Traumatised

The Next Target

Kai opened his eyes after a hard blow landed on his left side profile. His vision started to come back from the blurriness. He put both of his arm back on each of his sides, displaying his respectful manner towards the person before him.

 

“I want you to prove me that I can rely on you. I will not tolerate this kind of ignorant mistake coming from my agents.” The voice sounded demanding, filled with authority.

 

The man turned away facing his giant window, facing the landscape of Seoul. Kai knew, that was the end of the conversation, so he bowed and disappeared after closing the door behind him.

 

JUNO let out a heavy sigh. He was never a fan of violence when it comes to disciplining. But he just lost it for a moment.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Dad, no” 15-year-old Kim Junho cried out desperately as he watched his dad’s office explode, as he crawled weakly after being thrown from the explosion.

 

Junho looked around looking for any other survivors, his eyes widened as he realized he was alone. He frantically screamed for his other half as he forced himself to stand up with all his might.

 

He then spotted a figure under a blazing brick, he moved closer despite the heat and threw the brick away, freeing the person underneath it. Junho tapped the person’s cheeks, trying to make the person regained his consciousness, as he wiped his blurry eyes with his once clean sleeve. He could not bear watching his only family member died in one night.

 

The person’s eyelids started to flutter open and blinked a few times before meeting Junho’s teary eyes. The brothers then found themselves in an overwhelming hug, they were clutching desperately onto each other, sharing their loss and sorrow.

 

They knew, they only have each other.

 

                                                                                                                                     ***

 

The Kim twins dressed in black suits, stood side by side looking at their father’s grave. People started to leave one by one, leaving only the two of them. Junho felt a bandaged hand squeezing his shoulder comfortingly, he looked at his older twin.

 

“Let’s go rebuild Dad’s office, I’m sure that is what he wants from us.” His twin said.

 

Junho fell into silence before finally answering.

 

“With a whole new system and training, I do not want to make the same mistake like how Dad did.”

 

“What do you mean by that? Do you want to build a whole new system and just abandon Dad’s everything?” His twin rebuked.

 

“All of this mess happened because of the wrong system and that allowed agents backstabbed us! Yet you want everything to happen all over again?!” Junho shook with anger.

 

“Junho, let’s go home and calm yourself. Your sadness is taking the best of you right now.” His twin was still calm as ever, despite fighting his own tears. He put his hand around Junho’s shoulder and tried to get him to leave the graveyard.

 

Junho struggled and pushed his arm away, “No, you can go rebuild it. But, I’m not coming with you. I can never.” He saw all those painful memories again in his head and flinched.

 

The two brothers looked at each other in a painful silence. Finally, the older twin broke the silence.

 

“Fine, if that’s what you want. Take care, brother.” Junho could not believe what he just heard, as he witnessed his one and only family member walking away from him.

 

“Junsu, come back here! You can’t do this; I won’t allow you to!” Junho cried, but Junsu never looked back.

 

Junho’s knees gave away as he hit the ground, crying in despair.

 

                                                                        ***

 

JUNO snapped back to reality, he knew he never hated his brother and that it was none of them’s fault. Agents betrayal can happen anywhere, anytime. But JUNO just could not admit it, and he thought they should just go on their separate ways if they have different perspectives.

 

Ever since, JUNO has started to discipline the agents with coldness, the exact opposite way his father used to treat the agency like a big family, the same way his brother use to rebuild the agency. He could not make sense how a family can betray one another.

 

His past would not let him; he was drowned in his trauma.

 

He was afraid to be hurt by his loved ones, he still is.

 

                                                                                                                                   ***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soooo, that was how JUNO and XIAH (his twin?!) went to their seperate ways and started different agency. 

I hope you all can get the picture how their agency become big rivals.

Now, who's ready for some #kaistal? Put your hands up!