Chapter 10

Beautiful Stranger

 

After dinner and the countless complements from the others about his cooking, Jonghyun was pushed into his room by Minho, shopping bags in hand, told to try them on. Sighing, Jonghyun looked at all the clothes laying in front of him, trying to ignore the high price tags that were attached to the clothing.

"What should I try on?" Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck and started moving clothes, matching them together to see what look good and not. One shirt though caught his attention.

"A frog and dinosaur?" Jonghyun picked it up, looking at the blue shirt closely. "Cute."

Placing the shirt down on his bed with some matching jeans.

"Alright, I'll try that on last. Let’s see here."

--

After what felt like forever, Jonghyun finished trying everything on, and wearing the blue shirt, which easily became his favorite, and regular denim skinny jeans, he went down stairs were Onew was watching TV.

"Hey." Onew said without looking up.

"Hey. What are you watching?" Jonghyun asked, sitting on the other side of the couch, seeing the commercial for fried chicken on the plasma TV.

"Strong Heart." Onew replied shortly, practically drooling at the commercial.

"It’s no use hyung. When he sees chicken, you might as well be talking to a brick wall." Taemin said, sitting in the loveseat in the corner of the room.

Jonghyun nodded, his hand put together in his lap. "So, Taemin... You've been getting along well with Sulli." Taemin nodded, turning a bit red on his cheek bones. "I guess."

"You two are dating?" Jonghyun asked bluntly, watching probably the longest chicken commercial ever with a blank face.

"N-No." Taemin looked at his hands.

"But you want to." Jonghyun continued, still facing to the TV.

"It would be nice." Taemin said, smiling a bit from the idea.

"Hmm." Jonghyun watched Taemin from the corner his eyes, and seemed to be studying him.

"Be good to her." He said simply, making Taemin look up a bit startled and then as the chicken commercial ended, Onew, snapped out of his delirious, concentrated state, finally took full notice of the other two.

"What were you two talking about?" He asked, turning his head to look at the other two. Jonghyun, whose eyes were trained on Dongyup speaking to the guests, answered shortly, "Nothing important. Onew hyung, would you like me to make some fried chicken for dinner tomo-ummph?" Jonghyuns question was cut off and muffled as Onew proceeded to crush him in a bear hug. Who knew such a small guy would hug so tightly?

"Oh god yes. Thank you thank you thank you-"

"Hyung, what have you done?" Taemin asked, face palming.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank yo-" Onew was literally shaking from happiness now.

Jonghyun pulling his head away from Onews crushing hold, looked at Taemin as he awkwardly patted Onew on the back.

"The old cook stopped cooking chicken a long time ago, for a reason. Just make sure you cook a lot." Taemin said, getting up and helped Jonghyun pull Onew of him. After they succeeded, Onew ran away saying he needed prepare his stomach or something like that.

Weird.

"Hyung." Taemin said, dragging Jonghyun out of his thoughts, continued, "Your relationship with Sulli-"

"Like sister and brother but nothing more." Jonghyun cut him off, and looked at him, "So like a good big brother, I won't hesitate to punch you if she ends up getting hurt." Then he smiled. "Though I think you will be fine."

And with that he left the living room, not really knowing what to do with himself.

'Maybe I'll go find Minho...'

He wondered around the house, looking for him, finally finding him on his laptop in the sun room located in the back of the house.

“Minho.” Jonghyun said, taking a sit beside the taller male, “What are you doing?”

Glancing on the computer, he saw that the boy was on YouTube.

“Just browsing I guess.” He replied. Minho exited his browser and closed his laptop, resting it on a small table beside the loveseat they were sitting on. Putting an arm around Jonghyuns shoulder, he pulled his boyfriend close. Minho raised his eyebrow when he noticed what Jonghyun was wearing, a smile sneaking its way on his lips.

“You like it?” He asked, looking at the shirt he had picked out. Jonghyun, glancing at him briefly, smiled when he noticed this. “I do.” Jonghyun put his head on Minho’s shoulder, and they just sat there in a comfortable silence.

After a while, Minho pulled Jonghyun closer, putting his hand on Jonghyuns thigh. “Good.” He said, continuing their conversation, “I was worried you weren’t going to.”

Jonghyun glance up at him and said, “The frog kind of looks like you.” He said bluntly, causing Minho to quirk his eyebrow, a habit that Jonghyun has already taken noticed of.

“And the dinosaur looks like you.” He said in reply. Jonghyun continued, “Key calls you frog all the time.”

“Does he now?” Minho said, hiding his grin, “He looks like a fox and rabbit hybrid.”

“He would love to hear that.” Jonghyun said sarcastically, “But he hates carrots, so the rabbit part is wrong.”

“Can’t be a rabbit if you hate carrots.” Minho said blankly. “It’s just wrong.”

“Against rabbit nature.” Jonghyun replied, then snickered, “What are we even talking about?”

“I have no idea.” Minho replied, resting his cheek on Jonghyuns head, “You look more like a puppy then a dinosaur.”

Jonghyun looked at him with accusing eyes, “Are you calling me a hybrid?”

“I would never do that to my dino-pup.” Minho said sarcastically, kissing Jonghyun forehead, as the other male mock glared at him. “Whatever, alien frog.”

They both chuckled a bit at their childish bickering, both grinning softly.

Jonghyun smiled at Minho, head off Minho’s shoulder and was a little startled at how close their faces were. Minho, also a bit startled, quickly recovered and looked in Jonghyuns eyes.

Leaning closer, slowly like testing the waters before diving in, he inched his face closer to Jonghyuns, and when his nose lightly touched Jonghyuns nose, his eyes locked with the other, he slowly slid his nose beside the others, tilting his head, their lips just about to touch,

When the sound of a giggling caught their attention.

Snapping apart from each other, they both found the source of the noise.

Krystal and Luna stood at the door, phone in hand.

“Oh, don’t mind us! Continue.” Krystal said, raving her hand at them.

Minho glared at her, standing up as Jonghyun stood up and with a rushed, “I’m going to bed early” practically running out of the room.

“ers.”

Minho growled out, giving them death glares that would cause any normal person to shrink back in fear and apologise.

Krystal and Luna weren’t normal people.

“Call it being repaid for helping you.” Krystal said simply, waving her phone in the air as she walked out of the sunroom with Luna followed her giggling.

“Wait! What do you mean by that?!” Minho yelled, still standing.

Sitting down with a thud, he buried his face in his hands, face red from embarrassment.

“Jerks.”

 

--

Sorry for not updating for a while, been really busy. Sorry. 

Hope you enjoyed this.

Comments are loved. :)

Now i have homework to do, Ciao bellas.