Traps?

Missing Civilization: What is Hidden in the Dark

 

Myungsoo stood in front of the boys alongside Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Dongjun in the forest where Minhyun and Seungjun had reported seeing them wondering around at night. Myungsoo looked over all the boys and then made eye contact with Minhyun, “You said you sat them on the path to the right, right?”

Minhyun nodded.

“Alright…the four of us will be investigating the area, while we do that Minhyun take the other boys and start searching for the base.” Said Myungsoo, the oldest boy nodded and headed to the left. Myungsoo then looked at the others, “You all are a part of his team now, he’s the leader and so you must listen to him, alright?”

The boys nodded.

Myungsoo smiled and then looked at the boys, “Then get going…He’s not one to make angry…”

“Yeah, I can back you up on that…” muttered Minhyuk, agreeing with what Myungsoo said about his older brother.

The boys then left and followed Minhyun to the left of the path; they walked through a thin nodded area and into a clearing where Minhyun stood glancing around cautiously before turning and looking at the other boys who all was looking around curiously as well.

“We’re going to be splitting up into groups of two…” muttered Minhyun, “We are searching for the monster’s hide out, ok? If you spot them or hear anything, be sure to move away as fast as you can, but remember the location. If you spot anything like steps that lead underground or some sort of tunnel in the mountain fine me or Seungjun straight away and we’ll gather group to investigate them. If you find anything you have to report it to me immediately, ok?” The boys all nodded and Minhyun looked at Seungjun, “You can split them up now…”

Seungjun nodded and looked at the younger males and the two older males, “The groups are: Minhyuk and Kris, Min Jun and Youngwon, Soohyun and Daehyun, JeBim under your father’s request you will be with Minhyun, and Minseok under your father’s request you will be with me.”

The boys all nodded and Minhyun spoke again, “JeBim and I will be searching this meadow and the surrounding woods, Seungjun take Minseok, Soohyun, and Daehyun to the lake and search that area; Minhyuk you take Kris, Min Jun and Youngwon with you to the mountain and start searching there, alright?”

The boys nodded and their teams moved out, leaving Minhyun and JeBim. The two automatically began to search the meadow in silence, as they moved around the meadow and moved closer to the shrine, Minhyun picked up the feeling of being watched. He stood up straight and cautiously looked around, catching movement in the corner of his eye, he spun around quickly, grabbing JeBim and made the younger male stand behind him as he looked at the shrine in awareness, the younger male behind him suddenly whimpered and he spun around to see that the boy was gripping onto something that was on his throat.

The older’s eyes widened in realization, glancing around and noticing the fog that had begun to settle in the area, they had been around them this whole time. They had been listening to everything they had said. They had tricked the two of them…they had tricked him yet again.  Minhyun looked at the younger male and began thrashing out, hoping to hit the creature that was currently gripping onto the younger’s throat, suddenly he head a hiss and saw JeBim collapse onto his hands and knees, panting as he took freezing cold air into his lungs, he glanced around and his heart fell seeing the fog that was falling around them rather rapidly, he looked at the older male who was looking around frantically, his hand clenched into fists.

“What is going on?” asked JeBim, noticing that the older had automatically pulled him off the ground and away from the shrine. The older didn’t answer the question; he just pulled out his phone and called someone.

“We need help now…” muttered the older male, “They’re living in the shrine, I’m sure of it. As soon as we came close to the shrine the surrounding area rapidly vanished due to fog. I’m still injured and I know that there is no way in hell that I’ll be able to take them all on by myself…” The older male paused for a minute, listening to the person on the other side of the line, “How many of them? Thousands from the sound of it…”

JeBim looked at the older curiously, straining his ears to listen, however he heard nothing except for his breaths as the two ran across the meadow with the fog growing thicker and thicker around them, and Minhyun’s voice. Suddenly the older one was tackled to the ground, a dark form laid over top of him. JeBim stared at the thing in horror, the creature’s sharp claws were pointing towards the older male’s throat, the thing’s skin was yellow and even green in some places, his eyes were a void of any emotion and were glowing red, it’s teeth were sharp and a nasty blackish brown color. Before the younger male examine the thing anymore, he felt a pain surging through his back and head, collapsing to the ground while staring right at Minhyun as he lay painfully on the ground, staring at Minhyun who was once again on his feet and fighting multiple human like creatures however as soon as the older glanced at him, he saw fear flash through the elder’s eyes, which made him lower his guard for a minute and as soon as he did that, he was hit harshly on the head and collapsed to the ground in a heap of blooded limbs, the younger soon followed the older’s fate and his eyes had fallen closed, his mind blank. However as he lost conscious the older male’s voice echoed in his head.

“There are far too many for me to take on…especially when I can’t awaken myself fully with him here...it's far too early to expose Minhyuk and I...”

 

Meanwhile at the lake, Daehyun froze hearing the voices and understanding the words being spoken, the feeling in his gut appeared again and he turned towards the way the four had come to the lake from, his eyes scanning over the trees there, he looked up at the sky and saw extremely low clouds heading towards that area.

“Food…” croaked a deep yet feminine voice, “Bring me food…bring me the people who destroyed my first off spring and his minions he changed years ago…bring me their off springs so I can get back at them for killing mine…”

Daehyun shivered as the feminine voice rang through his head yet again, “Bring me them all let me eat both those who killed my offspring and those people’s offspring and anyone who gets in your way…They will pay…for making me into the horrid thing I am today…all humans will…I will change them all into my minions…”

“Daehyun…” muttered a voice, breaking the boy’s concentration and aiding him to get the voice out of his head. The boy blinked and looked at Soohyun, who was looking at him in wonder, “What was wrong you just zoned out and completely ignored Seungjun and Minseok calling for you…”

“Something is wrong…” whispered Daehyun, looking at Soohyun, “Something is horribly wrong…”

“What do you mean?” asked Soohyun, looking at Daehyun, concerned with the way the younger was acting.

“There is something out there, something that is controlling them…It’s angry with us…” muttered Daehyun.

“Why?” asked Soohyun, “How do you know this?”

“It’s not of much importance right now…” muttered Daehyun, answering the older male’s second question first, “The thing is angry with us because our fathers killed it’s offspring…it wants to kill not only our fathers but us as well as revenge…Hyung we need to go back to the meadow…” Daehyun had a desperate look in his eyes, “If we don’t something terrible is going to happen to Minhyun and JeBim.”

“Don’t come…gather the others and flee, I’ll get JeBim out of here and we’ll talk about your little gift…” the two looked around in shock hearing Minhyun’s voice. The two looked up and saw that Seungjun and Minseok were looking around as well from the opposite side of the lake. “Get out while you can the fog it expanding towards you…”

The two looked at Seungjun and Minseok, both of whom were running towards the woods on their left, which would lead them towards the path they came from, after a short walk in the woods. The two took off running after them, not wanting to be split up, especially not in a time like now. The four entered the woods and finally regrouped, heading straight, avoiding trees and tree branches, they heard the wind blowing and looked at each other in fear, the wind was picking up and blowing in an abnormal direction, however it suddenly stopped and Daehyun felt a pain surge up his side causing him to collapse onto his knees, gripping onto his side painfully, writing as it continued to surge up his side and a light fog gathered around them. The three others stopped and ran back to him after finally noticing that he was missing. Seungjun looked at him worriedly and then in the direction Minhyun was in.

“Daehyun, what is wrong?” asked Seungjun.

Daehyun shrugged, not knowing himself, “I think something horrible is happening…”

The four flinched as they heard an high pitched scream which echoed through their brains they all looked at each other in confusion.

“Now is not the time to just sit here…” muttered Seungjun, noticing that the fog had begun to thicken around them, even though it was slow, he could tell, “We need to go…Minhyun did something to stop the fog from expanding so we need to get going…while he still has a hold on it.”

The others nodded and stood up, well Daehyun attempted to, but nearly collapsed to the ground again, Soohyun kneeled down in front of him, “Climb onto my back, quickly…”

The boy nodded and climbed onto the older male’s back, the four then started to move quickly, as Daehyun held onto Soohyun tightly, the thought running through his mind blocking everything else out, like the fact that Minseok wasn’t complaining for some reason and the magnae looked troubled. His thoughts were on JeBim and Minhyun, both of whom are in the most danger at the moment.

A sudden crack brought them all back to reality, the looked around frantically, the fog was extremely thick, as it surrounded them, and they could barely see each other through the fog. However one thing they did see was their vision turning black as a loud crack sounded and echoed through what seemed like tunnels. Screams left all four of the boys’ throats as they suddenly felt like they were falling. As suddenly as they fell, they stopped and all four of them landed painfully on the ground, however Daehyun’s landing was cushioned by Soohyun, who had somehow shifted their positions around during their fall so that Daehyun was somehow on top of Soohyun and so that their chest were pressed together. Like how Daehyun’s landing was cushioned by Soohyun, Minseok’s was cushioned by the now unconscious Seungjun, who had obviously hit his head off something sharp and something hard, from the bruise and gash that marked the left side of his face.

Minseok looked at Seungjun in worry and looked up at his other two hyungs; he had a feeling in his gut concerning JeBim, his twin.

“H-hyungs…something is wrong with JeBim…” muttered Minseok, before looking back down at Seungjun worriedly and seeing that the blood ran down the side of Seungjun’s face and pooled up on the floor. His heart beat quickened in slight panic and he looked at the other two who were focused on the dark stair case that headed farther underground just feet away from where the other two had landed. He then looked up and saw how far down they were and gasped, the fall had been much farther than it seemed, “Hyungs, where is this place? What are we going to go about Seungjun?”

The two looked at him and shrugged, Daehyun swiftly moved off of Soohyun and looked at the magnae, worry shining in his eyes as well, “I don’t know where this place is either…”

Soohyun shrugged, “I don’t know where we are as well…As for Seungjun-hyung, we’ll wait for him to wake up before moving…surely he’ll know where we’re at.”

The other two nodded and the two moved closer to Seungjun, both looking over the older male’s wound to see the blood still dripping from his head.

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^

-LCBLuvsKpop