A Surprise in the Modern World

Never- Ending Love

2nd May 2012

Wooyoung's POV

Thump thump thump thump, went my heart, beating so heavily and fast against my chest, that it may have surpassed the normal heart rate of anyone at my age. I was standing outside of the eatery, waiting for Jieun to come out and pass her a little gift. It was a silver butterfly- shaped keychain, with pink gems engraved on it. I hope she would like it, because I did not know what to get for her, and I rarely buy presents for girls. Yes, that includes my own mother and Miyoung.

After 15 minutes of waiting, Jieun finally came out of the eatery with a few of her friends. Nervous and lost, I ran and hid behind the bush. Oh Jang Wooyoung! What is wrong with you? It is just her and her friends. No big deal, so why are you acting like this? I tried to get out of my little hiding spot, but my legs would not allow me to. Great. I got up and followed her, and soon, her friends began to disperse one by one. Then she was all by herself when she reached the bus stop. Now's your chance. Don't screw it up. I hastened my pace and got to her side.

"Hey, Jieun! How're you doing? Erm... Here is a little gift for you! I hope you liked it. Erm... I gotta go... Bye!"

Before I ran off, her smooth hands grabbed mine. "Wait! Before you run off, may I ask you question?"

"Y... Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

"Would you like to go out with me tomorrow evening?"

"Tomo... Tomorrow e... evening? Sure! I would love to go out with you!" I said. I must have made a weird and awkward smile, because she started to give out a little giggle. Oh... Her giggle... 

"Oh! Here's my bus! Gotta go! Have a safe journey and see you tomorrow!"

"Ah! Ne! You too, Jieun."

Bullseye! I began to walk off, with a little skip in my gait, forgetting how much I hav screwed up earlier on.

Jieun's POV

 

"Would you like to go out with me tomorrow evening?" I blurted out from my mouth.

"Tomo... Tomorrow e... evening? Sure! I would love to go out with you!" 

"Oh! Here's my bus! Gotta go! Have a safe journey and see you tomorrow!"

"Ah! Ne! You too, Jieun."

After boarding the bus, I looked out of the window, and waved at the tall fellow standing outside. He waved a little back at me. When he waved, my heart kind of exploded a bit. Am I really in love? Whatever it was, I ought to look my best for tomorrow.