retard. He just couldn't hold his laughter.

"We look like somekind of missing children," the man commented at how awkward the situation was.

"Or maybe a couple," Sehun added.

"Oh God, please," He laughed as he sipped his Cider.

"Sehun," He introduced while thinking t it'd be more awkward if he didn't do it.

"Luhan," The man smiled as he followed suit.

People who passed by looking at how cute were them with their matching sweater. In additional, both of their menus were Shin Ramyun and a can of Cider. They sure looked like a couple.

 


A/N; HELLO GUYS. It's been a while, isn't it? NO! I'm not going to bury this story nor delete it. But well, I've been out of ideas lately. But my friends keep telling me to (at least) continue this story before making a new one. There's lot of going on in my current life so I hope you guys forgive me for this late update. But apologize is apologize, i won't force you guys to forgive me. HAHAHAHA. Well, enjoy this chapter. A little Hunhan for you out there. But REMEMBER; it must be related to the next chapter HOHOHOHO. Please anticipate it!
LOVE YOU GUYS KISSES XOXO. *and happy early Xmas to y'all!*