The Difference between Light and Fire

Missing Civilization: What is Hidden in the Dark

 

JeBim, Minseok, Daehyun, and Soohyun stood there in shock after Minhyun and Minhyuk explained the complete story about their civilization in the mountain. The others sat there shocked as well after hearing the full story about the people living in there.

“So, the Miro is pretty much beings that were created to protect the shrine and to keep the things sealed inside of it?” muttered Youngwon.

Minhyun nodded, “Which is why we hold special abilities…”

“Such as?” muttered Minseok.

The two Miro brothers looked at each other and then at the boy who had asked the question, Minhyuk was the one who answered, “Such as Minhyun-hyung having control of lights and I have control over fire…”

“It’s more like power…” muttered Daehyun, “I’m a half breed, right? You said I hold abilities like you all but just not the elemental ones…”

Minhyun nodded, “You could call them powers, but that’s beside the point.”

“Which is the stronger ‘ability’?” asked Kris, looking at the two, “Light or Fire?”

“They are of equal strength.” Muttered Minhyuk, glancing out the window in the in, looking up to the opening in the mountain above, seeing that night was falling, “The main thing is that one is the defensive half of an element, and the other is an offensive half of the same element.”

“So light is defensive and fire is offensive?” said Soohyun.

The two nodded, Minhyun then spoke up from where he sat on a bed, leaning against the head board exhausted, “Also a main difference is that light users have to be stronger than the others, because light use takes great toll on the body…Mainly because in battle if they are attacked and wounded they automatically begin to heal themselves, plus they’ll heal those around them without knowing as well...”

“What do you mean?” asked Youngwon.

Minhyun removed the bandages, showing that there weren’t marks on his skin, no scrapes, not even scars.

“So you were acting wounded?” muttered Minseok.

Minhyun nodded.

“When did the wounds heal?” asked JeBim.

“The night I got them.” Muttered Minhyun, “I had to act since I am under the orders to follow anything your father orders me to do. You see, I’m not to heal many.”

“Why?” asked the youngest of the ten.

“The wounds from others are transferred onto me when I heal them…the wounds that are transferred onto me take twice as long to heal on me than on you. As for the ones inflicted on me directly they vanish within minutes…” muttered Minhyun, not really interested in what he was telling them.

“Do they really transfer onto you?” asked Minseok, doubtfully.

The boys looked at the oldest, which was ghostly pale, as he stood up and moved to the bed. He kneeled down in front of JeBim, pressing his hands on the younger’s child and bloodied skin, the other seven watched in shock as they saw a warm glow on the older male’s hand, when the hand was pulled away the wound and all the blood was off of his leg, Minhyun then stood up and they all saw the blood stain on his pants leg.

“Does that prove it?” asked Minhyun, looking at the youngest before turning to JeBim who was looking between their legs in shock.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and everyone looked at it in shock, seeing the inn owner standing there smiling, “Minhyun, the superior is ordering a spare against you.”

Minhyun looked at her, “Why?”

The girl shrugged and looked at the oldest in the room, “She wants to see if you really do know how to move defensively and offensively using light…”

Minhyun looked at Minhyuk with a pointed glare, the younger looked away from his older brother, knowing that he was angry that he had the superior that he did.

“She has ordered one and she said it’ll happen tomorrow at dawn in the arena, she said not to be late,” Muttered the girl before leaving.

Minhyun glared at Minhyuk, “You told her…”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” muttered Minhyuk, “I have not the slightest clue.”

“What are you two talking about?” asked Seungjun.

“We found when the two of us are the strongest.” Said Minhyuk, “I’m strongest at noon when the sun is directly overhead, as for Minhyun, he’s strongest at dawn and dusk, which are the times when the superior is strongest as well.”

The older growled out at his younger brother before turning to the other eight, “Go to bed…Minhyuk will come to you all tomorrow.”

The oldest male then walked out of the room and dragged his younger brother with him. Silence fell over the group and Min Jun decided to speak, “We should sleep as he said so.”

The others nodded and climbed into their beds, all exhausted from the day filled with running and stunning truths.

 

The following day, all eight of the boys sleeping in the inn were woken up by Minhyuk, who had a frown on his face.

“What is wrong?” asked Kris.

“Minhyun is actually scheduled to fight our superior’s superior…” said Minhyuk.

“Which means?”

“He’s fighting the strongest Miro…who like my brother, is a light holder. However he holds a different light…” muttered Minhyun.

The boys looked at him in shock, “Can we go watch the spar.”

“It’s a trial.” Muttered Minhyuk, frowning, the others looked at him in confusion.

“The superior’s superior is getting old, so it’s time to find someone who is worthy of taking his spot as the grand superior.” Muttered Minhyuk, “Light users have always had that role and from the way things are going, they always will…There used to be many light holders, but most have been wiped out by minions, so Minhyun-hyung is the final one other than the grand superior, so no matter what he has to defeat the grand superior, or else our people will be leaderless...”

They looked at him in shock, “Did he always know that this was going to happen?”

Minhyuk nodded, “He knew he’d have to fight him eventually, but he never knew he’d have to battle and win because he always thought another light user would take the position so he wouldn’t have to, but as of this morning when the superior came to our house to get him, both of us found out that all the other light users had been wiped out in the previous attack on the city. Minhyun never once planned on becoming leader…but it’s a good thing that he is going through this battle…”

“Why?” asked JeBim, a little worried about the oldest who was injured since he had taken away the second youngest’s wounds.

“The monster thing that controls the minions is breaking out from the area it’s sealed in, in the temple.” Muttered Minhyuk, “Which is why the minions are all over the place now outside of this city…the reason it’s good that Minhyun is going through the trail now is because if he wins, he’ll learn the sealing symbol and he’ll be able to seal the thing up yet again, plus he could go and seal the door so we have some more time to prepare…”

“So in other words he’d be the key protector of the shrine?” muttered JeBim.

The older male nodded, “The trial is going to start soon, so if you want to go watch it, we need to get going soon…plus it’ll allow you all to see how he fights, which will make it easier for the ten of us to fight as a team.”

The others nodded, and stood up, all quickly getting ready and moving out of the inn, being led outside by Minhyuk who was rushing to get to the arena, not wanting to watch the trial that came once every fifty so years.

 

When they say light is the defensive portion of a power and the fire is the offensive part of the power, they don't mean it literally.

Both light and fire have really powerful offense and defense, the only difference is that Fire has the more powerful offense and a weaker defense while light has a weaker offense and a stronger defense.

Do you understand?

Plus the two are pretty much on the same since fire holds light in it as well....

Seriously if you find anything in this chapter or in the next one confusing, tell me and I'll try to explain it to you the best I can. ^^

-LCBLuvsKpop