Chapter 2

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

Sophies P.O.V

 

As Sophie stood there pondering these strange guys, two other tables meals were ready to be delivered. She grabbed the plates and gave them to the customers, mind not exactly on task.

 

“Sophie! Pull your head in girl and get these orders out fast! Its hard enough to please these people on a normal night, but we are short one serving-girl and plus 6 celebrities so get out there! Stop acting like a fool!” He shouted balancing the plates on her arms and hands for her to deliver.

 

Mr Kim obviously wasn’t having a very good night, he didn’t yell often but when he did he was quite scary. Sophie wanted out of there soon as possible. “Im trying sir.” She says bowing slightly.

 

“Well try harder.” He says walking away and back to the wok. She sighed and starts to exit the kitchen when something he said registers in her mind.

 

Plus celebrities? Who’s the celebrity? And why haven’t I noticed? She thought to herself. She turns around the corner of the kitchen and heads for the back table with the group of boys.

 

“Here you go guys! Prepared by the boss himself!” She says grinning but slightly shaking from effort. She places the plates on the table, careful not to spill anything, Mr Kim didn’t need to get any madder.

 

“The Boss doesn’t seem to be in a very good mood tonight.” One of the boys on the edge says. The boy looks up at her with big brown eyes, delicately framed with black eyeliner. It Gave him a feminine, doe-like expression. He grins at her and an image of a child on Christmas appears in her mind. He was so cute.

 

“Your telling me.” She says relaxing a little under his friendly gaze, glad to be out of the kitchen and away from Mr Kim’s rage. “Sorry you had to hear that. He isn’t usually this angry.”

 

“Not a problem.” The guy with the accent replies, His sandy blonde hair framing his face in a straightened flick.

 

“Yeah, having a nice serving-girl makes up for a crazy boss.” One of the other boys says. His black hair all choppy and spikey, sticking up at all angles with streaks of blue through it.

 

“Yeah the service is great!” Another says smiling “Your doing amazing, don’t let him say otherwise.” He was sitting next to the guy with eyeliner. He had rusty red hair and a friendly, toothy smile.

 

“We will be leaving a generous tip.” Said a quiet voice. The boy she hadn’t seen yet emerged from between the accent guy and the red-ish haired guy. He was also small built and looked like a dancer. He had long elegant features and dark brown hair. “You’ve been lovely.”

 

Sophie chuckles and grins. “Thankyou for your complements.” An overwhelming sense of relief rushed over her, she wasn’t terrible, Mr Kim was just a freak. “And for the tip.” She laughs gesturing at the last boy. “You guys enjoy your meal.” Cutlery is handed out and she politely bows before going to attend to other customers.

 

“Wait.” A voice says as she turns away. She turns back and it’s the boy who arrived late. “We have all been curious.” He says gesturing to his friends and they all shy away embarrassed. “Are you the girl that burst into our studio the other day?” He asks.

 

Sophie walked back to the table, worried about how she should answer this. “If I was. How would you react?” She asked looking at the ground.

 

“Oh we wouldn’t mind!” He said hands out defensively. “In fact we just wanted to ask if you were dancing freestyle. Off the top of your head.” He said, curious look in his eyes, His elegant hands folded, resting on the table.

 

Elegant? Really Sophie? Snap out of it.

 

She slightly shook her head to clear her thoughts, she didn’t need this right now. “Yeah, I guess so. I mean it wasn’t choreographed or anything.” Their expressions curious as she began to explain. She went to continue with her explanation when she was interrupted.

 

“Sophie! Stop talking! We got orders to fill!” Mr Kims voice boommed from the kitchen.

 

“Look I was looking for Studio 13 and I accidentally walked into the wrong one. Im sorry.” She said bowing, flashing them a friendly smile. “Enjoy.” She says gesturing again to their meal. Smiling once more and running off to the kitchen.

 

She quickly grabbed the other plates and delivered them to the waiting customers apologising for the tardiness. None of them seemed to mind, Mr Kim was just a bit up tight. The next time she looked at the back table, the plates were cleared and it was empty.

 

~*~

 

Banging on the door of her motel room woke her from an already restless sleep. Sophie slowly fell out of the thin and lumpy bed and trudged over to the poor excuse for a door. When she opened it, a man in a torn tuxedo appeared.

 

“Your payments due.” He demands hand out.

 

She cannot comprehend these strange words coming from the mans mouth. Her head shakes like she doesn’t understand. “Payment? For the month? Your overdue.” He said his hand greedily gesturing for cash.

 

Sophie plodded to the dresser where her wallet was sitting on the top by the cracked mirror. Wait, the top of the dresser. She kept it in the second drawer.

 

She opened her wallet hurriedly and sure enough all her money had been taken, she ran to the bathroom and checked behind the toilet for her secret stash. An empty zip lock bag resided there, minus her emergency money from her parents.

 

Great. She quickly packed up her stuff into the light duffel that held all her clothes and ran out the front door, away from the man yelling and chasing her for payment.

 

Now she had nowhere to go, it was 2 in the morning, an apparently raining. She realised this last fact as cold drop of rain fell on her face. Her hand fumbled at the zipper of her duffel eventually fishing out her hoodie that would provide at least some protection from the storm.

 

As she searched for her hoodie she came across her studio keys and considered the opportunity. Staying overnight in the studios weren’t allowed due to the companies rules. She quickly realised she had no choice, it was either break in or sleep on the street. And it technically wasn’t breaking in, she owned a key.

 

She reached the S.M Campus area and passed all the dorms, large brick buildings built to supply the trainees with lodging. Her application came too late and she had missed out, forcing her to find other lodging options. She pondered what it must be like to live in the dorm, all nice and warm. Surrounded by friends. She would have to wait until next year to re-apply for a room.

 

Her mind drifted to the boys from the restaurant. Would they be staying inside those dorms? Are they asleep, curled up warmly in their beds while she was running around in the freezing cold. She felt a rush of anger at them and the other trainees.

 

They had it so easy. She had to fight to survive and they were living it up. Her emotions got pushed to the back of her mind as she approached the dance building, unlocking the door with her key, being careful to lock it behind her.

 

She jogged, light on her feet down the deserted hallways and found a studio, slipping inside. Her stuff, discarded near the doorway, the exhausted girl didn’t bother turning on the lights, she was only going to be here until morning. She fumbled around in the dark until she found a wall to lean against and contemplate hot utterly screwed she was.

 

Broke.

 

Homeless.

 

And has snuck illegally into her dance studios for a place to sleep.

 

Well Sophie,” She began, speaking to herself. “You have reached brand new levels of screwing up!”

 

She had no hope. She would call her parents and tell them how much she had failed. How she ed up her one and only chance at succeeding in dance, and she hadn’t even attended a lesson yet. Her head fell into her hands and tears escaped her eyes, leaving salty streams down her cheeks.

 

Her head shook, clearing the negatives thoughts. He parents would be so disappointed if she gave up now, they would be devastated.

 

Tomorrow she would go get her weeks pay from Mr Kim and go look for a new place. Didn’t have to be fancy, just somewhere close that would make it easier for her to get to work.

 

Her plan would work, it would at least get her back on her feet. It was just then when she felt a slight bit of security return to her, that it was viciously ripped away by the scariest thought yet.

 

The holidays were over. She had to go to school. Tomorrow.

 

A helpless groan escaped the teenagers lips and she collapsed to the ground. “As if my week couldn’t get any worse.

 

Sophie rolled over and used her duffel as a pillow, stretched out on the hard wood floor that seemed strangely comfortable after the crappy mattresses at the purple sunset. She set her phone to wake her up at 6:30 and she fell into a deep slumber. Tomorrow can’t be worse than today right? Actually no, don’t answer that. 

 

A/N And thats chapter 2, done!

Hope you guys like it so far <3

Shan x