Chapter 5

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

Sophies P.O.V

LuHan walked in front of the class dumping his stuff in the front left corner. He was wearing low hanging Grey sweats showing the top pattern of his boxers and a white undershirt that hugged to, well everything. You could see a sneaky bit of skin around his hips above his waistband that decided to show itself and half the girls in the class moaned. He looked hot and Sophie couldn’t help it when her eye drifted down his chest and stopped at the waistband of his boxers before rising again.

As soon as Sophie was able to regulate her heartbeat and make sure she wasn’t having a she notice half the girls in the class freaking out over him. But it wasn’t just over how hot he looked. She overheard a conversation from behind her and it confused her even more, which was difficult since she was already dizzy from Math.

“Oh my god is that LuHan? From Exo?” one girls voice whispered from behind her.

“Yes it is, oh my goodness pinch me. Ow I didn’t mean literally!” The second one mumbled. Who was Exo? She had never heard of hem.

Her attention returned to the front and the woman gestured for the girls to calm down. The talking slowly quietened to a mumble, then to complete silence. LuHan smiled at the teacher appreciatively and the woman looked like she was about to have a heart attack. He really did have a dazzling smile.  A grin crept across Sophie’s face and she covered with her hand hiding it.

She mentally scolded herself, she hardly even knew the guy and she was freaking out like, well like a fangirl.

Sophie stop your mind from going there.

Stop it right now.

She returned her attention to the front of the class just in time, LuHans voice echoed through the studio as he addressed the students. “I see Miss Hae has given you instructions to dance freestyle in you allocated placements to song of my choice.” He walked over to the PA system grinning evilly back at Sophie. Oh , this was gonna be bad.

He pressed a couple of buttons and then sound filled the room. Her frown transformed into a grin as she identified the song. Little did he know, he just did her the biggest favour. The first group which consisted of her and 5 other girls walked on stage as ‘Shake Senora’ begun to play.

Sophie didn’t care if it was inappropriate she began to swing her hips in tune with beat and added some dropping every now and then.  Adrenaline rushed through her veins as she popped and shook her body to the rhythm like a professional, lip synching the lyrics as she went. She whipped her hips back and forth quickly, earning some whooping from the boys in the class.

Her body moved every which way as she lost herself in her favourite song, some of the girls began to slow down or run out of moves but she kept going. He favourite bit in the song  came and she articulately popped out her chest as she dropped to the ground to the beat, which earned some more whoops.

Her feet began to move and slide while her body swayed and rolled as she lost herself in the music.

This was what she was born to do.

Dance was in her blood.

Her feet began to move faster and her body moved articulately with the Spanish rhythm which almost sent her into a state of pure bliss.

She twisted to the ground in such a way that she spun on her knees before rising back to her feet. Her long hair escaped its ponytail as she spun and it flicked around her face as she locked and moved her way through the last verse. She slid across the ground, ending up at the front of the studio before body rolling herself to her feet.

As the end of the song came she leant backwards and landed one handed into an arch with one hand behind her head, in her hair, and the class erupted into applause. She looked up and LuHans mouth was partially hanging open. She laughed and almost erupted with happiness when ‘Shake your pom pom’ came on next.

She shook her hips while making her way off the floor earning a few wolf whistles and exclamations from the class.

She totally had this.

As the other groups danced their way through their songs Sophie noticed some of the girls trying to replicate her moves and failing. The fact is this is what she did. Dancing was her life. Nobody could copy her style.

Time passed quickly and it was the end of the period in no time. Miss Hae ran through the role announcing every bodies rank and group. There was a lot of girls placed in the same rank so they had to be split into 2 groups. They were the amateur dancers, that didn’t have any training. The next rank up was the adepts. This consisted of one group of 7 dancers, 3 girls and 4 boys.  The last group was the professionals. There were 4 boys in that group, and they were really really good.

Sophie was last on the role since she had applied late to the school and she awaited in anticipation for her placement. Her confidence placed in the adept group. She had the talent and her body could move but not as well as the four boys in the top group.

The teacher read out the last name and Sophie froze.

She was placed in the Amateur group 1.

She looked to LuHan who was sitting out the front on a speaker, shock plastered across his face. The class erupted in complaint.

“No Way!” somebody in the back yelled.

“She should be in the top group!” a boy from the adept group added smiling at her. She returned the smile and waved.

One of the boys in the professional group stood up and walked over to her, pulling her to her feet. He looked about 6 ft. An air of flamboyancy circled him as he linked arms with her, placing his other hand on his jutted out hip. “We want her.” He demanded bluntly, she liked him already.

“Miss this is outrageous.”

“Honestly miss!”

How could this happen. Panic flooded through her body. If she failed in school dance how would she ever compare to the girls at SM.

Her breath quickened and she felt the boys hand rub her arm, comforting her.

Sadly it was nothing compared to the pit of failure already lodged in her stomach from the night before, her partially healed wounds ripped open and a tidal wave of guilt rush through her body rendering her immobile.

The woman at the front silenced the raging classroom. Sophie felt comforted thanks to this flamboyant boys kindness. His dark skin was completely clear of any blemishes, his dark brown hair perfectly styled into a sweep and eyes faintly outlined with eyeliner. He reminded her of the Puppy-like friend of LuHans except for the dark skin. She immediately felt comfortable around him.

It didn’t help the pit of dissension in her gut though, it still bubble away.

“James.” Miss Hae began. “I would love to put her in the top group, but she is physically not fit enough to deal with the training.” She gestured to Sophies physique which for some reason wasn’t good enough for her. The mortified teenager looked down at her own body, admitting it was a little chubby. Her hips were rather large and her thighs were big but it was all muscle.

She could still dance with the best of them.

It still hurt like hell though.

Suddenly a thud echoed through the class as LuHan jumped of the large speaker he was perched on. He walked over to Sophie and slung an arm around her shoulder. Her eyes rose from the ground to look at him. His expression was kind and comforting. She knew she had gained a friend from this boy. 

Feeling the other boy linked at her elbow she knew she wasn’t alone and her entire body relaxed from a tense posture she didn’t even knew she was holding. LuHan looked to the Teacher and said something that stopped the woman in her tracks.

“That was out of line.” He shot at the teacher mildly glaring at her.

“It’s the truth.” She said hands risen above her head as if she had no option. “The fact remains she is overweight and she is not fit enough to dance in the middle group, let alone the top.”

LuHan shot a glare towards the teacher that was probably the cause for the hole in the ozone layer. She swore she felt the air become colder and her skin rose into goosebumps as shivers ran through her body. The teacher shrunk away from the older boys gaze, trying to avoid the lightning bolt being shot in her direction.

The look on LuHans face was one of the scariest things Sophie had seen. How cold something so perfect, transform into something so intimidating in a split second. Sophie got pictures of avenging angels in her head before shaking the useless thoughts away. He was not that attractive.

Another glance at the boy proved her wrong.

He felt movement next to her and James was fuming. She thought she saw steam come out of his ears in response to the teachers statement.

James, the diva-ish boy next to her spoke up. “Then I’m leaving.”

This statement earned a lot of stares from the students. That was very blunt and to the point. She liked him already, but why was this boy sticking up for her, she had never met him before as far as she new. She looked at the boy curiously, who returned her stare smiling brightly at her. His grin alleviated whatever fear and worry she was feeling. She couldn’t help but smile back, he was just one of those people.

Pure sunshine.

The teachers expression fell and she looked like she was in shock. “James, you aren’t being serious?”

He just stared back at her, eyes un blinking. Entire body rigid. “Deadly.” He returned.

“Also since I am the assistant here, I do believe I have a say in the placements. I say Sophie should be in the top group. I have seen her dance at SM. You will regret it later if you don’t place her higher.” LuHan added, authority in his voice, though he was only a few years older than the her.

Just then the bell sounded and the entire room jumped at the shrieking sound.

Everybody but James and LuHan.

The boys held the teachers gaze, refusing to blink, as far as Sophie knew they weren’t even breathing.

“I’ll think about it.” She said, defeated.

“Good.” James skipped out of the class arm in arm with Sophie. They grabbed their stuff on their way out. She waved to LuHan and mouthed a thankyou. He smiled one of the 1000 watt smiles and mouthed ‘no worries’ back to her and returned the wave.

James continued down the hall still arm in arm with Sophie. “That teacher is such a !” he said in a big huff. His dark skin turning faintly red from anger.

He took a deep breath and had a moment to compose himself before turning to her “I’m James.” He said smiling.

“Sophie.” She grinned back to him, He began to skip long beside her. When this boy was happy it as like he radiated sunshine, happiness and unicorn tears.

“Is she always like that?” She asked the ball of happiness next to her.

“Yes!” He said frustrated and she felt a pang of guilt for ruining the little being of sunshine next to her. “She always finds someone to pick on every year, Don’t worry we have all been there. But anyway enough about her I wanna know about the new kid everyone has been talking about. The one who managed to piss off the school bullies in her first class here.”

Sophie looked at the ground, crimson rising to her cheeks already giving the answer away.

“It was you!” He exclaimed, a look of shock on his face. “Oh my god, that is so perfect in everyway possible. Those heads needed to be taught a lesson.”

“What did they do?” Her curiosity spiked. She personally hated bullies due to past experiences, but something about the way James said it. For him, it sounded personal.

“They just pick on anyone whose different, anyone not up to their standards,” He continued listing, counting them off on his fingers, “anyone they don’t hang out with, anybody in the years below, anybody who walks on two legs.”

“I take it they are real douches then?” She asks sarcastically.

“Ohh Yeah. Last year they set my Dance bag on fire.” He said, eyes distant as he recalled the memory. Sophie felt sorry for the mistreated boy. She was bullied at school before moving and knew what it was like. The hiding and running, the fear of being found. Avoiding big groups or classes, hell even school all together.

“Im sorry, I know how it feels.”

“Yeh, its okay. You fall into a routine eventually, just avoid the Quadrangle for a few days.” He says, warning in his voice. “These guys are low enough, they may hit a girl if they think there is something wrong with you.”

“Are you serious?!” No way could they hit a girl, I mean bully, tease, sure. But actually physically harming a girl. That was lowest of the low.

“You don’t understand, these guys reputations mean everything to them If it appears somebody isn’t bending to their will. The will do something about it. Trust me, I know from experience.” Emotional pain shot through his face and Sophie just wanted to hug him. He reminded her to much of her Puppy friend that she wanted to hold him and never let those bullied get to him.

“And if they don’t hurt you they will make you an outcast.”

“Pfftt, too late. I do that by choice.” She replied lazily shrugging off the warning.

“I choose it, but it’s more for survival. This school doesn’t like people who are different, and the students aren’t that much better.” They plodded down the stairs and begun making their way across the school to the exit.

“So you dance for SM?” The unique boy asked, all-but prancing along beside her.

“Yeah, Im a solo trainee for the moment.” She replied thinking of the groups of girls already training together. She honestly didn’t want that, this was a way of getting her out there and letting her skill be known. She didn’t want to be part of a girl pop band when she knew she would just be looked down on.

Her aim was to be a back up dancer or choreographer, bring some skill back into the groups.

“So jealous right now, those studios are amazing!” He almost whined as his feet bounced on the pavement, “They are to die for.”

Sophie grinned, knowing she was about to make his day. ”Well I have some stuff I have to do this afternoon, but I’m just training tomorrow so if you want you and come see my studio after school that’s no problem.”

His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas, grin encompassing his face and he threw his arms around her. “Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.” He released her and jumped up and down from excitement, Sophie smiled at her new friend.

“Oh please like you weren’t already planning this from the beginning!” she accused mockingly.

He gasped dramatically, hand over his heart in mock hurt. “How could you even consider that?! I would never do that!” They continued to walk until they reached the gate to leave.

James held out his hand expectantly, “Here give me your phone, ill put my number in. Us out casts have to stick together.” She handed him her phone and he quickly passed her his. They each entered each others number in before passing them back.

“You can come chill with me in Studio 2 at break if you want, it’s usually just me and a few Musos but your welcome to come.” He said with a cheshire grin. She nodded as she took in the sight before her, she really did make the weirdest friends.

James stood in long grey sweats, white tanktop with bright pink skates from dance. One hand on his thin waist with his hip jutting out while the other held his brown leather bag on his shoulder. She knew she had found a friend in this boy.

“Oh crap im going to be late.” He said checking his phone. “I gotta catch my bus, see you later Sophie!” he his heels waving at her before sprinting for the bus that was slowly turning from the curb. He reached it just in time, flagging it down.

Sophie turned away and headed for the restaurant located in the main part of town. S

She was halfway towards the main street when her phone buzzed.

From; James J

Btw, I forgot to ask. How do you know that hot assistant????

She chuckled at her newly found friend, she kinda guessed he was into guys.

To; James J

Dances two studios down from me at SM.

About thirty seconds passed before her phone buzzed again.

From; James J

Lucky !

Sophie felt a smile creep up while putting her phone away. Yep, her and James would get along just fine. Chapter

 

A/N Im doing a doube update so i doubt you guys will even see this <3 comment please, it really makes my day xoxox

Shan xox