Entering the City

Missing Civilization: What is Hidden in the Dark

 

Minhyuk looked at his shocked friends and sighed, “Look, I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true and you’ll see that it is later…”

“What are we going to do now that we’re here? Are the four of us going to have to take on the monster?” asked Min Jun, looking at Minhyuk.

The younger male shook his head, “We’ll take it on when all ten of us are together…We are set to meet here. Minhyun-hyung planned it all; he purposely split us up like he did. He made it so we headed in the direction of the entrance to the city, he made it so the other group of four would fall into the underground passage here…He set it up so he and JeBim would pass through the tunnel that passes the Shrine. Also, all your fathers know about it.”

“What?” said Kris, “They knew about this?”

Minhyuk nodded, “They aided us coming up with this plan.”

“So all of this was your two’s plan?” muttered Min Jun.

Minhyuk nodded yet again, “It was…however, there was one thing that happened that wasn’t in our plans…”

“What?” asked Youngwon, looking at the younger male who was looking over the city, worry covering his face as he thought.

“All Miros, half breed and full breed, have the ability to sense their kin and friend’s presence. As we stood outside earlier, Minhyun’s presence vanished which only happens when you’re in the shrine, before his vanished I could tell he was greatly injured…I fear that the minions of the sealed monster have got him and probably JeBim.” Muttered Minhyuk, “If it is so, they thoroughly messed up our plans…and put Minhyun in great danger as well as JeBim.”

The three looked at him in shock yet again and Kris, put his hand on the younger’s shoulder, hoping to calm him down, “What if he is in the shrine?”

“We might have to enter the shrine earlier than planned…however we’re going to give him three days to escape.” Muttered Minhyuk, “If he is not by that time, we’ll have to enter earlier than planned, ok?”

The three nodded, and Youngwon decided to change the subject, “What do we do now?”

“I’ll take you all to the inn, then you’ll be free to roam the town while I go talk to my superior about somethings regarding the situation we’re in right now, with Minhyun in the shrine already…” said Minhyuk, “Take the next three days to relax and prepare yourself for the battle to come against the minions and the monster who is hidden in the shrine.”

The boys nodded and followed Minhyuk down the multiple stairs, they looked around in wonder and examined the people they walked by, noticing that all of those who had swords of some sort had black cloaks on. Minhyun lead the three to a rather small building.

He then stopped and faced them, “This is the inn, and this is where you all will be staying while we’re here…Now I must take my leave.”

“Can I go with you?” asked Kris, suddenly, “Please?”

Minhyuk looked at him and sighed, “I guess but do not speak, ok?”

“Why?” asked Kris, looking at the younger male curiously.

“The superior is rather short tempered and anything can start her up.” Muttered Minhyuk, “She’s going to be furious that Minhyun was taken, so I don’t need her angrier, ok?”

Kris nodded and followed the younger through the practically empty streets of the humungous city. Meanwhile, Min Jun and Youngwon stood by the inn silently, not sure what to do.

“Let’s go on a walk and explore the town,” Said Youngwon.

Min Jun thought about it for a little bit before nodding, after all they’d be here for the next three days so they should at least know where somethings are located.

 

While the four were in the village, the other four were walking through the tunnel silently, looking around and being cautious, however they heard the wind and knew that they were coming closer to the end of the tunnel, soon they saw the bright exit and all four, including the injured Seungjun, took off running, only to stop as they came to the exit of the tunnel and saw the large city seeing very few people walking around, as they walked closer they heard someone call out for them to stop and so the five did, all a little frightened and confused.

They looked around to see who had yelled at them and to their right stood a girl, two swords drawn out and her dark black hair was pulled back into a high pony tail, making it so her short hair didn’t touch her neck.

“Name yourselves.” Said the girl, her voice cold and demanding, she got into an attack stance.

However Seungjun, spoke up before the others could, “I’m Seungjun, I’m looking for Minhyuk and Minhyun, they should be here in the city already.”

“Ah…so you are my brothers’ recruits, eh?” said the girl, “I’m Park Eunmi, the older sister of Minhyun and Minhyuk…Minhyun is talking to the superior right now, so I’ll just take you the inn, two of your other friends are there at the moment, and Minhyuk should be going back there soon.”

“What about Minhyun?” asked Seungjun, looking at the girl whose crystal blue eyes shone in the moon light?

“My other brother hasn’t returned yet…he was taken to the shrine by some minions, but he should be home soon,” Muttered the girl, smiling.

“Wait, is my brother JeBim here yet?” asked Minseok, worried about his twin.

The lady shook her head, “He isn’t he’s still with Minhyun though, but don’t fear, Minhyun will take care good care of him and should have him back within the next 24 hours.”

The youngest boy nodded and looked at Seungjun as the older rubbed his aching head, only to wince as he touched the crusted blood on the side of his head.

“Do you need to go to the medical clinic?” asked Eunmi, turning her back towards the four and walking away; the four took that as her signal to follow her.

“N-No, I’m good…just give me a first aid kit and I can handle it.”

The girl then took them to the inn.

 

Meanwhile, in the shrine, JeBim’s head ached as he came to and his eyes squeezed shut as a pain shot up his neck as he moved his head a bit nuzzling into the warmth that surrounded him. As he continued to nuzzle into the warmth he felt, he remembered everything that happened before he fell unconscious. Plus as he did so, his neck hurt even more as his head constantly hit his head off of something squishy yet hard. Opening his eyes he looked around cautiously and then noticed that he had somehow gotten onto Minhyun’s back, the older was running at tremendous speed and hundreds and hundreds of minions ran after the two, nearly matching the older male’s pace, suddenly the older male spun around to face the minions and lifted his hand that had previously been on JeBim’s thigh, as soon as he lifted his hand a flash of light appeared and all the minions revealed to the light collapsed and turned to ash, blowing away and getting replaced by more minions that were charging towards Minhyun yet again, who was running yet again.

“How did you do that?” Asked JeBim, who was surprised by his own voice that was husky for some reason he didn’t know, “Where are we?”

“We’re in the shrine…” panted the older boy, “You’ll find out how I did that in all due time…”

“Are you injured?” whispered JeBim, hearing that the older male seemed strained.

The older shook his head and saved his breath as he continued to run, as he did so, he opened his palm again and sent a wall of light behind himself, wiping out all the minions behind him as he ran with the younger on his back, the younger’s leg was injured and he wasn’t sure if the younger even realized that by himself yet.

“Why can’t you tell me now? Why do I have to wait?” asked JeBim.

However the elder male ignored his question and yet again shot light behind him, soon the older male was running up the stairs and out into the meadow where they were previously attacked. The older let out a groan as he closed his eyes and continued to run while focusing his power to create a burst of light that would clear the fog and wipe out the minions that were roaming in it. Soon a burst of light exploded from his hands and covered the whole area, JeBim was blinded by the light but could still feel the older male running through the light, from the pants of the older male, he could tell he was overexerting himself.

“Why do you keep doing that? You’re going to exhaust yourself.” asked JeBim, hoping that the older would answer it this time.

The older let out another groan as he stumbled when he hit the rock terrain of the mountain, he could see in the bright light that still covered the ground. He then spoke, as he caught his balance for a second time and ran up the side of the mountain towards the tree filled area where the entrance to the city was hidden.

“Because I promised your father that I’d protect you…” muttered Minhyun, passing into the wooded area and dropping the lights finally, he slowed his pace as he came to the tree filled area and entered the cool cave entrance to the city. Silence fell over the younger boy as they entered the cave and he was able to see again, he looked at the older mall that had somehow managed to keep him on his back through all of that.

Soon they came to the exit and JeBim looked around in shock, seeing the city. Minhyun then spoke to JeBim, walking down the many stairs and into the city that sat below the cave they just exited from, “Welcome to the true missing civilization of Miro, home of people like me…the Miro…”

JeBim looked at him in confusion, “What?”

“You’ll have it all explained to you in due time…” muttered Minhyun, falling back into his usual quiet self and carrying JeBim to the inn, as soon as he entered a familiar girl greeted him, “Hey Seoji.”

He then walked right past her and up the stairs and into the room up there, the room was a large one with tons of beds lined up on all sides of the room and even some in the middle. JeBim smiled as he saw the group of eight in the corner, he squirmed a bit and got off of Minhyun’s back, despite the elder’s protest. The boy winced a bit as he stepped down, but forced himself to run to the others who all smiled and greeted him. Minhyuk however frowned and looked past the younger male to the obviously pale Minhyun.

 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. ^^

-LCBLuvsKpop