Chapter 08

Blood Romance

CHAPTER 08;

 

                                                                                                                                                                                              

 

Now that Yunhee knows the harsh and unwanted truth about the school she was in, all she ever wanted to do was to blend in and stay low. Why bother trying to stand out or even try to fit in? This school obviously wasn’t for her. Neither did she want herself to be a victim of a blood er. She just wanted to get through high school without anyone finding out or even noticing her.

But that wasn’t going to be as easy thanks to her lovely roommate, Kasey, who earned compliments and stares by merely walking down the aisle of corridors. She was holding onto someone, her arms were intertwined with someone’s. Someone who didn’t seem that interested in her as she was in him.

Yunhee squinted her eyes a little to get a view of who it was and to her surprise, she saw Oh Sehun.

“Oh Sehun? With that bimbo? Are you kidding me?” Yunhee whispered to herself, feeling a little more anger than amusement. And it made her wonder why she felt that way. It was just Sehun.

Then, to her worst every nightmare, Kasey was walking towards her direction, giving her the usual face she had. She was coming for her, and before she knew it, Kasey and Sehun was right in front of her, with the whole student population forming a circle around them, like there was a show starting there.

“Well, if it isn’t the ugly duckling.” Kasey snarled, earning giggles and laughter from the crowd. She took a step forward towards Yunhee, while pulling Sehun, who was still looking away. “Look at you clothes.” She scanned her from top to bottom while clicking her tongue.

Poor little Yunhee obviously did not have fashion on her mind while putting her outfit together today. She was just trying to cover herself up so they wouldn’t be able to catch her human scent.

“You look just tragic today.” She said while the whole crowd laughed at her insult. That just hurt Yunhee, and she wasn’t going to back off.

“No.” Yunhee trailed. “Tragic, is loading yourself with so much mascara,” Yunhee paused to bend a little closer to her. “You can’t even blink.” With that, Yunhee gave her a smirk and caused the whole population to burst out in laughter, leaving the hot-headed Kasey embarrassed. Yunhee took a little glance at Sehun, even he was laughing secretly, trying his best to pull of his poker face.

“Yah!” Kasey screamed, making the quiet Sehun turn to her in disgust.

“How annoying can you get.” A sigh escaped his lips while he pulled her arms away from his, breaking their link. Sehun took just one last glance at Yunhee before walking away from the crowd. That one last glance made her feel so happy. Heck, it made her say. She smiled at his back figure, feeling somehow victorious.

“Yah! How dare you embarrass me in front of my oppa!” Kasey screamed again. This time, her face was filled with extreme anger.

“Oh, like you didn’t do the same.” Yunhee muttered under her breath, but the older heard it well enough to give her a glare. “Whatever.”

Yunhee turned around to leave, but felt her hair being pulled back, making her almost fall back. Yunhee grabbed the bunch of hair that was being pulled and screamed. “It hurts!”

“Serves you right, you low-life! How dare you!” Kasey spun around and threw her palm onto Yunhee’s face, giving her a stinging pain on the cheeks.

Yunhee stared at the ground in disbelief before reaching out to do the same to the older. She slapped her, harder and grabbed her perfect hair while the older did the same. They pushed and pulled, trying to knock each other down. But it all came to an end when Kasey finally grabbed a handful of the younger’s hair and pulled it down her face while her sharp nails scratched the cheeks of Yunhee. There was a scar, and it was bleeding.

Yunhee stopped her actions and stared at Kasey in disbelief, while the other just slapped her one last time. Now there were tears. “I told you not to mess with me, didn’t-” The older paused when the overwhelming smell of blood reached her. “That- that scent...” Kasey said, inhaling deeply between words. “Is that yours?”

Feeling the hot and thick liquid on her cheek, Yunhee’s blood boiled with anger. She was at her limit with Kasey and she just needed to teach that brat a lesson. She lifted up her head and glared intensely at Kasey. Even the older felt afraid now. Breathing deeply, Yunhee lost control. Kasey was now on the floor, with her hands on her head. She felt an excruciating pain in her head, and it was all happening because of Yunhee.

“Ah!” Kasey screamed at the top of her lungs, the pain was too much for her.

With that scream, Yunhee realized what she had just done and stared at her hands. “You ! What did you just do!” Kasey screamed at her while Yunhee took a step back. She had no idea what she had just done, honestly. She literally lost control. Now the whole crowd was staring at her, and that was when Yunhee noticed that her blood was dripping continuously.

Yunhee froze, they were all around her, how was she going to run? Their faces were filled with curiosity and fear at the same time. They knew there was something about her, something different.

“Yunhee.” Sungjong grabbed Yunhee’s wrist. “Let’s go.” He said and dragged her out of the crowd.

 

-

 

“Ouch,” The girl winced while the other placed some medication on her scratch.

“If you keep moving, I can’t do anything to help you.” Sungjong sighed and stared at her before continuing.

“Thanks..” Yunhee said, while staring at him. For once, she noticed how fine his features were. And for once, it left her breathless. It made her heart race. “I didn’t know what happened back there.. And I thought I was going to die for a moment.”

Yunhee paused, realizing that what she just said had the latter staring at her. “I mean because of her voice and her hair pulling and all.”

“Right.” Sungjong said before forcefully pasting a plaster onto her face. “It’ll take some time to heal.”

He looked up at her and noticed how their faces were only inches away. In that moment, all he felt was the dance his heart made, not the strong urge to taste her sweet blood. But it didn’t last long, it was hard to resist.

Yunhee could feel his hot breath on her as she looked into his eyes that started to glow. She knew what it meant. It meant that he was thirsty for her. For her blood. But she couldn’t move away, she wasn’t afraid, even though she knew how much danger she was in. And she didn’t know why. She felt safe with him.

Soon enough, the latter stepped back and closed his eyes. A tired expression filled his face and a troubled sigh escaped his lips.

“Why did you stop?” The words blurted out of the girl’s mouth shamelessly. It left the both of them shocked.

“You’re not safe around me, Yunhee.” Sungjong raked his hands through his hair and spoke. His eyes now the usual colour of yellow, a sign that he was back to being sane.

“Well, I don’t care.” Yunhee stated daringly, while she hopped off the table. “I wasn’t afraid.”

She found out? Sungjong’s world turned upside down that very moment. It was dangerous, too dangerous for her. They can’t find out that she knows. He knew the consequences of his brothers finding this out. And he needed to save her. “Stay away from me from now on.” He hissed fiercely.