Chapter 4

Beautiful Stranger

 

 

 

The blonde came back with the drinks, and Minho was surprised to see him in his normal clothes. With no name tag, damn it. “Aren’t you supposed to wear your uniforms while working? You were a moment ago..”

 

The boy looked at him with an amused expression and said, “At 1:00, we change into regular clothes since it’s more comfortable that way. The uniforms are stuffy, and it gets hot with all the people in here.”

 

Minho nodded, taking a sip of his drink. The blonde left his table, not noticing Minho’s eyes trailing after him.

 

“We’re back~”

 

Kyrstal said as she and the others came back to the table, smiling. “Miss us?”

 

Minho glared at her, but decided not to say anything. They had more drinks, Minho only drinking a little so not to become drunk. He looked around the club after a sip of his drink and saw the blonde talking to someone behind their table. He saw the man approach the blonde, wrapping his arms around the smaller male’s waist, pulling him close. Minho, straining his hearing, over hears their conversation,

 

            “You know,” The man says into the blonde’s ear, “there are other ways of paying back that money, like” the man trails his hand to the blonde’s thigh, squeezing it, “giving a different kind of ‘service.’”

 

            The boy’s eyes widen and he pushes the man away, a scowl on his face. “Over my dead body, jackass.” And he walks away, leaving the now laughing man behind. Minho looks away, and turns his gaze to table, blocking out the noise from his friends chatting, and the loud music playing in the background. After cursing in his mind, trying not to get up and punch that man in the face for touching the blonde and suggesting something like that, he comes to a realisation.

 

He needs money?

 

“Minho, we should head back, its way past 1. We have school tomorrow.”

 

Onew stated calmly, while some of the others whined. “Right, you guys go first, I’ll pay the tab.”

 

Onew nodded, dragging a very drunk Kyrstal with him, the others, also drunk, following him quietly. Minho took out his wallet, taking out $50 for the drinks then took an extra amount as a tip. Standing up, he walked towards the blonde, who was currently taking glasses from a now empty table. He patted the blonde’s shoulders, startling the beautiful man.

 

“Oh, you’re ready to pay?”

 

Minho nodded, taking the man’s hand and putting the money into it. He turned and left the building, barely hearing the man let out a gasp as he counted the money in his hand.

 

“This is?! There’s $200 extra here..” The blonde looked at the money in his hand, then ran out of the club, looking left and right for his classmate, but didn’t see him in sight. He sighed. “Why would he give so much..?” Not wanting to think about it, he went back into the club and returned to his job.

 

--

 

Every Saturday and Sunday, Minho would come back to the club, buy only one drink, and leave a big tip that left the blonde gaping. He knew his friends thought he was an alcoholic or something of that kind now, but he didn’t care.

 

On the other hand, blonde was confused and he wanted answers now. One day at school, as soon as the loud school bell rang for lunch, the blonde went straight over to the surprised Minho and stated. “We need to talk. Follow me. Now.”

 

He then stormed out of the roof, Minho following close behind. Going up the school stairs he went to the small roof top, and went out to the opening, the sky dark and gloomy, it obliviously going to rain. He turned around and looked straight at Minho who had also stopped and was now staring at him.   

 

“Why are you doing this?” He yells walking closer to Minho. “You don’t even know my name! If this money,” He takes out the money from his pocket, “is just pity money, I don’t want it!” He slaps his hand hard into Minho’s chest, the money slipping slightly, almost falling to the ground. Minho caught the money and grabbed the blonde’s shoulders, pushing him to the wall beside them. Leaning over, Minho pushed his lips to the caught off guard blonde. 

 

            “Maybe,” The blonde stares in shock at Minho as he calmly states “It’s for another reason, far past pity.” And he lets go of his shoulders and walks to the door, leaving the boy gaping on the roof, rain starting to fall. “Maybe, it’s because I love you.”

 

            The blonde snaps out of it, and yells at Minho,“Don’t try to hold onto me with those empty words!” Minho smiles sadly, “As you wish.” And leaves.

 

          The boy stands in the rain, his heart thumbing in his chest. “Why is he doing this?” he mumbles to himself, clutching the money in his hand.

 

--

 

When Minho gets home, he sees that the Gucci bag and shoes he ordered have finally arrived.

 

“About time.” Minho takes the two items, and races to Krystal’s room, opening the door not bothering to knock.

 

Kyrstal, lying on her bed while doing her nails, looks up with her eyebrows arched upwards. “Knock would you? I don’t want you coming in when I change.”

 

Minho scoffed, “Then lock your door.” He then threw the two items on her bed. “Now tell me his name would you.”

 

Kyrstal squealed, picking up her new Gucci bag and shoes, and turned to look at Minho. “It’s Jonghyun. You know, it’s quite funny. You could’ve just gone to the teacher and asked, dumb frog.”

 

Minho smiled his left eye twitching slightly, “Shut up or you’ll see all your precious Gucci donated to the nearby church. Your parents will be so proud of you.” Then left the room, dodging the shoe that came flying across the room, slamming into the wall beside his head, followed by “YOU WOULDN’T DARE.”

 

Minho chuckled, going towards his room, smiling to himself. Going to his room, locking the door, and collapsing on his bed, he smiled widely, swinging his arm to cover his eyes.

 

Jonghyun...

 

He rolled on to his side, staring at the wall across from him.

 

Time to court my beautiful pup.