Chapter 7

Beautiful Stranger

 

After placing Jonghyun onto his bed, Minho went down to the living room, just staring at the TV as it played.

I wonder how I can help him. He has so much pride; I doubt he will let me pay off his dept…

Deep in his thoughts, he hadn’t notice how much time had flown by, nor did he hear when footsteps echoed behind him.

“Minho?”

Snapping out of his gaze he looked at Jonghyun.

“You're awake.” Standing up, Minho walked over to the smaller male, “Are you feeling alright? If you’re hungry I can make you something to eat.”

Jonghyun only nodded, so Minho assumed he was hungry and began to lead Jonghyun into the kitchen. After asking Jonghyun to sit in one of the island chairs, Minho grabbed some ingredients from the fridge and covers.

“What are you making?” Jonghyun asked silently

“Kimchi Jjigae.”

Nodding Jonghyun studied his hands, tracing the lines, and cleaning his finger nails. “Sounds good…”

Minho glanced back at the quiet man, and asked, “You sure you’re okay?”

Jonghyun sighed, “Actually, not really.” He whispered, now just staring at the table, his hand linked into his lap.

“You want to talk about it?” Minho asked caringly.

Jonghyun thought about it, wondering if that was a good idea or not, but in the end decided that he might as well.

“When I was younger, my mom disappeared. No one knows where she went, or why she left, but after she was gone my father got into things like drugs and alcohol. He lost his job, and we were living off my grandparents at the time. He got into some trouble with drug dealers, and borrowed money from his ‘friend’ also known as my boss. He borrowed 8.5 million won.” Noticing the shocked looked the Minho sent him, Jonghyun replied, “Yes, I know, it’s a lot. But that’s not all. My father died of alcohol poisoning, and since his friend put interest on the dept he didn’t pay, it was 2.5 billion won. I didn’t want my grandparents to worry, they had enough to worry about already, and I decided to negotiate with my father’s ‘Buddy’. We made a deal, and now I work with him. It’s only been 3 months now though, and I hadn’t even begun to touch the amount I owe.” Jonghyun sighed, closing his eyes. “Because I owed so much, and I didn’t want to be in dept forever, I asked to make a deal with the boss… He said he would take off 2.5 million won, if I… gave him personal service for a week… At first I didn’t want too, but as time went by I got desperate, and agreed.” Jonghyuns voice trembled slightly, and he felt tears swarm his eyes again. Gulping, he looked at Minho, who had put his pot of kimchi jigae on shimmer, and was now sitting in front of him. “You can’t tell anyone. I haven’t even told my grandparents yet.” Jonghyun said, trying not to cry.

Minho reached over, grabbing onto Jonghyuns hands that were gripping the table. Holding the softly in his hands, he replied, looking deep into Jonghyuns eyes, “I wouldn’t dream of it. Your secret is my secret.” Smiling, Minho leaned over, pecking Jonghyun on the forehead. Standing, Minho went over to the covers, and grabbed some cups, ignoring the Jonghyuns flustered face.

“You want some apple juice?”

Jonghyun let out a soft sure, touching his forehead gently. Minho poured them their glasses, and sat in front of Jonghyun. As they drank in silence, Minho stopped, and looked at Jonghyun.

“Let me help you.”

“Eh?”

Jonghyun looked at Minho, staring at him when he noticed the serious look on Minho’s face.

“I want to help you with your dept. At least let me help you find a different job.”

Jonghyun looked down. “It’s not that simple. I can’t leave just like that. I wrote a contract saying I would stay till I paid of the dept.”

“Then I’ll buy you from them.”

“What?” Jonghyun said, staring at Minho in shock. “What do you mean?”

“I will pay them as much as they want to get you out of there. Then I could pay of the dept.”

Jonghyun, shocked at this idea, said, “But already told you, it is my dept, I should pay it off. I don’t want pity money.”

“And I told you that it isn’t pity money, I’m doing this because I want too. Please Jonghyun.” Minho begged, feeling the need to take Jonghyun away from that place.

“But… I would need to pay you back somehow, or I could never life it down.” Jonghyun stated.

Thinking, Minho rubbed his chin. “How about… you work for me?”

Raising one of his eyebrows, Jonghyun looked at him. “What do you mean work for you? Doing what?”

Minho scratched his head, “I don’t know. Do you know how to cook?”

Jonghyun frowned. “After mom died I had to learn. I didn’t want grandma to have too much on her plate.”

Minho smiled. “Then from now on you are this household’s cook! We’ll go to the club tonight, and pay those bastards their money.” Minho got up, and walked to the stove, lifting the lid, trying the red liquid inside,

“Perfect.”

--

Jonghyun and Minho sat on the couch together, watching TV, when they heard the front door open.

“We’re back!”

Onew yelled, Taemin, Sulli and Key following behind him. Removing their shoes, they walked into the living room, relieved to see Jonghyun all in one piece.

“Thank god you’re alright.” Sulli whispered, running over and hugging Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled slightly patting her on the back.

“Way to make us worried. Please, next time just talk to us. My life has so much drama.” Key sighed, arms crossed on his chest, though a smile was on his face.

Laughing slightly, Sulli let Jonghyun go, not noticing Taemin staring between them questioningly.

“So, are you going to tell us what that was all about?” Key asked, still curious about what happened and the reason behind it.

Jonghyun glanced at Minho, who nodded encouraging him, “Onew hyung, Taemin, come with me to the kitchen to grab some drinks will you?”

Minho grabbed Onews and Taemin’s arms dragging them out of the room. Now alone, Jonghyun gulped down his nervousness, and began his story after Sulli and Key sat down.

--

“So this whole time, you went through that, and we had no idea.” Key sighed, rubbing his face. Sulli smiled slightly, “Do you want us to go with you and Minho tonight? You know, as moral support?”

Jonghyun thought about it, “I don’t really want you two getting even in the same room as those guys, so I think it is safer for you two to stay here maybe? I will call you when we are done.”

Sulli nodded, smiling at Minho, Taemin and Onew as they came in.

Grinning she said, “Thanks Minho for taking care of my puppy oppa.”

Minho smiled back, “No problem.”

Taemin and Onew glanced at all of them, “What’s going on?”

“Sorry, it’s a secret.” Sulli winked, not noticing Taemin blushing from how cute it was.

The sound of the front door opening and a loud, “Did you miss us~?” flowing into the room gained everyone’s attention.

“Luna, Krystal, Victoria and Nickhun came into the room, pausing when they saw the strangers sitting in the room.

“What are they doing here?” Nickhun asked, staring at the three of them.

“We met in the mall, and spent the day together, deciding to hang out here. That’s all.” Onew explained, putting the drinks on the living room table.

Nickhun nodded, taking a seat, the others following suit.

After a while, Minho looked at the time. Getting up, he looked at Jonghyun.

“Are you ready to go?”

Jonghyun nodded, standing up as well.

“Where you guys going?” Luna asked, tilting her head.

“Just out, we’ll be back in a bit. See you guys.” Minho answered leaving the room. Sulli mouthed, ‘good luck’ to Jonghyun before he left to follow Minho outside the house.

Taemin stood up as well saying, “So, anyone want to play video games?”

--

The drive there was somewhat nerve whacking for Jonghyun, but when he remembered this could be the last time he would have to enter into this awful club, he calmed down just a little bit, but still a little terrified. What if they didn’t let him leave? What if they hurt Minho for even trying to get him out? And what if they did something to him as well? He flinched when Minho held his hand, but quickly relaxed, feeling his emotions cool down.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there for every second. I won’t leave you alone with them.” Reading Jonghyuns mind, Minho whispered encouraging sentences to him for the rest of the ride.

--

Jonghyuns heart beat along with the bass blasting in the club, him feeling more nervous every step he took inside. Minho was standing close to him, their hands brushing against each others as they made it towards the room with ‘Mangers office’ printed on top of it.

Opening the door without knocking, Minho entered first, Jonghyun following closely behind.

The man behind the desk, the same man from the mall, glanced at them from the papers he was reading, his name tag sitting on his desk ‘Minsoo Park’ shining in the light.

“What is it Jong? Shouldn’t you be working?”

He asked with a bored expression, glancing between the two of them curiously. Jonghyun flinched when his eyes met the cruel eyes of .

“I-I um…”

“I’m here to pay of his dept.” Minho said loudly, not showing any emotion as he looked him straight in the eye.

 Minsoo looked interested. “And how would you like to do that?” he asked snickering, finding this amusing. “You do know how much that dept is?”

Minho didn’t say anything, pulling out a check and pen. Filling in all the information, he put in the name shown on the name tag, and preceded to his desk.

“Here,” Minho slapped the check on the man’s desk. “There’s your money, plus a little extra to keep you from ever coming close to him again. Now if you excuse me, I and Jonghyun will be taking our leave. Have a nice day sir.”

Grabbing Jonghyuns hand and leaving the now gabbing man behind, Minho made his way out of the club, Jonghyun just staring at the back of his head in awe.

--

Finally reaching Minho’s home, Jonghyun and Minho entered, surprised to see no one in the living room. Going up stairs after taking of their shoes, Minho opened Onews door seeing him a key sleeping. Closing the door behind them, Minho looked at Jonghyun.

“Your friends are sleeping over; did you want to as well?”

“If it’s not too much trouble.” Jonghyun replied.

“Great. I guess you can borrow my pajamas. Follow me then.”

Going down the hall and entering Minho’s room, Minho went through his drawer and handed Jonghyun a shirt and sweat pants.

“Sorry if their too big on you, that shirt should be alright, since it’s too small for me. I’ll go change in the bathroom.”

--

When Minho came back, he blushed slightly at the cute boy in front of him.

‘This is going to be a long night.’

Jonghyun stood in front of the bed, Minho’s shirt hugging his frame perfectly, showing his S line. The baggy pants being a bit too long were rolled up, showing some of Jonghyuns tan skin. Minho gulped.

Handing Jonghyun an unused toothbrush, he told Jonghyun where the bathroom was, and proceeded to put a pillow and small blanket on the small couch against the wall.

Jonghyun walked back in the room after a few minutes of washing up, and was surprised to see Minho on the couch.

“I should take the couch, you already done so much for me as it is, I don’t want your back to be soar.”

Jonghyun said, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

“No way am I making you take the couch. It doesn’t bother me at all to sleep here.” Minho said stubbornly.

Jonghyun pouted, then blushed slightly as he whispered, “We could sleep together if you want.”

Minho stared at him in shock before saying, “Really? Are you sure your okay with that?”

Jonghyun nodded, hopping into bed, leaving room for Minho to crawl in.

Grabbing his pillow, Minho turned the light off and lay beside Jonghyun.

“Night Minho.” Jonghyun said with his eyes closed.

“Goodnight.” Minho said, gazing at Jonghyuns peaceful face in front of him.

‘This is so going to be a long night.’ Minho sighed, trying to fall asleep like the now sleeping boy beside him.

--

yes, it is me. The person who seemed to have died or something on the lines of that. *bows head to floor* I'm so sorry for the long hiatus. I had major writers block, and my life was choas literally. So now it has somewhat calmed down, I have finally got to the point where I know where I am going with this story.

So I hope you enjoyed this update. <3

Edit#: Noticed I didn't put Jonghyuns boss name in there. Its a made up character (Cause I had no idea what real actor to use) so you can come up with what he looks like :P