Surprise!

Never- Ending Love

Tenth Day of the Fifth Month 1801(Joseon Dynasty)

Wooyoung's POV

I was walking around the market again. The butterfly- shaped ornament was in my sleeves. I have been like this for the past three days. You may think I was mad or insane, but I really hoped we would meet again. It does sound crazy, because she might be anywhere. Her home, the forest, the other far end of the market, and the list goes on and on... Even the unimaginable places popped up in my head. So, I sometimes just slapped myself for thinking like that.

I was wandering aimlessly amongst the growing crowd. then I saw her. Her neatly braided hair swaying as she gently turned her head, revealing her charming smile. There she was... I walked up to her, trying to give her a surprise. However, before I could even tap her shoulder from the, I was the one taken by surprise.

"Yah!" Jieun screamed. With her hand in the air, ready to attack. "Oh! It's you! Hehe... Sorry if I gave you a fright. I am just this edgy..."

"Ah... Gwenchaneyo!" I said, still a little stunned. "Ah! Ah! Here!" I took the ornament out from my sleeve. "I want you to have this!" She seemed shock receiving a little gift from me. She slowly unwrapped the cloth enveloping the ornament. Her eyes sparkled as she observed the little trinket.

"This... This is really for me?" She asked shyly. "You should not have!" 

 "Er... Yeah... I saw it the day after we met, and I thought it suited you really well, so I decided to get it for you." I replied, but this time i was not looking into her eyes. Something was definitely wrong with me. Then, someone just has to ruin this perfect moment...

Jieun's POV

I was roaming around the market as I was feeling bored. Also, to recollect those memories of me and him, walking down the bustling street. I was admiring the beautiful ornaments displayed. A set of foot steps approaching my way disturbed my thoughts. The person was trying to be sneaky and tried to tiptoe over. I thought it was that bunch of men again who was looking for trouble. I turned to attack, to only find him...

"Yah!" Preparing to beat the person up, but only to realize it was that boy again, Wooyoung. "Oh! It's you! Hehe... Sorry if I gave you a fright. I am just this edgy..."

"Ah... Gwenchaneyo!" He said, probably a little stunned. "Ah! Ah! Here!" He took something out from his sleeve. "I want you to have this!" I was a little surprised because of his little surprise. I quickly opened it out of curiosity. It was a butterfly- shaped ornament. I was looking at this a few moments ago, and I liked it very much. How did he know I liked it? Must be some weird coincidence. 

"This... This is really for me?" She asked shyly. "You should not have!" 

 "Er... Yeah... I saw it the day after we met, and I thought it suited you really well, so I decided to get it for you."

Before I could open my mouth to tell him how much I liked his gift, someone's shriek just shut me back up again. "Jang Wooyoung goon!" A lady screamed. She was definitely fuming, for what reasons I do not want to know.

"Wooyoung goon! Who is she? And why are you giving the ornament to her?"

"Huh? Ah! Remember the cousin I was talking about? Yes! Here's the cousin I am talking about! I am just giving it to her for... For... Her safe trip her from her hometown." He lied. What? I was his cousin? Why is he using me?

"Oh! Then! Annyeonghasaeyo! I am Miyoung, Wooyoung's wife," she said with a bright smile. Wait, did she just say wife? My heart felt like it shattered into pieces hearing those words, "Wooyoung's wife"... I was speechless at that moment.

"Ah... Ne... Listen... I've got to go. See you again, Miyoung..." Those were the only words I could force out of my mouth. I bowed to both of them and took off, with tears unknowingly forming in my eyes.

Wooyoung's POV

"Oh! Then! Annyeonghasaeyo! I am Miyoung, Wooyoung's wife," Miyoung intorduced. Wait. What did she just say?

"Ah... Ne... Listen... I've got to go. See you again, Miyoung..." Jieun said with a forced smile. She then bowed and sprinted off into the crowd.

Oh no. Why did this have to happen?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ja! Another chap up like I promised! Hope you enjoyed it and leave any feedback below! Goodnight everyone^^