Chapter 15

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

 

Sophies P.O.V

“Sophie?!”“Noona?!”“Mei-Mei?!” three unnaturally cheery voices called as the bubbly owners burst through her bedroom door, interrupting her pleasant sleep. She momentarily wondered how she got in her bed since she remembered passing out on the lounge but her curiosity was pushed aside as the Sehun, James and Tao leapt on her bed and began jumping.

“Maknaes and Man Diva, get off my bed. Now.” She groaned sleepily, throwing a pillow in their general direction. A body collapsed beside her, “No Fi you have to get uuuupppp!” Sehun moaned poking her cheek. She rolled over to the face the opposite direction, ignoring the rainbows complaints.

Somebody fell next to her on the other side, “Noona we have school. And while I am not adverse to the idea of sleeping in and skipping, we have dance today. And I can’t wait to see the teachers face when you show up!” James squealed pinching her cheeks.

“Just face it Mei-Mei;” Tao said from above her, “You’re getting up.” She let out a huff before rolling onto her back, staring up at the over energetic panda standing at her feet.

Another boy who looked like Yixing (but Sophie couldn’t be sure considering it was way too earlier for her to be up) popped his head in the door. “Get up before LuHan does, or all the hot water will be gone.” He warned running a towel through his hair before disappearing down the hall.

“Thanks Lay-Hyung.” Sehun called after the blurry figure. Oh so it was Lay.

Sophie let out a groan before pushing herself up onto her elbows, “Do I really have to get up?”

“It’s either that or we go get Chanyeol the tornado to join us.” Tao said smiling innocently.

“IM UP!” She said rolling over Sehun and landing on the floor, leaping to her feet quickly. The 3 boys laughed at her and climbed off the King Sized heaven more commonly known as - a bed. “Go have a shower already you zombie.” James mumbled pressing a light kiss to her temple before dragging the boys out of the room.

Sophie mumbled a response before grabbing her towel off the hook on the door and stumbling down to the bathroom. Where she already heard the shower running. The door next to her opened and a very tired looking SuHo emerged. “LuHan beat you too it.” Was all the walking dead mumbled before shuffling down the hall. She momentarily wondered why SuHo was so tired in the morning before anger flared inside of her.

She turned back to the door and banged her fist on it, “LuHan you had a shower last night! Some of us need to have personal hygiene as well you know!” she yelled and she heard an arrogant chuckle come from the other side of the door.

“Shut up and finish!” she yelled in response.

The shower continued to run but she heard the glass door slide open and some shuffling coming from inside. What was he doing? Suddenly the door swung open and his head popped out, towel loosely wrapped around his waist.

“If you can’t be patient we can always share.” He commented smugly and she flicked him on the head. “You didn’t have a problem with seeing me basically last night, then falling asleep half on top of me.”

She poked her tongue out and pretended to gag, “If only the girls in my dance class knew what such a the TA could be.”

He chuckled poking her nose, “That’s not a ‘no.’”

She huffed and blew her fringe out of her face. This boy was relentless and frustrating – and half . But she still found the strength to say; “No. I’ll just wait until you are finished.” She the balls of her feet and strutted down the hallway, throwing her towel in her room.

“Suit yourself.” A smug voice said from behind her and she waved him off before hearing the bathroom door close again. She made her way into the kitchen and spotted Xiu Min serving himself some breakfast.

“Morning Mei-Mei, everybody else except for LuHan has eaten so dig in!” he gestured at the waffles, eggs and bacon on the bench. Obviously D.O decided on western food this morning. She served herself a plate and Xiu Min came back in moments later for seconds.

“Bwoh? Honestly how fast do you eat?” she asked shocked, black hole theory proved. He can eat a whole plate of food in under 2 minutes. Freak.

“Pretty fast.” She saw him leave enough food for LuHan but pile the rest on his plate when an evil idea struck her. “Xiu Min?” Oh he was going to HATE her for this. And the prospect of pissing off the arrogant deer made her extremely excited.

“Yeah Mei-Mei?”

“LuHan told me earlier he wasn’t that hungry so if you want the rest, that’s okay.” She said, innocence coating her voice. She always was a great liar.

His face lit up at the prospect of more food, “Really?” he asked almost giggling.

“Yeah, tuck in Oppa.” She said before leaving the kitchen, victorious smile on her face. That will teach LuHan to take all her hot water! She sat down next to James who was caught up in a conversation with Tao and she ate in silence, Cheshire grin never leaving her face.

Chanyeol sat down next to her placing a large box in front of her In the middle of the table. “That has your school uniform in it, Sehun forgot to give it to you yesterday when he brought it home.” He said chuckling before a voice boomed from the hallway.

“Chanyeol!” Kris called appearing in the doorway. “Get in here now!” The happy viruses smiled widened and skipped over, grinning at the pissed off leader. Man that boy knew how to annoy people within an inch of their lives. Kris simply pointed down the hall and Chanyeol padded off, the dragon following in the tornadoes wake.

“One day that boy is going to get that grin slapped off his face.” LuHan chuckled as he emerged from the hallway before making his way over to the kitchen. He smirked at Sophie, “It seems we have run out of hot water.” He gaffawed before entering the kitchen.

“Well it seems we have run out of breakfast.” She called after him finishing the last bite on her plate, grinning triumphantly. She heard some clattering in the kitchen before a very pissed off LuHan leapt out of the doorway at the un expecting Xiu Min who was innocently eating the aforementioneds breakfast.

And it was all Sophie’s doing.

She felt so proud.

“Xiu Min? Why. Did. You. Eat. My. Breakfast?” LuHan said slowly, gripping the elder by the collar of his shirt. The shocked Baozi gaped at Sophie and she shot him an apologetic smile, she didn’t want him to get hurt. But this was just too funny. She heard Sehun and James chuckle from next to her, they obviously figured out her master plan.

“Why?” he repeated, glaring holes in Xiu Mins head and she felt a shiver run down her spine. That look reminded her of dance class a while back. I guess he only got this protective over his friends,

And his food.

What is up with these boys and their goddamn food?!

“Im sorry LuHan!” Xiu Min squealed, his face going impossibly paler. Lifting the almost empty plate from the table and holding it between them as a peace offering. “Please didi, spare my life.” He whispered desperately, eyes widened comically in fear.

Sophie lost it. She fell off her chair and erupted in giggles at the sight before her and realisation crossed LuHans face. He immediately dropped the elder boy from his grasp and strode over to the giggling girl, crumpled on the floor.

Before she could protest he lifted her off the ground and threw her over his shoulder before stalking down the hallway and opening her bedroom door. Sophie began to beat her firsts on his back as he carried her across the room. “YAH!! Put me down you bi-polar arrogant deer!” she shouted and he threw her on the bed before turning around, flicking the lock on the OUTSIDE of the door and pulling it shut.

She sprinted across the room and tested the doorknob.  Yep, locked. She banged her fist on the door, “LuHan let me out!” she screamed and she heard him chuckle on the other side of the door. “Let me out!” she whined stomping her feet immaturely. “Im sorry about your breakfast but you freaking deserved it! I don’t get to have a shower now!”

“You should’ve gotten up earlier!” he shouted back.

“You know I’m a zombie in the morning!”

“So am i!”

“Yeah but since when do you get up before 10 anyway? It’s like 8:30!”

“Since I’m the one who has to drive you to school, Kris has to meet up with the manager!”

“I appreciate the offer, but I could just catch a bus!”

“I wasn’t doing it for YOU! Sehun and James need a lift too!” He shot back and he flicked the lock before barging back in the room and closing the door behind him.

“What is your problem! Why are you so fricken bi-polar!” she shouted at him as he entered her room. “Do you just find it funny, annoying the out of me!?”

“No I don’t!” he yelled stepping forward glaring at her. Usually she would back off because that glare was deadly. But not this time, she wanted answers. And she was going to fricken get them.

“Well why can’t you make up your goddamn mind! Choose whether to be nice or whether to be a pain in my because you can’t swing both!” she knew she was going too far but she was at her wits end.

“I-“

“No! Okay even though I said I didn’t mind before, I want answers! I want to know why you freaked out that night when I found you at the gate! I want to know why you were so nice to me then and an to me now! I want to know why you have these freaking moments where you switch back and forth between arrogant and nice LuHan, and I want to know NOW GODDAMIT!”

The entire room went silent as Sophie came down from her rant, her face read from anger and her fists shaking. She felt a stinging pain run up her arm and she looked down at her palm where red crescent shaped wounds had been cut into her hand from her fingernails. LuHan looked at her hands and stepped forward, face void of any emotion.

His thumbs ran soothing patterns over her palms, caressing the angry red marks away. Sophie felt her anger float away with the pain. She looked up and saw a pained look in the idols eyes and he avoided her gaze. Guilt instantly crashed over her and she knew she had crossed a line.

LuHan concentrated on rubbing the wounds on her hands she let out a shaky sigh, “LuHan, I’m-I’m sorry.” She muttered quietly, staring down at their hands. “I shouldn’t have said that it’s none of my business.” The boy stayed quiet, studying their hands intently. She couldn’t believe she actually demanded him to tell her his secret, after she promised never to bring it up again.

Regret flooded her body and she felt a tear run down her cheek. How would you like It? Her conscience chided at her How would you like it if he interrogated you about your past! They way you parents would beat you. Say you weren’t good enough. That you would never amount to anything! It continued and tears fell freely down her cheeks.

--Flash Back—

THWACK! Echoed throughout the dead house as her fathers fist collided with her exposed rib, young skin already marked with scars and bruises. “Your pathetic.” The man she used to call father spat as he loomed over her, “You can’t do anything right and I am tired of your !” he shouted, his work boot kicking into her stomach.

“You disgust me, you ugly, fat, filthy piece of trash! How dare you bring shame to this house?!” his eyes shot daggers at her and her damaged skin came up in painful goosebumps.

“I am sorry father.” Sophie croaked, trying to push herself up onto her knees but he kicked her back to the floor. When would this torture end, couldn’t she just die already?! These walls that used to offer her safety, merely entrapped her. Kept her hidden from the world as these monsters chose to beat her within an inch of her life.

“Here honey, I think this will work better.” The sickly sweet voice of her mother echoed  in her mind as the woman passed the monster a leather strap.

“No! No please NO!” the young girl cried before a torturous pain explode across her back and a scream ripped from her lungs.

--End Of Flash Back—

Sophie let her tears fall freely as the memories of her parents flooded her mind. Everything she had locked up for so long in the back of her mind came spilling out and her tears followed suit.

LuHan thumbs swipe at the tears falling down Sophie’s cheeks. “Hey, hey it’s okay I’m not mad.” He said with a small smile. She averted her gaze, not able to look the boy in the eye. He grabbed her chin and made her look at him, “I’m sorry for being an . I know I act arrogant and sarcastic but sometimes I take it a little too far.”

Sophie sniffled and chuckled, how did he end up being the one to apologise? The elder boy rubbed her arms before pulling her into a comforting hug. “Im sorry Mei-Mei.” She let out a small laugh at the use of her nickname.

After everything. He was the one to apologise. Seemed about right.

Your pathetic. Her father voice echoed in her mind. And she was, she attacked the one part of LuHan she promised she never would. His past. She clung to him tighter, trying to fight back the next wave of tears.

“Im so-orry too. I-I was the one that went t-too far this time, I promise never to bug you about it again-n.” She croaked, muffling the tears still beating at the floodgates. She hugged him tighter and let one last tear go before composing herself. And this time she meant what she said. Whatever LuHan was hiding was his business, not hers.

He let out a nervous chuckle, “I will probably tell you eventually. But not right now.” He rested his cheek on the side of her head and tightened his hold around her waist. “Now is not the best time.” She felt comforted by the boy hugging her, even though they had been at each others throats not five minutes ago. She let out a quick giggle.

“What?” he said pulling away smiling, he kept his hands on her waist and searched her face. “What’s up?”

“Us. We are weird people.” She chuckled shaking her head.

“Yeah we are.” He admitted laughing with her, his face lighting up and Sophie couldn’t help but smile. That smile. It was real. Not like his sarcastic smirk or cute grin. It lit up his entire face, made him glow. He was gorgeous. She felt red flush her cheeks and averted her eyes.

“Come on lets go, you still have to get ready and James I going to kill me for yelling at you.” He said oblivious to her embarrassment, but a fearful expression crossed his face.

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of the Diva.” She let out an exasperated sigh.

“Hey! I met Kim Kibum of SHINee once, the biggest Diva of them all. And he was a scary when he wanted to be!” his eyebrows bunched together and a scare smile appeared on his face. “And I have a feeling this James kid is worse.”

“Don’t wont princess,” she said using the EXO fans name for him, “Ill protect you.” She chided patting his head. He pouted and she pinched his cheeks. Trust him to be scared of the mascot of sunshine, rainbows and unicorn tears.

But then again, he was right.

James could be fricken terrifying.

“Come on I actually do have to get ready, or we are going to be late. Thank god I don’t have dance first period.” She said and he let go of her waist as they made their way to the door. Suddenly he paused, and turned back to her.

“Sophie, you do have dance first.” He chuckled shaking his head nervously.

“Great, this is going to go SO well.” Sophie muttered before leading him out of the room.

“Hey don’t worry about it. Both me and The Diva will be there!” she said his hand reaching for hers. “And no pigheaded teacher is going to hurt our Sophie,” he said as the made their way back into the living room. “Right?” he asked the scowling Diva.

“Right.” James admitted but shot daggers at LuHan, this was going to be an interesting day.

A/N

Thankyou for reading and commenting!! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, and im sorry this chapter was so dramatic and bi-polar <3

SarangHae

-Sha