Chapter 5

Beautiful Stranger

 

 

Jonghyun was confused, well, even more so then before. Since the confession on the roof top, Minho had started talking to him more, asking so many questions about his life, like his dislikes and likes, his family and ect. Minho started giving him small things, like small little chocolates, and a pair of studded earrings. (Which he wore everyday much to the delight of Minho) He was confused though. He didn’t really know the guy, and Minho probably still doesn’t know his name. Key and Sulli told him to keep his name a secret, not knowing why really, and being the good pup he was he obeyed them, happy to do so with Key offering new clothes as a reward.

After the bell rings, signalling the end of school, Sulli runs over to Jonghyuns class, Key following along.

“Jonghyun, are you busy after school? Key and I are going shopping later, and want you to come. It’s been awhile since you hanged out with us you know?”

 

Jonghyun smiles sadly, “Can’t. You know I have wor-” 

 

“Oh shut it.” Jonghyun looks at Key, “You don’t work until 9. Come and hang out with your friends for once, you dino. I have questions I need answers to.”

 

At the mall, which was as busy and full of life as always, they did their usual shopping routine (Sulli and Jonghyun picking out what they liked, just for it to be put back and replace by the Almighty Diva). After all the shopping (and nagging from Key) they went to the food court for food. When they got the food they wanted, they sat down at a six person table, digging into their food.

            “So Dino, what’s going on with you and Frog boy?”

            Jonghyun flinches, and starts playing with his food.

Sulli states “You know I’m curious about this too. At first it was always Minho staring at you, and now it’s the other way around. What is going on, Jong Oppa?” 

 

            Jonghyun sighs. “Well.. You know how I work at the club right?” They both nod. “One night, Minho and his friends came into the club, I don’t know how, and it just so happened that they sat at one of the tables I’m in charge of. I think Minho overheard me talking to Taegoo-” “That bastard?” Jonghyun gave Key a warning look, “Sorry, carry on.” “As I was saying, he heard me taking to Taegoon, and heard him talking about the money I owed because of dad,” Jonghyun decided to leave out the part about Taegoon offering him to be his private e, “And then after that, he came leaving a tip of $200 every night he came. It was ridiculous. I hate pity money, so I took all the money he gave me, and took him to the school roof, and told him off. I tried to give the money back to him, but then..”

 

           Sulli and Key exchanged looks, “Then?” Jonghyun blushed slightly, “He um.. Kinda... kissed me.”

 

Key and Sulli looked surprised, and yelled “What?! When?!” at the exact same time. Jonghyun buried his face in his hands. “Last week..” Key looked angry “This happened and you never told me!? Jong!!” Jonghyun whined in the back of his throat. “Okay I want details, what happened next?”

 

Jonghyun sighed, lifting his head up, not looking them in the eye “I kind of yelled at him, and he’s been kind of wooing me. Like giving me things, like gifts and stuff. I don’t know how to react though. It’s driving me crazy.” he whined again, while key patted his shoulder. Sulli suddenly yelled out, “Talking about frogs,” Jonghyun grumbled, “He’s not a frog.” Sulli ignored him, “isn’t that him over there with girlie and the chicken smelling boy?”

 

Jonghyun snapped his head in the direction Sulli was pointing at, just for his eyes to meet Minho’s, who was indeed standing there with Taemin and Onew. He gulped, snapping his gaze at the table. He heard Sulli call them over, and whined pathetically, thinking how he needed new friends. Key just chuckled behind his hand. Taemin ran over, Minho and Onew following silently behind.

 

            “Hi Sulli. Hello um.. I’m sorry, I don’t know your names.” Taemin greeted and bowed to the other two. Key clapped his hands together, “Oh right. Name is Key,” he then pointed to Jonghyun. “That’s Jonghyun.” Jonghyun waved his hand slightly, his head lying on the table, rested in his arms.

 

“Is he alright?” Onew asked quietly, looking at Jonghyuns form. “He’s fine. Just had a rough day, but he’ll get over it.” Key waved dismissively. “Whatever you say.” Onew didn’t look convinced. “Eat with us Oppas!” Sulli grinned at them all, a cute look on her face. “I don’t know. We have somewhere to go soo-” “But Hyung~” Taemin cut Onew off, giving a pouty pleading look, Sulli following Taemin’s lead quickly. Onew sighed. “Fine.” The three of them sat together.

           

 Like this:

            Minho-Jonghyun-Key

        Sulli-Taemin-Onew

           

Jonghyun flinched slightly when he felt Minho’s body brush his own, he glanced up, seeing that Minho was staring at him the whole time. He felt his body flush, and turned his gaze back to the table, not noticing Key’s smirk sent his way.

 

            They talked and ate, while Jonghyun tried to breathe with Minho so close to him. His mind was going insane, so many questions in his head. Why was he reacting this way? Must be teenage hormones. The internet always talks about that! Wait, that means I’m attracted to him.. Well he does have nice eyes, and lips. And his nose is cute too. He also has a nice body.. Stupid Dino, stop staring you ! He’ll notice!

 

 His mental fight was interrupted when a voice behind him said,

            “Well well well. What do we have here?” Jonghyun froze, and slowly turned to look behind himself, his eyes catching the one man he did not want to be around with. The others stopped talking and snapped their gazes at the shady looking man behind Jonghyun.

 

            “W-What are you doing here?” Jonghyun cursed at himself for stuttering. The man chuckled. “It’s the mall. Anyone can be here. Aren’t you being to informal, Pup?”

 

           Jonghyun looked down, and whispered, “Sorry boss.” Key sent him a questioning, wary look which he ignored.

“You know,” The man walked closer to where Jonghyun sat; putting his hands on the table, caging Jonghyun in. “You still owe quite some money.”

Jonghyun swallowed, “I know boss.”

The man grinned, lowering his mouth to the boy’s ear, “I’ll give you a good amount.”

Jonghyun paled. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about”

The man ignored him, “It should be enough for more than half the dept. You’ll only have to work at the club for two more months, and then you’ll free of everything or should I say everyone.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Minho growled. “Are you asking Jonghyun to-”

“Become the clubs personal for a couple nights? Why, yes, I am.” The man said, standing up from his previous position. He looked around the table, a smirk growing on his face. “Looking at the kids at this table, you would all bring good money in. Fresh, clean, innocent.” He glanced at very pale Jonghyun, his smirk growing wider. “Well, some of you are.” Jonghyun lowered his head. Minho, seeing this stood up, and glared at the man, “What do you mean by that?”

He grinned. “What do you think?” The man turned around, leaving the table. Taemin tugged on Minho’s shirt, tugging the fusing boy back down to his seat. Key glanced worriedly at Jonghyun who was shaking. “Jong.. What he said.. Did he mean..?”

“I-I...” Jonghyun bit his lip, panicking, and then bolted out of his chair, running out of the food court.

“Jonghyun!” Sulli yelled, standing up. Key stopped her, and pointed at the now empty seat where Minho used to sit. “I don’t know why, but I have a feeling he’ll be able to handle it. And he has more of a chance of catching up to Jonghyun then we do.”

Sulli nodded sadly, head lowered, eyes glossy. Taemin looked at her direction, and then reached over grabbing her hand. “It will be alright. You’ll see.” He smiled at her. Sulli nodded, tightening her hold on his hand. “I hope so.” She whispered.

--

Sorry I haven't updated for so long. A month. sers. But I have a lot of crap happening right now: Just moved, parents divorce, exams, I'm sick, and I'm having sleeping problems. So updating was a challenge this month. I'll try to update more regularly but can't promise anything.

Enjoy.