A Gift

Never- Ending Love

Seventh Day of the Fifth Month 1801(Joseon Dynasty)

Wooyoung's POV

It's been a week since we first spent time together, but it seemed like it only happened the day before. The things we did together kept playing in my head, with every detail so clear. I wanted to have more time spent like this. Time spent with her, seeing her sweet smile and hearing her melodic voice and laughter.

Of course, life does not always give you what you want. Mi Young has been becoming more of a pest now. She has been pestering me to go with her to the market and do some stuff for her lately. I wish we were not wedded sometimes. 

I was out in the streets again. I could not take staying home, taking some poetry lessons for a few hours. I was somehow reliving those precious moments with Jieun, as I walked down the market. A butterfly- shaped ornament caught my attention. It suited Jieun a lot. It did remind me of her a lot. Like the butterfly, she was very gorgeous and made my heart flutter. Without any hesitation, I bought it for her. I hope she liked it.

Mi Young's POV

"Ah! Where is he?" I muttered under my breath. Wooyoung disappeared again when I was cooking his meal. I just do not know how to handle him at all. One minute he was beside me, the next he was gone. Actually, I do not understand him at all either. I want to know what was in his mind, whet he thinks about. I want to know what was in his heart. I want to know how he feels about me, whether he feels the same way towards me as the way I feel towards him. There's a part me of me saying to always try getting closer to him, but we seemed to be getting much distant, as Wooyoung goon seemed to be getting more annoyed. I want him to be mine, and mine alone.

"I am home!" Wooyoung's voice interrupted my chain of thoughts.

"Oh! Wooyoung goon! You're home!"

"Uhm," he said and walked straight to his room. I started to walk back to the hall, when I stepped on something hard. It was wrapped with cloth. I picked it up and unwrapped it, out of curiosity. It was a butterfly- shaped ornament. Did Wooyoung buy this for me? "Oh! How sweet!" I whispered to myself, and attached it to my hanbok. It suited perfectly. 

With that ornament, my spirits were lifted and my troubles were all gone.

Wooyoung's POV

Finall, I got back home. The weather outside was humid. I wanted to put aside the ornament I got for Jieun. I wanted to take it out of my sleeve, but only found it missing. "Aeng? Where is it?" I asked ina a panic. 

"Wooyoung goon," Mi Young said as she stepped in. "Lunch is ready."

There was something up with her. She was rather happy. Happier than usual. As she turned around, something swinged in unison, catching my attention. It was the ornament!

"Oh! Mi Young!"

"Neh?"

"The butterfly- shaped ornament you've got there..."

"Ehm... I know it was from you... It is really pretty and I like it very much. Thank you, Wooyoung goon."

"Eh? Er... Mi Young ah... The ornament is not meant for you..."

"Mwo?"

"Yes... It was meant for... My cousin! Yes... My cousin... But! I will get you a better one! Better than this one! I promise!" I lied. However, when she heard that I was getting her an ornament, her  disappointed face immediately changed and brightened up. She immediately took the ornament off and passed it to me. "Here," she said with a big smile.

"Thank you," I said and left, feeling a little guilty. "Ah! Jang Wooyoung! What were you thinking?!" 

A/N: Annyeong! Sorry for keeping ya'll waiting... I was having a little trouble writing this chapter and had some class events to take care these few days... Sorry!!^^ " But I hoped you enjoyed it! I will write up the next chapter soon! See ya!^^