Chapter 12

Beautiful Stranger

Back in time: How Sulli and Taemin met and who set them up.

Sulli was feeling nervous. Why? Well, she was going to gym. And if that didn’t explain it, then this will, what happens every time she goes into the changing room.

 

“She really thinks she’s all that. Look at her.”

 

“She doesn’t even have that great of a body, why do guys like her so much?”

 

“She’s probably easy. Some guys just don’t like a decent girl now a days.”

 

Sulli tried to ignore their obvious tries to bully her, but every time gym came around she felt even more insecure about herself. She thought about asking the teacher to change in a different room, maybe the bathroom, but she was afraid that the other girls will become even harsher towards. Definitely if the teacher asks why and she has to tell her about the bulling.

 

That will just make matters worse.

 

“Do you girls only talk smack to others?”

 

Sulli snapped out of her daze.

 

“What? Who the hell are you?” One of the girls asked, looking at one of the two girls who just entered through the door.

 

Sulli noticed that they were the new girls that everyone was talking about.

 

“Why should I give my name to some insecure ?” She stated boldly, arms crossing.

 

Sulli gaped at her tone.

 

--

 

To say Krystal was angry at what she heard these girls saying was an understatement.

 

She was out right pissed.

 

The cute girl, Sulli right? was cowering in a corner, leaving these girls alone and they wouldn’t stop their hate.

 

Really?

 

If there was one type of people that Krystal hated the most, it was Bullies. Sure, she could be pretty bad herself, but only to those who deserved it. These girls were picking on someone just because they felt insecure about themselves.

 

It reminded her of when she met Luna.

 

When Luna and her where only at the sweet age of eight years old, they didn’t really know each other. Krystal had just moved in from America, and it was her first time coming back to South Korea in 2 years.

 

And lord behold, as soon as the recess rang, she saw a bunch of girls push a sweet and shy girl half their size into the mud, her lunch following her.

 

She got lucky with just detention for the rest of the week cause she was new and all. For she punched the leader of that ‘groupie’ straight in the face with her premature fist.

 

In the end though she made a new best friend, that little girl ending up being Luna.

 

The rest was history.

 

Krystal made it a goal to help any girls or boys getting bullied for stupid reasons. So, when she saw a girl who reminded her of her best friend, her sense of justice sky rocketed.

 

Though this time she’d tried to not get detention

 

Because detention .

 

Onews scolding’s even more.

 

“Do you girls only talk smack to others?”

 

Kyrstal stated calmly, even though inside her was like a volcano steaming at the top.

 

 “What? Who the hell are you?” One of the girls asked, looking at her with anger.

 

That pissed her off more.

 

“Why should I give my name to some insecure ?” She snapped, crossing her arms and glancing to Sulli who was still sitting in the corner, though her eyes were locked on Krystal now.

 

“What the hell did you just say?” Another girl barked.

 

Krystal snickered. “Can’t understand? Listen, I’ll make this easy on you. I’m in this gym class now, unfortunately with you lot, expect you of course,” Krystal winked at Sulli playfully, then put her attention back on the other girls, “leave her alone and I won’t make your lives miserable, which I can assure you I can do. Got it?”

 

Something sparked in Krystal’s eyes as she said this that made the girls nod their heads in fear.

 

“Good.” Krystal continued. Slugging her bag down on a bench, she changed into her gym clothes. Sulli watched her an amazement.

 

--

 

After gym, Krystal joined Taemin in their psychology class.

 

“I met that Sulli girl.” She said casually, while Taemin smiled at her.

 

“Really? What’s she like?” He asked excitedly.

 

“She’s pretty cute. She had a bullying situation,” Taemin frowned, “But I took care of it so don’t panic.” Krystal continued. Taemin sighed, “Good.”

 

“E-Excuse me…”

 

The looked towards the voice and saw Sulli stand there awkwardly but still cute none the less. Taemin died inside a little bit.

 

“Hey.” Krystal said casually.

 

“I just wanted to thank you for standing up for me.” Sulli said, “I’m not a very out spoken person so I find it hard to do that sometimes. So thank you.”

 

Krystal smiled, “No problem. My names Krystal and this is Taemin.”

 

“Nice to meet you two.” Sulli said, smiling. Killing Taemin more inside from the cuteness of it all.

 

“N-Nice to meet you too.” Taemin stuttered, flustered. Sulli failed to notice this, while Krystal, the always observant one, did notice.

 

“We should go out for ice cream or something after this.” Krystal wondered out loud, “Luna wanted some ice cream so she’d be all for it.”

 

“What do you say, you in?” Krystal asked them.

 

“Sure. Sounds good.” Sulli smiled.

 

Taemin mumbled something that sounded like a yes, but by the way he was looking at Sulli like she was the most beautiful girl in the world, it could have been something else.

 

Krystal smirked to herself.

 

“Sounds like a plan.”