Epilogue

Missing Civilization: What is Hidden in the Dark

 

Two years had passed and things nearly went back to normal, however the Miro came out from where they lived in the mountain, leaving the temples and their keepers there as well as some of the half-breeds who didn’t want to come out. The Miro began living amongst the people on the island and their culture became the islands culture, Minhyun became the leader of the Miro and worked alongside the village’s counsel daily, taking journeys every now and then into the mountain to check the shrine and the temples as well as the Miro Academy, which was what the town inside the mountain became. Minhyun had to participate in quite a few funerals for the old Miros who passed away; however, the most meaningful one he participated in and would ever participate in was the one for the Old Man whose name would remain unknown to the boys. The old man had lasted two years without any problems, however, he just passed away one day, it was a mystery to everyone but Minhyun who chose to keep the reason a secret.  Over the two years couples developed within the group, some faster than others, and some more predictable than others.

 The boys were all kneeling down with the other Miro, half-breeds, and even a majority of humans who choose to participate in the loved man’s traditional burial. After a half an hour of joint prayers and kneeling, the doors opened and revealed an exhausted Minhyun, who walked out of the shrine and closed the doors behind him, with that the service was over and they all went back to their daily lives, with the exception of the ten boys who had grown to love the old man that now lay with all the past leaders in the shrine.

“This is it isn’t it?” muttered JeBim, leaning against Minhyun, holding his hand as they walked. The two were the most recent of the couples to hook up.

“It should be…” muttered Minhyun, smiling at the younger male, “The next thing that thing should awake, if it will ever reawaken, will be many, many years from now and our descendants will have to handle it…”

“Do you think it would reawaken?” asked Kris, looking between Minhyuk, who was holding his hand, to Minhyun.

Both boys shrugged.

“If it does, it’ll be long after we’re gone,” Said Minjun, who has his arm over Youngwon’s shoulder happily.

They fell into a silence yet again as they headed back to the village, the final two couples were off in their own worlds, Seungjun was whispering sweet nothing’s into Minseok’s ear to quiet the younger’s whines and Daehyun and Soohyun were holding hands, whispering things back to each other happily.

 

Happy, yet poor ending. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the story and I'm sorry if this story disappointed you.

-Lane