Chapter 8

Beautiful Stranger

 

 

The sound of a camera going off woke Minho up, and when he opened his eyes he was surprised to be staring at Taemin holding up a camera to his face.

“You guys are really cute hyung, right Sulli?”

“Neh, oppa. You two are too cute!” Sulli squealed, standing beside Taemin, her phone in her hand. Not knowing what was going on, his mind still fogged up from just waking up, Minho noticed that arms were wrapped around his torso. His eyes trailing the arms, he saw and felt Jonghyun completely wrapped around him, hugging him close. Blushing, Minho stared at the cute boy as he slept. Hearing giggling, he saw Taemin and Sulli looking at him knowingly.

“Just get out already!” Minho whispered, “You’ll wake him up!”

Taemin grinned, whispering back, “And that would be a bad thing, since you’re obviously not done staring at him.” Sulli giggled even louder, but listened to Minho, dragging Taemin out the door and shut it behind them.

Minho sighed, snuggling into Jonghyun, for he couldn’t resist it, he slowly drifted asleep.

--

“inho… Minho.” Minho groaned feeling something poking him in the side. “Minho!” Minho opened his eyes, just to stare directly into the eyes of his puppy. Jonghyun blushed a bit, and poked his side, “Can you let me go? I have to use the bathroom.” Jonghyun whispered shyly, and Minho blushed bright red, letting go of Jonghyuns waist immediately.

“Sorry about that.” He said, getting up from the bed. Jonghyun laughed, “It’s okay.”

“Um, Minho.” Minho smiled at Jonghyun, while fixing up his side of the bed. “Yes?”

“I um, will be cooking for you right? So I’ll go make breakfast if you wish?”

Minho smiled at the worried boy, and said, “If you wish to you can. Oh and Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun smiled at him, “Yes?”

“Would you, um” Minho rubbed the back of his neck, “like to stay here in the house?”

Jonghyun blinked, curious and a little amused. “What?”

“I-I mean, it would be easier for you to cook, we could take you to school with us and.. only if you want too!”

“I would have to talk to my grandparents…” Jonghyun said unsure.

Minho smiled a little embarrassed, “Of course, we could talk to them later if you wish?”

Jonghyun nodded, a little worried what his grandparents would say, after all how would you react if you heard your grandson was moving in with someone they never even seen before?

--

The school day went quickly and before Minho and Jonghyun knew it, they were standing in front of Jonghyuns grandparents small little farm house.

“here we go.” Jonghyun whispered, inserting his house key and opening the door.

“Grandma, Grandpa, I’m home!” Jonghyun said, walking in with Minho at his side. They took off their shoes and walked into the quiet home.

“Oh, Jonghyun-ah, how was school?” Said a small older lady, a small smile on her face.

“It was okay. I have to talk about something with you and Grandpa, is he home?”

“Yes, he’s in the backyard, I’ll go call him.” She nodded her head, and continued, “Who’s this with you?”

“This is Minho.” Jonghyun said, Minho bowing in greeting,

“Nice to meet you, Mrs..?”

“Just call me Mrs. Kim, child. It is a pleasure to meet you. Jonghyun, bring him into the living room, we will talk there yes?”  The elderly lady said softly, and after Jonghyun brought Minho into the living room, she proceeded at calling her husband from the backyard.

Jonghyun sat beside Minho on a small sofa that face to small chairs.

“She seems nice.” Minho said, starting a small conversation.

“She is. She is too sweet for words.” Jonghyun said, still looking worried.

“Then why are you so fearful right now?” Minho asked, not sure of why Jonghyun would be so scared of his grandparents.

“She’s sweet, but my grandfather is a little on the blunt, traditional side..”

“So what is it you wanted to speak about with us?” An elderly man interrupted, coming into the room, Mrs. Kim following behind him. He had sharp facial features, his piercing eyes seemingly going right through them. He sat down on one of the chairs, his wife taking the one beside him on his right.

Jonghyun looked at his grandfather and said, “You know how Dad had a dept and we couldn’t afford to pay it off right?” Jonghyuns Grandfather nodded, “Yes, yes, get on with it boy.”

“Well, Minho paid it off for me.” Jonghyun said bluntly, stuttering slightly.

Mr. Kim, leaning forward with his chin rested on his folded hands said, “Really now?” Mrs. Kim looked astonished at this letting out an uncertain reply, “But it cost so much, surely he only helped pay a bit not the whole thing.”

Jonghyun shook his head, a little embarrassed “No, he paid for it all.”

Mr. Kim stared at Minho, “And why would you do that?” He said.

After thinking, Mr. Kim spoke up again.

 “Are you after my grandson?” He asked bluntly, causing Jonghyun to blush slightly and Mrs. Kim to smack Mr. Kim’s arm. “Honey, don’t be so rash.”

Minho though, not bothered, said a clear and confident, “Yes, I am actually.”

Mr. Kim and Minho stared at each, neither dropping their gazes. After what seemed to be many minutes of Jonghyun and Mrs. Kim glancing between the two, Mr. Kim finally broke their staring contest, saying. “I approve of him. He has a strong gaze, which is good for a boy his age. Jonghyun, why did you not speak of this boy earlier? Surely you weren’t embarrassed by this young man were you?”

Jonghyun, flustered, replied, “I’m sorry Granddad, by I guess it slipped my mind?” Mr. Kim tsked. “Well, from now on I want to hear everything there is to hear you got me. And you boy,” He continued looking straight at Minho, “You take good care of him, you hear me?”

Minho nodded, smiling as he said, “Of course I will.”

“Now, Jonghyun, go pack your things and go.”

Jonghyun widened his eyes, “W-What?”

Mr. Kim laughed, “Obviously you didn’t come here just to tell me about him paying of the dept! I know you would be like your grandmother and want to pay him back. How do you think me and your grandmother got together in the first place?”

Mrs. Kim blushed slightly, a soft smile on her face, “He helped my father with the farm when he was sick, and as a token of gratitude, my father gave him my hand in marriage after noticing my affection for him and his for me.”

Minho smiled, “That’s sweet.” Mr. Kim smiled as well, replying, “It was meant to be, wasn’t it darling?” After getting a small giggle out of Mrs. Kim, Mr. Kim stood up, looking at Jonghyun, “What are you still doing here boy? Go up stairs and pack like I told you!”

Nodding Jonghyun started his way upstairs, but before Minho could follow him, Mr. Kim grabbed him by the arm. “Now listen boy and listen well, I care for my family, and when I say I will kill you if you do anything my grandson I can assure you I am not lying.” Minho nodded in understanding, “I understand, and I promise I would rather die than hurt him. I’m surprised though, you are okay with same relationships?”

Mr. Kim grinned, “I may be old, but don’t put me in the same boat as most stereotypical old men, I moved on with the times. Now, one more thing, and remember this well.”

Minho nodded, Mrs. Kim looking at her husband with curiosity,

“Make sure you’re careful with Jonghyun, he is a very sensitive boy, and also, never forget to use protecti-” Mrs. Kim slapped a hand over her husband’s mouth yelling, “Honey!”

Minho blushed, “I’m going to help Jonghyun.” He said, running up the stairs, into the room he could see Jonghyun packing in, hearing Mrs. Kim scold Mr. Kim who laughed loudly behind him. Shutting the door, Jonghyun looked at him startled. “What’s wrong?” He asked taking in notice Minho’s red face.

Grinning, Minho looked at Jonghyuns confused face, “I just love you granddad that’s all.”

Jonghyun looked at him weirdly, but continued to pack with Minho’s help.