Nice Meeting You

Never- Ending Love

Second Day of the Second Month 1800(Joseon Dynasty)

Wooyoung's POV

Not too long, we reached a hill not too far from the market, panting like dogs. I looked up and saw the pretty girl. Her face was a little round and red, probably from the running and the heat. Still, they looked so tender, they tempted to me to touch those cheeks of hers. She looked up and saw me. I continued to stare and observed her beautiful face features. It was like she was delicately carved by the gods themselves. Her eyes, were big as the pearls appoji bought for ommuni, sparkling in the dim light. A bead of perspiration slid down her delicate skin from her forehead down to her button nose. Her lips were thin and cherry red, completing the painting that stood in front of me. My heart skipped a beat as I continued to look at her. It was nothing I have not felt before in my twelve years of existence. Could it be...? Impossible! She was such a beauty though...

Jieun's POV

We reached a little hill in the outskirts of the market. I bet we have shaken those thugs. Phew! What a run! I have not run this far and fast before. When I looked up from my current postition, I noticed the guy who came to my rescue was staring blankly at me. I've got to say, he is quite an attractive looking guy. Face a little round, with those chubby cheeks. Those sparkling little eyes of his...

What was I saying? Looking at the way he dressed, he must be from a rich family. Me? I was just a poor girl who needed to steal and con others to fend herself. We were definitely worlds apart. This fellow would never like me.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! Wooyoung ibnida!" the fellow said, with his arm stretched. 

"Erm... An... Annyeonghasaeyo... Jieun ibnida!" I introduced myself, as I took his hand. His hand was warm and firm. I felt like I did not want to let his hand go.

Wooyoung's POV

The pungmul by a few of the finest musicians could be heard from where we were standing. The music interrupted my chain of thoughts, as I remebered about the ceremony. I really did not want to go at all, but I bet would be slaughtered by appoji if he did not find me.

"Erm... Jieun... I've got to go now. I hope we will meet each other soon. See you another time!" I said, as I retrieved my hand from Jieun's hold and ran down the steep slope. As I ran from the base of the hill, I could not help but turn my head back and look at Jieun. She was still standing by the edge of the hill, looking out at me. She soon became smaller and smaller, until I could no longer see her.

"Young master! You are finally back!" Minjae said, with relief displayed in his whole face. "Where have you been? We've been looking for you everywhere the whole- Why are your clothes so filthy, young master?"

"Wooyoung!" a hoarse voice rumbled. "Look at you! Go and get ready for your bethrothal! The girl has arrived! You! make sure he does not disappear again!" My father ordered, and walked away. Minjae immediately ushered me into my room and helped to dress me up. As I dressed, pictures of Jieun's face flashed across my mind. Her face. Her beautiful face. Just by the thought of it just makes my heart flutter. I wanted to meet her again.

When the preparations were done, it was time to proceed with the ceremony. As the doors swung open, bright lights shone on my eyes, and I knew from that moment, my fate was sealed. And, I am going to change that.

2nd February 2012

Wooyoung's POV

The sudden bright light filled my vision, instantly waking me up from this dream. What was that all about? I had been having that same dream for some time, and I have this feeling like those dreams were deja vu. Nah! This dream seem to be happening centuries ago, how could I possibly be that Wooyoung I see in my dreams? No! No! It is impossible! Jang Wooyoung! snap out of it! But, I gotta say, that girl was a hot chick!

"Yo! Wooyoung! Aren't you gonna get ready? Sergeant is gonna kill us if he finds you still in bed!" my bunk buddy, Nichkhun said.

"Oh, arrasso! I'm coming! I'm coming!"

Both of us were talking about yesterday's training as we brushed our teeth. 

"Haha! Yeah! Kwon really messed it up big time yesterday," Nichkhun chuckled.

Narrator's POV

Nichkhun chuckled, thinking about how Jo Kwon, a fellow trainee in the same squad, had badly performed in their drill. He could not help but laugh whenever he thought about it. His laughter stopped as he saw Wooyoung staring blankly into the mirror, hands moving up and down as he brushed his teeth. He was like a souless zombie trying to brush his teeth.

"Yah! Are you ok, Woo?"

"Huh? Erm... Yeah! Why would I not be?"

"Well, my bud's soul just flew out and disappeared, leaving a robot to clean his parts. How about that?"

"What? I was just thinking... You know the dream I told you not too long ago? I've still been having it, and I don't know why. It feels like a broken recorder is stuck in my head or something."

"The very very old you and the girl, Jieun? Hmm... It must mean something. Like my mother always said, a dream that you always see might just come alive," Nichkhun teased, and took his toothbrush and mug before leaving the bathroom.

It might come alive? Wooyoung thought. Can it?