Chapter 4

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

Sophies P.O.V

 

She squeezed through the tightly packed hallways, making her way to her next class. If she timed it just right she would arrive just as the bell for first period rang, therefore avoiding any awkward pre-class conversations with any students or teachers. First days were always the worst.

 

There was always the stress about not knowing the layout of the school, knowing no one, being stared at and talked about. Sophie liked to fly under the radar, some people liked to call her anti-social or a loner. But really she just hated school. School was torture. It was hell masquerading as a trip to Hawaii.

 

And she was significantly dumber than these students, which made it even worse.

 

As the bell rang she walked into the small classroom, all eyes turned to her but she plastered a nonchalant expression on her face and proceeded to an empty seat in the back row. If that didn’t scream “don’t talk to me”, she didn’t know what would.

 

Her first class was foreign languages, for which she was assigned English. “This is going to be so easy.” She whispered under her breath, her shoulders shaking from silent laughter. Too tired to care what the teacher was saying, she plugged in her earphones immersing herself in the rhythm and escaped the world.

 

Halfway through the class, the person across the row tapped on her shoulder and gestured to the front. She pulled out her earphone and returned her attention to the front where a woman was waiting expectantly. A question was written on the board which they had to answer in English, and Sophie realised how much she was about to show this teacher up.

 

What are your plans for the future?

 

The boy that had alerted her quickly repeated his answer in fractured English, redness rising up his neck and through his cheeks as he stumbled over the unfamiliar words. Two boys sitting in front of him turned around and began making smart comments and he sank lower into his chair. The boys continued to pester him and about how bad he was when they stopped in their tracks.

 

Turn back around and mind your own fricken business.”

 

All the faces in the room turned to look at her, exasperated at her boldness towards the un-named boys. She leant further back in her chair and ignored the stares; she was used to it by now. You grew calluses eventually. She put her ear phones back in and returned to her world.

 

The teacher gestured for her to remove the buds of music that would transport her to somewhere other than hell, once she had, the woman spoke. “Our new student speaks English well.” She says gesturing to Sophie.

 

Great. Just what she wanted, more attention. If only they could leave her alone. “May I ask where you learnt?” The teacher enquires, her English formal and respectful.

 

Sophie didn’t exactly feel up to the task of explaining her life story to a room of strangers so she simply replied, “I have been able to speak English forever. My family spoke it in the house.” It was true, not exactly the whole truth but it wasn’t a lie.

 

You are of English origin?”

 

Sophie chuckled at her openness. “What gave it away?” sarcasm coating her voice. The teacher merely smiled and shook her head, a look of amusement on her face.

 

The bell chose then to ring throughout the hallways, signalling for the end of class. “Saved by the bell.” She made her way out of class and walked swiftly to her next class, wanting to get it over with.

Math was her next subject, and math was evil. It is the devil in number form, ready to rear its head and ruin her report whenever she has a half decent mark.

 

She once again grabbed the back seat in class and tuned out, ignoring everything that was said. The day just needed to be over so she could go to Mr Kim and get her pay. She then had 3 hours to find a place or she would be sleeping on the studio floors for a second night, and frankly however much of an improvement it was over the purple sunset, she was sore and she needed a goodnights sleep.

 

~*~

 

The day was torturously slow and Sophie found herself thinking about the boys from the restaurant, and this morning. A grin appeared on her face as she remembered the Puppy-like cute and the gorgeous boy who woke her up. Now that she thought about it she really needed to learn their names, her brain was having trouble referring to them.

 

The fact that she was continuously running into them didn’t help.

 

The bell for last period sounded and she made her way slowly to dance, her elective. She figured this would be the one class she would actually enjoy and look forward to everyday. Her feet padded their way to the main studio in the high school when she heard feet chasing after her. She turned and saw two boys running down the hall with a group of 6 girls chasing them. Her back hit the wall as she tried to avoid the onslaught when she noticed it was the gorgeous guy from this morning.

 

Why did this keep happening to her?

 

He was running with a younger boy with a nice face and dark brown hair, styled the same as his. They looked like they needed an escape, and they needed it fast. As they got closer to her she grabbed both their wrists and pulled them into a nearby classroom locking the door.

 

They both sat down on the desks, their breath coming quick and raspy. “Every time –gasp-I take you- to school-Sehun.” The gorgeous boy said to his younger counterpart who had now vacated to the floor. “Every time.” He repeated glaring at the boy.

 

“Sorry Hyung.” Sehun said his face managing to look apologetic through the gasping. The boy just continued to collapse on the desk, ignoring his dongsaengs apologies. Sophie continued to stand in the doorway observing this exchange with a curious look on her face. The older boy sat up slowly and looked for their saviour, his eyes resting on Sophie. They widened in surprise as he registered who she was. He shook his head as if to clear his head before speaking.

 

“You’re the-“

 

“Yes, yes I’m the girl from this morning.” Sophie interrupted, impatient with this familiar exchange.

 

“Are you-“

 

“No I’m not stalking you, I go to school here.” She scoffed. His face transformed into one of shock. She always had a knack for guessing what people were going to say. The younger boy just chuckled and patted the elder on the back.

 

Sehun who had finally composed himself, made his way over to the sarcastic teenager. His chest was still heaving but he managed to get out a whole sentence without hyperventilating.

 

“Hey, I’m Sehun. I’m doing my last year at high school here.” He said bowing and holding out his hand. A pearly white grin surfaced on his face as she took his hand, bowing out of respect. “And this is my Hyung, LuHan.” He said gesturing to the older boy who had also gotten to his feet.

 

“I’m Sophie. I’m from grade 10.” She responded and a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips, they really were very alike in appearance. Their hair was cut the same, only a few shades difference. They both stood the same way, smiled the same way. It was like they were brothers.

 

“Nice to meet you Sophie, for the 4th time in a few days.” LuHan chuckled as he held out his hand. She bowed and accepted the handshake.

 

“Nice to meet you guys too.” Being a very blunt girl, and not exactly up for fun and games at the moment she got straight to the point. “I’m sorry if this seems a bit forward, but are you two related? You look very similar.”

 

Sehun and LuHan both chuckled, their laughs actually quite different. Sehuns was deep and crackly while LuHans was smooth like velvet chocolate.

 

LuHan spoke first, “No we aren’t we are just very close. He is my Hyung in everything except blood.” He said swing an arm over the youngers’ shoulder.

 

Sehun nodded in agreement.

 

These two were a curious pair; she didn’t know what to think of them. They didn’t appear like they were together but they seemed very close.

 

Her mind went back to Australia, thinking of two girls she used to hangout with. The three were closer than family and she couldn’t help comparing the two groups. Sometimes you find friends that you would die for. Still die for.

 

Sophie opened to say something when she was cut off by the warning bell. 6th period started 5 minutes ago. .

 

“Im sorry I have to get to class.” She said opening the door and making her way out, Sehun and LuHan followed her out of the deserted classroom and the younger boy turned to her. “What have you got?”

 

“Dance, in the studio.”

 

LuHan chuckled and sighed, shaking his head. What was so funny. She looked at him curiously and Sehun had an amused look on his face. “What?” the bewildered girl asked them. They were hiding something from her, and she didn’t like it.

 

“LuHans assisting the dance teacher for the semester because she broke her ankle.” Sehun said a look of pity in his eyes. “He is gonna make your lives hell. My Hyung is the devil incarnate.” That earned him a light punch to the shoulder from the elder.

 

“Hey, im not that bad. “ He disagreed, mock hurt in his eyes. “Now get to class, I didn’t drop you off just so you could be late. “

 

“You were coming here anyway!” Sehun accused.

 

“Yeah but I would’ve been on time if you didn’t take 30 minutes in the shower. Now get to class.” LuHan shot back glaring playfully at the younger, pushing him in the direction of his class.

 

“Yah! Fine. Bye Sophie.” He threw over his shoulder as he jokingly stomped off to his last lesson (first lesson? pfft she didn’t know, year 12 timetables were messed up).

 

“Come on, you too.” LuHan said playfully poking her in the direction of the studios.

 

They walked together down the hallway in comfortable silence. She was finally able to observe him up close, he really was taller than she expected. He was at least two inches taller than her. His deep brown eyes tilted up wards at the corners as he smiled brightly at her.

 

He twisted his torso to grab something out of his pocket and her eyes travelled to his arms, you could see the muscle line. Sophie shook her head to stop her from admiring him.

 

As she had noticed before they were definitely dancer muscles. Which brought her up short. If he was a dancer,

 

Why was he working here.

 

“If you are with SM Entertainment why are you working here, even if you are only are assisting?” her bluntness once again emerging, rearing its head. Bright crimson crept up her cheeks and she looked at the ground.

 

God girl, stop embarrassing yourself.

 

He’s not that attractive.

 

LuHan looked at the ground his cheeks also slightly red, he scratched the back of his head and Sophie couldn’t help but look at his soft Brown hair. How it lightly swept across his forehead, and how he had to constantly flick it out of his eyes.

 

Sophie. Stop it. Right Now.

 

What would Laura say if she was here?

 

God girl you have the subtlety of a bulldozer. Play it cool. Her best friend echoed through her mind. Sophie missed her. It wasn’t the same without her and Emma.

 

“The dance teacher they have here works for the company, so when she became injured they had to call someone in to assist her classes. I’m not actually a teacher, I don’t have a certificate or anything but they asked me if I would teach the students how to dance and I said yes.” He said looking at her, small smile on his face. He didn’t look comfortable with this subject and she thought he was hiding something but she couldn’t pinpoint what it actually was.

 

He chuckled shaking his head, making hair fall in front of his face. He gently swept in away with a lean hand and smiled, “Im in here all the time anyway ,dropping of that moron.”

 

They reached the door to the main studio and snuck it attracting zero attention, Sophie dumped her stuff on the back wall and headed to the front of the room. She had already changed into her dancing gear whereas LuHan headed to the change rooms, so she sat in front of the full length mirror and listened to a very attractive women rattle off some instructions. They were to all dance freestyle to whatever song the assistant chose and she would assess their skill level.

 

This was going to be good. She looked round at some of the other students and many of the girls held expressions of worry.

 

Obviously some of them didn’t think this elective through.

 

If you’re a dancer and you’re used to choreography you usually can’t freestyle well. But Sophie had been free styling since she could walk. This would be a piece of cake.

 

The teacher, whose name she quickly learned was Miss Hae, went over a few guidelines and specifications before LuHan made it back into the studio.

 

Barely a few minutes passed until LuHan made his entrance, and boy,

 

Was it a sight. 

 

 

A/N OkAY GUYS FIRST 4 CHAPTERS UP, WILL POST CHAPTER 5 IN A COUPLE OF DAYS, HECK WHAT AM I SAYING. i WILL PROBABLY POST IT TOMMORROW OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IM IMPATIENT. ! CAPITALS! screw it im not going back an re writing all that.

Sorry -_-

Shan x

Comment, maybe?