Chapter 9 - Jasmine Tea

Just Do It

I stroll over to my kitchen drawer, looking for something to fill up
my belly. There are chocochips, crackers, and some left over
macaroons. I smile at the last jar, remembering how silly it was yesterday because of such macaroons.
Yesterday was fun, though.  I was invited by Sehun and Suho to come over to their dorm. Beside, my shift has ended early and I had nothing to do at home. I promise them to bring another jar of macaroons and apple tea. Apparently, three jars of  them finished in less than five minutes. I was so sure that their bellies were made from elastic gums.
Chanyeol and Jongin kept asking me how to make macaroons but when I explained the details and the recipes they just couldn’t understand anything. So in the end they gave up. After all, I never really spent my time with such guys like them. It was so noisy and chaotic. However on the other side, I could feel their energy, their passion that burned whenever they told me their dreams. I didn’t think either that Sehun already thought of his future with his teammates and has set his goal so high.

I finalize my choice at a jar of cheese-crackers as I boil water for a cup of apple tea.

I got startled with sound of phone buzzing on the table.

1 New Message!
From: 010-823-xxx-xxx
Hi Nami~ It’s me, Kyungsoo~

I wonder where did he got my number. Recalling yesterday events, I
guess I did give him my number. I might as well reply his message.

To: Kyungsoo
Hi~! Whatsupp?

Not later than two minutes, I feel my phone vibrating.

“Hello?” I answer.
“Am I bothering you?” a familiar voice came out but not the one I thought would be calling.
“Not really, Luhan. What is it?”
There was a mute for some seconds until I called back his name, “Luhan, what’s wrong?”
“C-can you come to my...place?” His voice suddenly trembles.
“O-okay,” I hung up his phone then scoot over to his room.
I close the door behind me quietly then change my sandals into his room’s slipper. I smell something odd in the air. I slap my negative thoughts then call on Luhan’s name.
“I’m here,” His hoarse voice came from his room. The door is hung open, allowing me to see his bedroom. I gasp at the view, Luhan is covered by blanket with his pale lips trembling from feeling cold. A bottle of medicine ruptured and spilled its filling all over the floor. I scurry over him immediately. His face is sweating a lot. "Oh my, you must be having fever," For seconds I really don't know what to do. I lay his body down then take a small towel which placed on his coffee table. I dust sweats on his face eventhough his body still slightly trembles. It broke my heart to see his face shows such pain.
"What can I do for you?" Eventually I ask him.
"There's another tablet inside the kitchen drawer." I dash over to his kitchen. I remember that I once give him a box of jasmine tea a week ago. He must place it inside the drawer too. I boil water to make a cup of not too sweet Jasmine tea.
I wonder how Luhan can be sick. Did he really work so hard until he spent all of his energy? Didn't he aware of himself since he lives alone? Sound of boiled water surprises me between my thoughts. Hurry I prepare the tea and his medicine.
"Here," I put down jasmine tea on the coffee table beside his bed. I help him to lean his back on the wall and straighten up his upper body. Luhan gulped his tablet then sip the jasmine tea. His eyes are closed as he hold back his pain inside.
"Thank you," he mumbled.
Suddenly a jolt comes from my phone's ringtone. I check on the screen, "oh, Kyungsoo," I breathe out his name.

From: Kyungsoo
Are you busy? Sorry :(

Right! Kyungsoo. I snap my head, remembering that I was texting with Kyungsoo before Luhan called.

To: Kyungsoo
No, no, I was helping out my neighbor~ what is it, Kyungsoo?

I go back to Luhan who's still tembling under the blanket. 
"I'm s..sorry," He stutters. 
My eyes blink the moment I heard his hoarse voice. how could he sorry?
"what's there to sorry about? You need to rest well, Luhan." I patted his pillow first before I took off from his bedroom.

His apartment is rather messier than it was usually. I fold the sofa's cover then clean leftovers out of the small crease on it. I sit on it for a while. Sighing, I wonder what is exactly Luhan has been doing inside this wide apartment room if he lives only by himself. There are piles of papers here and there; on the dining table, besides the tv, on the corner of living room. I feel like cleaning this mess, despite I know that I might wrong placed his stuffs.

Luhan's snore could be heard from the kitchen as I was making a noddle soup from leftovers in Luhan's refrigerator. I pity him much. He is the busiest person I ever knew in my life (beside my Dad, of course). But I respect him from doing that. Though, i don't know much about him but it makes me as curious as he always tries to avoid any further question attending to his life. 

"Ow," I flinch tasting the hot noodle soup. It was less salty than I thought it's be. But I guess less salt would be better for Luhan. 
I heard my phone's ringtone coming from Luhan's room. Hurrily I scort over into his room leaving the hot noodle soup on the table. 

Luhan handed me my phone with tired eyes on his face. "Kyungsoo," he said almost murmured.
As I clicked the answer button, "sorry," I mouthed.

"Hello," 

"Hi, Nami~ Are you gonna go to Cafe today?"

Crap. I guess I forget today's shift on Cafe.

"Y-yes." I said avoiding Luhan's intense stare