Chapter 3

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

LuHans P.O.V

 

LuHan strolled down the cool hallways of S.M Entertainment Dance Studios with the other 11 boys from Exo. All sombre, all exhausted. It was 5:00am and they all had 0 amount of hope. He replayed the scene between the guys and their manager over in his mind.

 

How they were told once more, that they didn’t have a choreographer for the showcase in two months. How Kais second trailer was due in 2 days and how they had done nothing. How their chances of making it to the music industry was plummeting with no signs of stopping. The twenty two year old couldn’t believe their current predicament.

 

LuHan shook his head, How could this end so quickly? He thought exasperated over their bad luck. A hand rested on his shoulder and he looked over and saw Kris looking at him. “I don’t know.” The leader said to him, face as un-hinting of emotion as ever. It occurred to LuHan he must have spoken aloud. He looked to Sehun on his right, the younger boy had a melancholy look plastered on his face.

 

He gripped the maknaes hand, attempting to comfort him. The boy who he had to protect, the boy he thought of as his brother. Not only LuHans dreams but Sehuns ended if this showcase wasn’t performed. He couldn’t deal with it. Sehun looked up his expression changing and smiling at his Hyung. He somehow always found a way to smile. A tear threatened to fall down the older boys face, but he held it back, Wanting to stay strong for his dongsang.

 

They turned towards their studio and walked in turning on the lights, where a surprising sight beheld them. The serving girl from last night asleep near the doorway. The girl who burst in on them that same day. What is she doing here. He thought, too shocked for words.

 

She was curled up against the wall, using her duffel as a pillow. She looked so peaceful. None of the boys moved, they merely stood and didn’t know what to do. Wasn’t everyday a girl was asleep in their studio after all.

 

Baek Hyun was the first to move, the boy with an obsession with eyeliner trotted over to her unconscious body. LuHan followed and they both knelt down on the cold timber, lightly shaking her awake. The dancer mumbled something in English before smacking away their hands and going back to sleep.

 

. Baek Hyun childishly began to shake her furiously. LuHan couldn’t help but laugh at his friends immaturity. The un-named girl rolled over and landed on her phone which set off an alarm.

 

Her body jumped at the sudden wake up call and she looked up sleepily at the two boys kneeling over her. Her hair was all messed about her face but here green eyes shone brightly through the matted mane. She brushed it all behind her head and got a good look at the two boys grinning slightly.

 

“Good Morning sunshine.” Baek Hyun said brightly, smiling ear to ear. Eye lined eyes glistening. He looked like a little kid that just remembered it was Christmas.

 

“Morning.” She returned, her voice crackly and coated with lethargy. “I take it this isn’t my studio since you guys are here.” She said gesturing to the boys at the door. She adjusted her clothes which had gone a touch askew while sleeping. She was wearing baggy sweats rolled up one leg, a baggy shirt with the 7 dwarfs on it and skates. “What time is it?”

 

“5 oclock.” Kris answered from behind them. The other boys had moved and congregated around them.

 

“ You know,” LuHan began, a fake pondering look on his face. “If I didn’t know any better I would say you were stalking us. First the restaurant and now here, this is getting out of control.” LuHan said to her chuckling slightly.

 

“Funny I was going to say the same thing to you. I work there what’s your excuse?“ She said sarcastically, arm resting over her eyes, shielding them from the bright light. She looked so cute.

 

“Hunger.” Baek Hyun responded.

 

“Whats yours?” LuHan asked, gesturing to the studio.

 

“Long story short,” She said looking at LuHan, “I was tired. And It’s alright, I’m leaving.” She said sitting up slowly, grabbing her bag and the few belongings that fell out. She patted Baek Hyun on the head which made him grin like a little puppy then headed for the door before sneaking a peak back at them.

 

LuHan thought Baek Hyun resembled a small puppy dog, his dark eyeliner framing his deep brown eyes just made them look bigger. His Aegyo was irresistible and right now it was activated. The dancer caught the cutest aegyo she had probably ever witnessed, and she ran back over hugging Baek Hyun before leaving the studio.

 

“LuHan we need you over here.” Tao called from behind them.

 

LuHan walked back to the other boys and Baek Hyun joined them, pout on full display. He obviously didn’t want to leave his new found friend. Though he was 20, Baek Hyun was such a little kid.

 

LuHan turned and saw the girl walk out and waved to her which she returned warmly. “I like her.” Baek Hyun said bouncing on the balls of his feet, smiling like a fool. He calmed down and joined the groups conversation but LuHans mind was still with the girl from studio 13.

 

She seemed like a lovely girl. Had a dry sense of sarcasm, but he liked that. He turned back to the guys thinking about her little dance she did when she surprised them in the studio. How she moved. Captivating. She really was an amazing dancer.

 

He quickly snapped out of it and turned back to Kris who had his head in his hands, his body shaking with frustration. Now that the group of boys had privacy they let themselves go. Not caring what happened. The atmosphere of the room changed from cheerful to melancholy in a split second.

 

Kris fell to the floor shouting with frustration. LuHan was scared for the older boy, Kris was always so composed, calm. He never lost control of himself, but right now he looked like he was about to snap.

 

“We worked so hard for this.” The leader croaked, tears streaming down his face. “Why does it have to end now?” He said, his eyes scanning the room, searching for his close friend Chen. The younger boy joined him on the ground, draping an arm around him.

 

“I don’t know Hyung.” Chen said holding the leader. “I honestly don’t know.”

 

LuHan only vaguely registered his feet hitting the floor, and he realised he was pacing. All these thoughts and emotions running through his head.

 

Worry for his friends.

 

Anger at the company for not helping them.

 

Submission, when facing their current situation.

 

Guilt when he thought of his family in china. How they had sacrificed so much for him to be here, and he was failing them.

 

Chanyeol, Baek Hyun, Tao and Xiu Min left to get breakfast from the café across the road. Anything to get their minds off things. Any distraction was worth it. LuHan envied them as he sat, wallowing in his hopelessness. Their only hope was Kai. That’s why they were here, Kai had to come up with something for his teaser or they were screwed.

 

He walked over to the dancer leaning against the wall. Kai looked at him as he approached his hands in fists and body tense. LuHan let his arms embrace his friend, wanting to take away some of the pressure he was feeling. His eyes found Kais and saw the worry and anxiety hidden behind those brown irises. Why did they all have to feel this. It wasn’t meant to be easy but couldn’t the catch a break.

 

After about 5 minutes of complete silence except for Kris, recovering from his outburst, the boys were all wondering who would break the ice. Who would be the first to speak.

 

The silence felt suffocating and he couldn’t take it anymore. Kai pushed himself from the wall, earphones in and his body began to move. He was as graceful and expressive as always. It was at that moment LuHan realised what song he was dancing to. “Baby Don’t Cry.” He heard it faintly emanating from the speakers, but if anything gave it away it was Kai’s expression. He gave it everything he had and more.

 

Half an hour passed. Eyes contently watching Kai dance. Baek Hyun and the boys returned with a much appreciated breakfast that they all ate ravenously, except LuHan. The older boy just stared off into space, mind blank. He couldn’t comprehend the current situation. No matter what he thought of, it always led back to the dilemma they had gotten stuck in.

 

Everybody’s attention turned to Kai when he stopped and pulled out his ear phones. He had been hard at work while they were breaking down and stuffing their faces. Classic Kai. He grinned at the boys and flourished a bow, his smooth voice announcing the words everyone longed to hear.

 

“I did it.”

 

The boys gaped at him openly, unbelieving of this blessing. Surely they weren’t this lucky. Suddenly they all leapt up and ran to their friend, hugging him. He was almost lifted off the ground due to their excitement.

 

LuHan looked at their smiling faces, their eyes all shone with a new light. That light was hope. It occurred to the older boy that they might just make it through the week. The teaser was complete. That was the important bit. The rest, the rest could wait. 

 

 

A/N WOAH LOOK AT ME SWITCHING IT UP. Yeah this story switches between Sophie and LuHans perspective, maybe somebody else in certain places but mostly those two.

If you like this story so far, im also on Wattpad, just search exo and mine should come up :D

If you took your time out of your day (night?) to read this, much thanks xoxoxox

Comment? It really helps motivate me alot guys <3

Shan x