The Training Begins

Missing Civilization: What is Hidden in the Dark

 

The seven boys sat watching as the man came and got Minhyuk and Daehyun to take them to where they were going to be training for the next few weeks. They both bid the others good-bye and the others watched the two as they left.

“We’re heading to the sanctuary, which is where you two will be staying.” Said the man, the two nodded, “Minhyuk you know the lay out and rules of the sanctuary so you can go to the fire temple by yourself, alright?”

The male nodded and the man then turned towards the younger of the two following him, “Daehyun-ah, you will be staying in the sanctuary as well, however you will be in the living quarters in the sanctuary…there are a lot of Half-breeds who are still alive. To be honest there are more half-breeds than full-breeds now-a-days.”

They then passed into a tunnel that had grass marking the floors, Daehyun looked down amazed, however when he looked since light was hitting him, his jaw dropped at the beautiful sight, there was a large room in there as well, crystals marked the ceiling of the cave in this area, and the ceiling of what seemed to be the living quarters was also made of crystals, like in the other area, there was a hole letting the light from outside of the cave in. Around the living quarters sat five different tunnels, one was glowing red, the one to the right of it green, the one beside it yellow, the one beside it green, and the final brown.

The boy looked around, “Do those tunnels lead to the temples?”

The man nodded and watched as Minhyuk headed towards the red tunnel, a smile crossed the old man’s face, even though no one could see it. As he walked into the living quarters with Daehyun the half-breeds bowed to the man who waved them all off before passing into a room with large doors, when they stepped in they saw a black haired male sitting on a mat meditating.

“Kyu…” said the superior, the man on the mat moved and opened his eyes staring blankly at the grans superior. The man then stood up and moved towards Daehyun, observing the boy, “This is your new trainee.”

The man nodded and moved back again, “Daehyun-ah, come on in and sit down on any of the mats…”

The boy nodded and moved to sit on the green mat, which was just below a beautiful crystal structure. The man known as Kyu gasped and looked at the grand superior, saying, “Be glad that the boys choose Daehyun-ah, because he’ll be very useful to them in the battle to come.”

The man smiled, “Alright…I’ll be sure to tell Minhyun that when he wakes up.”

Kyu nodded, “I’m sorry, my lord, but I must ask you to leave.”

“Don’t worry, I need to get going anyways…I’ve got some boys to train anyways,” Said the man, leaving.

 

Minhyuk took hesitant steps down the red tunnel; the heat was slowly becoming unbearable. The boy looked around and took a deep breath after seeing the pictures of dragons and men using fire on the wall. The boy knew he was going to have to meet the last dragon that was alive; all the others had vanished when the humans started to invade their land and so this was the only one that was known to be alive.

“Minhyuk-ah…I was hoping you’d come.” Said a sliver haired old man, his hair was long and braided in the back, his beard was just as long, but wasn’t braided. The man his beard with a smile on his face as he stood in a red kimono looking at the boy in front of him, “Come in the dragon is waiting for you…”

Minhyun nodded nervously and walked across the little rock bridge, making sure to stay in the middle of it, not wanting to fall into the flowing magma below him, he stepped into the temple and the sliver haired male shut the doors behind him and then handed him his own kimono, the younger male took the kimono happily and changed into it, as soon as he put it on, he felt cooler.

“It’s a heat resistant kimono,” Said the man, looking at the boy in front of him, “It’ll allow you to train with no problem, however once you truly master fire you won’t need it because you will be one with the heat of the flames and magma.”

The boy nodded, “Alright, sir.”

“Come with me, we must head to the dragon’s chamber…” said the man, the sixteen year old nodded and followed the man up multiple sets of stairs, the glowing red crystals marked the ceiling everywhere, creating light for the tunnels and making everything glow a beautiful shade of red.

Soon the two came to a large chamber with a thin walk way that weaved back an forwards, the walk was so thin that only one foot could fit on it, so he would have to balance himself while walking in order to not fall into the magma in the pool below the stone walkway, he looked towards the large door on the other side of the room, two dragon statues sat on either side of it and lava was flowing constantly out of their mouths. From the breaths coming from the other side of the door, he knew the dragon was on the other side. He took a deep breath; the first firer user was just a thin door away. He looked at the beautiful doorway, but was distracted by the horrible heat waves he could see but couldn’t feel.

Soon they stepped off of the narrow path and onto the safer stone floors of one of the innermost chambers of the temple where they both took off their shoes and walked on the hot stone, Minhyuk flinched at the feeling at first however as he continued to walk the feeling vanished soon he walked to the doors that opened and revealed a gigantic lava pit just inches below the edge of the small ledge he was to stand on. The sage of the temple looked at Minhyuk, pushing the boy into the room before closing the door.

As he stood there, he admired the room, looking at the tall ceiling and the deep, large red lake. He really couldn’t feel the heat at all, however he could feel a odd power growing with in him. Suddenly the ground shook and a large, long red dragon emerged from the magma, scaring the boy half to death as he stood there. The dragon floated over the boys head and looked at him judging the boy to see weither or not he was worthy of working for the title of fire master. As he observed the boy’s stance and constant awareness, he decided that the boy was in fact worthy of being tested for the title Fire master.

 

“Where is the old man?” asked Youngwon.

“I don’t know but I’m tired…” muttered a pouting Minseok, “Why did he wake us up so early?”

Seungjun looked at the youngest and pushed the younger’s head against his shoulder, “Just sleep against me and shut up, ok? I’ll wake you up when he comes back.”

The younger boy looked at the older male with the cutest, puppy like eyes ever, “Really?”

The older nodded, “Really, now sleep.”

The youngest nodded happily and within three seconds was out sleeping. Soohyun looked around, “It’s weird…”

“What is?” asked Youngwon, looking at his twin curiously.

“It’s weird without Daehyun being beside me…” muttered Soohyun.

“Hyung, do you like Daehyun?” asked Youngwon, looking at his older twin.

“N-no! He’s just my friend.”

“So you do like him.”

“As a friend.”

“Sure…”

“Both of you stop.” Muttered Min Jun, looking up into the hole in the rock, looking up at the sky that was visible through there, he smiled as he watched the clouds pass.

Kris looked at Soohyun, “It really is weird not having the person you’re normally teamed up with not here…Right, JeBim?”

The younger male nodded, still a little dazed as he thought about all that had happened since they got to the city, thinking about the fact that two people they thought they knew were actually strangers to them but acted close in order to protect their people and to gather people to help protect not only their world inside the mountain, but the world outside of it as well. They had been lied to this whole time but at the same time it was like nothing had happened. He sighed, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging them close.

“What’s wrong JeBim?” asked Kris, kneeling down beside the boy he grew up with.

“Do you really think we’ll be able to take on that monster they say lives in the shrine?”

The older male nodded and ruffled the younger’s hair, “I’m positive…After all, if we couldn’t why would they bring us here?”

“Because they promised our parents to take care of us.” Muttered JeBim, “That’s what Minhyun continuously said to us, wasn’t it?”

“Did you not pay attention to everything they said? This training that both they are we are going through is necessary for this world’s survival,” Muttered Youngwon, looking at the younger, “They said themselves that they need a small army to get into the shrine, let alone attack the ‘minions’ and monster there. They knew that if we trained we’d be able to team up like our parents did before us and take down our enemies…We may struggle a bit, but that’s usually what happens…So, don’t think too much about it, alright?”

The younger male nodded, “Alright hyung…”

“Hey, the old man’s back…” called Seungjun; he shook the magnae awake the younger blinked at him cutely before looking around and spotting the man coming towards them.

“Does anyone have fighting experience out of you all?” asked the man.

Kris raised his hand, “My parents taught me to fight so that I could protect myself.”

The man nodded, “Anyone else?”

“I was taught in hand to hand combat by Minhyun…” muttered Seungjun.

“I used to be a gang lord in the underground.” Muttered Min Jun, Minseok and JeBim looked at him in shock, they hadn’t know about their older brother being in a gang.

“Very well then, you three will start sparing today so I can see what level your skills are on, as for the other four of you, you will be practicing the basics today,” Muttered the man, the four nodded in understanding, knowing that they weren't at the sparing level just yet.

 

No comment.

Hopefully this story isn't slipping down the tubes like I think it is...