Chapter 9

Beautiful Stranger

 

Jonghyun sat on top of his new bed, in his new bedroom, just looking around in awe at how huge it was. It was a pure white room with pastel colors here and there. Jonghyun felt refreshed just sitting in it.

“I could get used to this.” Jonghyun said stretching out on his bed.

Closing his eyes, he smiled softly, enjoying the small breeze coming in from his opened window. A knock sounded on his door, signaling a guest. Opening his eyes, he sat up and walked to the door, opening it to reveal Kyrstal and Luna who where both grinning at him.

Jonghyun blinked, “Um, yes?”

Kyrstal, not paying attention to Jonghyuns discomfort, walked in his room with Luna right on her side, “How do you like your new room?”

Jonghyun frowned slightly, “It’s nice, why?”

Kyrstal chuckled, “Oh nothing really, just asking.”

Jonghyun frown deepened. He had the impression she was going somewhere with this.

“You and Minho are getting together nicely.” She said while sitting on his bed, picking her nails, Luna nodding along with her.

Jonghyun blushed slightly, “We are.”

Kyrstal smiled, “It’s a shame though really.” Luna nodded again, pouting.

Jonghyun looked at her questioningly, “What do you mean by that?”

 “In the end, Minho is going to get hurt.” Luna said sadly, “The person he likes has no clue, huh Kyrstal?” Kyrstal nodded solemnly in agreement. “Yes, so sad isn’t it.”

Jonghyun crossed his arms, “What are you two even talking about?”

Kyrstal sighed, “See? No clue.” She whispered, though it was still loud enough for Jonghyun to hear, “I feel so sorry for Minho, poor, poor Minho. Doing all this for someone who doesn’t even like him.”

Jonghyun glared at them, feeling a little pain of guilt in his chest, “I do like Minho.”

Kyrstal ignored him, “Minho must be in so much pain. *le sigh* To think that someone would give so much for someone else and that someone just ignores that persons advances, when it’s obvious its hurting the other.”

Jonghyun looked down to his hands, was he hurting Minho?

Kyrstal, glancing at Jonghyun, turned to Luna, giving her a smile and a nod. “Oh well, what can you do?” She sighed, standing up dramatically and leaving with Luna behind her. Luna stopped and looked towards Jonghyun again, “Enjoy your stay!” and with that she shut the door behind them.

When they shut the door, Kyrstal high-fived Luna. “See? What I tell you? Guilt trip all the way. Now we can sit back and see it all play out as we wanted. Minho so owes us for this.”

Luna giggled, happily following Kyrstal as they walked down the hall way.

--

Minho was with Taemin and Onew at the mall. Taemin of course was complaining and whining at the older two.

Taemin whined, “Why are we here again?”

Minho sighed for the 15th time that evening, “To buy Jonghyun some clothes.”

“Why are we doing that again?”

Minho groaned, rubbing his temples, “Because when I was helping him pack, most of his clothes were old and falling apart.”

Taemin whined, swinging the bag of jeans in his hand around, “But do we have to be so detailed. Why can’t we just buy a couple t-shirts and jeans then go?”

Onew chuckled, “Because Minho wants his cute puppy to become even cuter.”

Minho turned red. “Shut up.” Onew and Taemin laughed as they followed Minho into a top of the line clothes store. Looking at some of the shirts, glancing them quickly, and snatching what he thought would be cute on Jonghyun.

One t-shirt caught his particularly. It was a blue t-shirt with a small green dino sitting cutely, a little light green frog on top of its head, a large golden crown perched on its own head, falling a little over one of the frogs eyes.

“What do you think of this one?” Minho said, showing it to Taemin and Onew.

Taemin laughed, “It so looks like you two. I say buy it.”

Onew smiled, “It does look a little like you two, doesn’t it? It’s cute; I think he’ll like it.”

Minho smiled slightly, looking at the shirt. “You think?”

Onew laughed, “Yes. Now let’s grab some more then go home. It’s already getting close to dinner time.”

Minho nodded, continuing on their search.

--

When they got home, Taemin mostly dissolved into the couch complaining his feet were killing him, though he couldn’t stop smiling since he found a very cute hair clip for Sulli. Onew just shook his head, sitting down and turning on the TV to watch his variety shows.

Minho on the other hand quickly went towards the kitchen where he heard someone in particular cooking.

Just as he thought, Jonghyun was standing there with an apron tied around his lithe waist. Minho smiled at Jonghyuns concentrated face as he cut the cooked meat into bite size pieces, dropping them into a cooking pan of stir-fry.

“That smells good. Do you need any help?” Minho asked, Jonghyun slightly jumping at the sound of his voice.

“No that’s okay. What are those bags for?”

With a nod of his head, Jonghyun pointed to the bags in Minho’s hands.

“Oh, we were at the mall so I thought I would grab some clothes for you. Just some T-shirts and jeans. I hope they fit okay.”

Jonghyun blinked at him with wide eyes as Minho laid the bags gently on the little kitchen island. Jonghyun felt his cheeks heat up at the affection Minho was showing him.

“Oh. Thank you.” Jonghyun said shyly, grabbing a spoon and stirring the stir-fry, his back to Minho. Minho smiled softly, “No problem.” He said softly as he sat down.

Glancing at Minho, Jonghyun sighed remembering what Kyrstal and Luna had said.

“To think that someone would give so much for someone else and that someone just ignores that persons advances, when it’s obvious its hurting the other.”

Remembering also that eventful moment on the rooftop.

“Maybe, it’s because I love you.”

Taking the stir-fry off of the burner and putting it on a cold one, he turned around, facing Minho who in return looked up to him from where he sat.

“You... I... How do I say this?” Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck. “Um… How do you really... feel about me?” He asked quietly, holding his gaze with Minho’s surprised one.

“I…” He said a little bewildered by the sudden question. Clearing his throat he continued, “I feel you’re the most adorable person I ever met, that your smile is the most gorgeous one I have ever seen, that your eyes are cuter then any animals or persons, and that no one can ever beat you at being sweet because you’re the sweetest person there is.” Minho said, blushing slightly but continuing anyway, “You are brave and strong but sensitive and shy at the same time. You are perfect even with your faults, because without them I wouldn’t be able to tell if you weren’t secretly an angel.” Jonghyun was blushing severely at this point, not expecting such a cheesy detailed answer to his question.

“I guess in the end,” Minho said, standing up and walking closer to Jonghyun, who lowered his head when Minho stood directly in front of him. “It all comes down to one thing…”

Grabbing Jonghyuns chin, Minho whispered, “I love you.”

Jonghyun felt his whole body completely flush at this, and as he looked into Minho’s eyes he couldn’t help but think… This could work, couldn’t it?

Jonghyun opened his mouth and closed it again, repeating this action causing him to look like a red hot fish out of water. Chuckling slightly, Minho dropped his hand. “Sorry. I said to much didn’t I?”

Jonghyun quickly shook his head, still trying to get the words out of his mouth.

“Minho.”  Jonghyun reached out, gripping Minho’s shirt sleeve with his hand. “Do you think… we can give this a try?” He asked shyly, not looking away from Minho’s chest, fearing looking the taller male in the eyes.

Minho, startled by this, looked at Jonghyun. His mouth twitched upwards. “What do you mean ‘this’?”

Jonghyun clenched his eyes shut, “I mean, a relationship. Me and you.”

Minho smiled, reaching out and taking hold of the smaller males shoulders. “You mean, you want to try dating?”

Jonghyun nodded, still not looking Minho in the eyes. Minho grinned, letting go of Jonghyuns left shoulder and once more cupping Jonghyuns chin in his right hand. Planting a small peck on Jonghyuns lips, he pulled away from the blushing boy, “Like I could say no to you.”

Stepping back, Minho couldn’t stop grinning as he walked over to the rice cooker, opening it up. “Is all the food ready?”

Jonghyun, breaking off the gaze he had on Minho, stuttered a yes in reply.

“I’ll help you set the table then.” Minho, still grinning, opened the cover taking out six bowls.

Outside the kitchen, Onew looked over at Taemin who was right beside him.

‘About time.’ He whispered.

Taemin nodded, as both of them walked away from the kitchen door entrance, both smiling widely as they made their way to the living room couch.

‘After all, there are perfect for each other.’ Taemin whispered back, as they returned to their variety shows, acting like they never heard a thing of what just happened.

--

Omo, a update. And one that actually somewhat, not really, progresses the story! Yay! *throws confetti in the air*

Anywho, hope you enjoyed the update. Love you~ Caoi bellas.