Chapter 14

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

 

Sophie P.O.V

“CHANYEOL GET OUT OF THE GODDAMN KITCHEN BEFORE I CASTRATE YOU!” Sophie bellowed when the Happy Virus tried to sneak another spoonful of taco mince. She became very familiar with D.Os favourite weapon, the spatula, that night as she was constantly hitting the red haired tornado with it.

“But Sophiiieeee. Im hungrrryyy!” he whined retreating out of the room, deflecting Sophies strikes with the utensil. He stood in the doorway and stared longingly at the pan of meat sizzling on the stove and stomped his foot stubbornly.

He was quickly shoved out of the way by SuHo as he too joined her in the kitchen. “D.O isn’t going to like this. He hates you being in his kitchen.” She warned as he joined her at the bench.

“Well it’s your kitchen right now, and you don’t seem to be hitting me with anything so I think I’m safe.” He chuckled picking a piece of lettuce from a serving plate and throwing it in his mouth, causing Sophie to reach over and slap his hand. “For now.” She answered glaring at him and he backed away from the countertop.

“Sophie im hungry!!” Chanyeol whined again.

“How is school?” SuHo asked from the middle of the room ignoring the red heads cries, as he eyed the pan of delicious meat on the stove.

“Trust the leader to ask that question.” She mumbled fondly, her back facing him. “It is going fine I suppose, considering I haven’t been in a few days. Sehun brings me my homework so I don’t fall behind.” She heard him mumble a response. “Oh and SuHo?”

“Mhh-Hmm?”

“Don’t even think about it.” She said spinning around and pointing the spatula at him warily, he had been slowly shuffling closer to the stove as she talked, hoping she wouldn’t notice. But she was no fool. Evil Leader.

“I now understand now why D.O kicks you all out!” she yelled pushing him out of the kitchen and he joined Chanyeol in the doorway.

“But Sophie! We’re hungry!” they whined in synchronisation.

“THAT’S IT!” A voice yelled from the lounge room. Sophie then witnessed the two boys being lifted by their collars and pulled into the hallway by Kris. “Thankyou Oppa!” she yelled happily and continued to cook, thankful it was finally quiet in the kitchen. D.O had warned her earlier that this kitchen was like Camelot, a strong fortress with a heavy weapon supply, but it was constantly under attack.

She had to defend it to the last teaspoon and the last butter knife.

She heard SuHo curse at Kris grumpily and managed to glance out the door in time to see SuHo retreating to the lounge room and sit on D.O, ignoring the Ummas presence entirely. Just using him as a chair. Chanyeol however would not give up.

“Hyung! Im starving! Please!?!” He whined but Kris shook his head. “No stop annoying Sophie. She is cooking after all, imagine how worse it would be if D.O caught you.”

“Hey!” the Umma yelled from the lounge room, already busy with the impossible task of shoving SuHo onto the floor. Nobody stole D.O s seat. Nobody.

“Please! Please Kris-Hyung!” Channie Whined.

“No.”

“But-AHHH!”

Suddenly a yell could be heard from the hallway and she saw the struggling Chanyeol being thrown over Duizhangs shoulder and carried into his room.

“Wu Fan you put me down now!” he was using Kris’s real name, somebody obviously wasn’t happy.

“Not until you shut up!” the leader yelled back, before slamming the door behind him as they entered Chanyeol’s room.

“Is this what it is like every night?” James asked as he hung over the back of the couch to talk to Sophie, his shoulders shaking from laughter.

“Oh no.” D.O said shaking his head, finally succeeding in pushing SuHo off the seat with a loud THUD.

“It’s worse.” The abandoned leader said from the floor, rubbing his backside and glaring up at the groups Umma. D.O grinned innocently back at him before switching his attention back to the TV.

The oven dinged signalling dinner was ready, and a loud bang could be heard from the hallway. “Chanyeol heard the Appliance speak, it won’t be long now…..” SuHo said warily from the floor, refusing to move from his new position.

As if it was magic, 3 doors swung open in the hallway and 7 boys tumbled out before stampeding for the kitchen. James quickly leapt from the couch and stood protectively in front of the doorway, shielding Sophie from the starving horde.

“Sit!” he demanded pointing at the large table in the middle of the room and Kai, Sehun, Tao, BaekHyun, Chanyeol (who had somehow escaped Kris’s capture), Chen, and Xiu Min all sat down immediately, eager for food. She felt pride in her friend for his control over the boys and shot him a thankful grin.

2 other doors banged open and Kris emerged from Chanyeols room, rubbing his head. “He shoved me into the goddamn wall to get out here, so those tacos better be fricken delicious.” The leader muttered sitting down across from the Happy virus and sending him death glares.

Lay followed close behind him and sat down silently, waving at James and Sophie in the kitchen. “Umma, Appa! Chows up! Come and sit down!” Sophie shouted from the kitchen filling the serving bowls with James’s help. “You don’t have to help me you know, you’re a guest.” She muttered at the Diva before grabbing a jug of water out of the fridge. She didn’t want him thinking he was obliged to help her. She was the one who invited him after all.

“I’m a guest in the house of 12 attractive Idols. I’m the one who owes YOU!” he said before a pondering looked crossed his face, “Well 11 attractive Idols and one annoying maknae but let’s not get technical.”

She chuckled at the contemporary boy before carrying the plates out and placing them on the table. She sat down next to Lay and James before gesturing for the boys to dig in.

“Thankyou! We will eat it well!” the all said in synch before beginning to fill their Tacos, Sehun showing the unexperienced Kai how to do it without spilling any ingredients. She was about to start on her first Taco when she heard the tell-tale sound of ‘Sherlock’ by SHINee echo down the hallway. Her goddamn phone.

“If that is Heather I am going to kill her.” She muttered staring longingly down at her masterpiece. She quickly turned to Lay and pointed at the Taco, “Yixing, defend this with your life!” she said before rushing down the hallway and bursting through the door of her room.

Or what she thought was her room. But she recognised her mistake a moment too late.

She was standing in the middle of LuHans room, staring at a Half LuHan who had just emerged from the shower with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Crap, she went one room to far. She flung her hands over her eyes before bowing slightly. “I am so sorry! I-um-I just went—I didn’t---Ah Aishh!” she shouted before running out of the room slamming the door behind her and throwing her own door open.

She rushed over to her phone on the bedside table and answered the call, “Heather if this is you, I am going to be really pissed!” she growled into the phone.

“Sorry.” The red head said on the other line chuckling slightly before hanging up. Gosh she was infuriating sometimes, she at least wanted to know what the call was about! It must have been pretty important considering it made her walk in on a fricken HALF LUHAN FRESH OUT OF THE DAMN SHOWER! Was she in a fricken day time television drama? She threw her phone on the bed and sat next to it, head in her hands.

Gosh that was mortifying.

She tried and failed to stop that unwanted, but admittedly hot, image from re-appearing. The way LuHans skin was still slightly wet from the shower he had just taken, his light brown hair soaked and sticking to his neck and forehead, toned muscles leading down his smooth chest. It was gorgeous, and – and she was a fricken ert! “Sophie, clear your mind, right now!” she muttered hitting herself on the head with her palm.

She slowly breathed in an out, mustering up the courage to leave the room and did so. Unable to hide the tell-tale flush in her cheeks. She walked into the living room and was faced with 12 oblivious boys tucking into their dinner. “Heather?” James asked mid chew.

“I am going to kill that shorty.” She grumbled sitting down where her eyes met with the untouched taco. She pressed a kiss to Lays cheek, “Thankyou Lay!” she said happily and he laughed. “You really like tacos don’t you?” he asked before taking a bite of his own.

She nodded before Kai interrupted her. “For good reason! These are amazing!” he squealed from the end of the table. Xiu Min and Chen high fived and Sehun laughed as Kai started on his 4th serving.

 “The sheltered Dancing Machine has finally found the light.” She chuckled shaking her head.

“He is saved!” BaekHyun called from the end of the table doing a small celebration dance in his chair.

“Hallelujar!” SuHo and Tao yelled at the same time, both swinging their arms in the air.

Sophie was chuckling at the boys immaturity when LuHan chose that exact moment to enter the living room (fully dressed thankfully) and sit across from Sophie, smirking smugly. Eyes intently staring at the floor. She refused to look at him and dug into her meal, not letting the embarrassing intrusion ruin her good mood.

She quickly consumed 5 tacos before stopping, not wanting to get a stomach ache later. She had learnt from her passed mistakes. Xiu Min however had not, head in it’s usual position on the table. A half circle of plates and strewn ingredients surrounding him like a barricade.

“What’s up with him?” James asked pointing at the virtually unconscious idol.

“Don’t ask.” Sophie said, waving off his question before pouring herself a glass of water.

Chen lifted the black holes head off the table and stared into his eyes. Studying his face. “He is alive, just hungry.”

“Why am I never full Chen?” Xiu Min whispered angrily eyes bulging comically, “Why?!” he cried before the younger replace his head on the table patting his head gently before turning back to his meal.

“So damaged.” Lay muttered from next to her and grinned at his fellow M members.

Once everybody had eaten sufficiently (excluding Xiu Min but what can you do?), D.O sent Chanyeol and SuHo to clean up, considering they were the ones annoying Sophie while she was cooking. And nobody argued with Umma. Sophie grinned triumphantly at the rapper and the leader of K as they plodded into the kitchen carrying plates and empty glasses. They totally deserved it.

James and Sophie linked arms and sat down on the large couch while the other boys cleared the table. Once everything was clean everybody joined them in the lounge room to watch Kung Fu Panda, Tao’s choice.

Everybody chose their seats in the loungeroom; Lay, Chen, Tao and Xiu Min lying on the floor staring up at the screen, D.O in his normal chair, SuHo on another recliner, Kris, Chanyeol and Baekhyun squished on one loveseat attempting to push each other off for more space, Sehun and Kai lounging on the other while James sat at one end of the long couch with Sophies head resting on his knee and LuHan sitting with her legs over his lap. Similar to the way they sat the first night Sophie was there.

Once everybody was comfortable Tao let out a cute squeal of joy and pressed play, watching intently as the first scene played across the screen. Eyes flipping between the Hangul subtitles and the cartoon pictures.

James chuckled at the boys immaturity and lent down to whisper to Sophie, “Yeah I definitely like this maknae more.” He chuckled twirling one of his ear piercings in his fingers. Sehun sent him a glare from across the room and the Diva poked his tongue out at him but made a love heart with his                                                                                     fingers nonetheless.

They sat in a comfortable silence for most of the movie interrupted only by Tao excited squeals and random wushu moves when he got a little too into the fight scenes. Until BaekHyuns phone went off halfway through the film causing Tao to shoot daggers at him from his eyes. The eyeliner loving idol quickly crept out of the room to answer the call before tiptoeing back in ten minutes later, trying not to disturb the Kung Fu Tao Panda.

After that they all started yelling manically at the television when the fights scenes occurred, the room clearly split between who was rooting for the hero and who was backing the villain. A heated fight ended up breaking out between Tao and Chen over who was the better Kung Fu master; Po or Tigress. They ended up grappling on the floor, the other 10 boys circling around them egging them on while James and Sophie continued to lie on the lounge trying to see around the congregation and pay attention to the film. James never having seen it before.

“Tigress is clearly better! I’m mean look at her! She is amazing!” Chen yelled gesturing to the television as Tao held him down by his neck and sat on his chest, pinning him to the floor.

“Kung Fu Panda all the way hyung! Po is the best! I mean he IS the dragon for crying out loud! He gets the scroll and everything!”

“Oh please it is just a blank golden scroll!”

Tao leaped of the lead vocalist, pointing at him comically. “Blasphemer! How dare you insult,” he reached for the television dramatically, voice full of worship and adoration. “The Dragon scroll!”

“Aish! Tao you are a fool!” Chen said leaping on him.

“Hyungs help me!” he yelled and James threw popcorn at Chens back.

“Tao you pabo, you are a wushu master, just kick him or something.” The diva remarked eyes glued to the screen as he chomped on his popcorn. Sophie wondered how after eating an unbelievable amount of Tacos he still had room for that.

“But that is disrespectful!” Tao said from under Chen hold, the elder grinning victoriously.

SuHo scoffed, “Please you had him pinned down a second ago with your hand around his throat!”

“Yeah, it’s a little late for table manners.” LuHan chuckled agreeing with the leader.

“Or bedside manners considering the way he is straddling you right now.” James added, voice void of any emotion as his eyes were still glue to the screen.

 The elder vocalist leapt off the maknae and sprinted to other end of the room like he was avoiding the plague. The entire room erupted in giggles and Lay threw more popcorn at Chens emotionless face. “Not funny guys.” He said.

“Your right it’s fricken hilarious.” Sophie added, loosing all composure and nearly falling off the couch saved only by LuHans grip on her legs and The Diva grasping her shoulders at the last second.

The boys finally calmed down and returned to their places in the lounge room, the atmosphere calming down again and as it neared towards the end of the film Sophie felt her eyelids become heavy. She let out a large yawn and closed her eyes, glad for the quiet.

James leant down to whisper in her ear, “Can I stay the night? I don’t really know this section of town and I’m worried about getting lost on the way home.”

“The only free room is one opposite the maknaes.” She warned, one eye open and staring at the dancer. He chuckled and shook his head. “I think I will take my chances. I can deal with Sehun and Taos not that bad.”

She nodded, not really listening. Her entire body collapsing from exhaustion. “Appa?” she murmured and she heard SuHo hum in response.

“Can James stay the night in the room opposite Tao and Sehun. He doesn’t live around here.” She said sleepily, trying to sound at least partially coherent.

“Sure, but it’s his funeral.”

James chortled, “Please I deal with Sehun on a daily basis and he knows I won’t take his crap-

“Love you too bro.” the maknae muttered from the couch across the room.

“If he wakes me up to early, I will just set fire to his Korean essay that’s due tomorrow.” He finishes, ignoring Sehuns comment.

“You wouldn’t dare.” Sehun said, suddenly scared of the Diva. Sophie opened her eyes to see a terrified look on the maknaes face. He seemed to be studying James features for any signs of bluffing. He puffed his cheeks out cutely and blew his fringe out of his face, “Who am I kidding of course you would.” He admitted relaxing back in the chair.

She chuckled and snuggled closer to the Diva, glad her friend was finally here after everything. He ruffled her hair lightly and she pouted before rolling over to face the back of the couch and closed her eyes. She was about to drift off to sleep when a soft feeling ran over her calf. She peeked down and saw LuHan absentmindedly drawing patterns on her leg as it was draped over him.

She smiled shyly and closed her eyes again, trying to ignore the weird feeling in her chest and stomach. LuHan had been surprisingly nice lately, well nicer than usual. And she knew he was growing on her. She just didn’t want things to get out of control.

And she had a feeling if he kept up this nice-boy act, it wouldn’t be long until she would fall for him.

A/N I updated quickly because i was slack and forgot to update this site :P sorry guys <3 <3

I will update a chapter again tomorrow since i have been writing them i have just been ignorant of this account  :(

Thankyou for reading! please comment and tell me who you are so i can thanyou! I know this isn't very popular and their arne't many readers but i love all who do <3 <3 <3 *hugs*

-sha