Laughter and sadness

On secrets and love

And then everything seemed to stop. Yongguk stared at Ariya and then at Daehyun. Daehyun stared at Jieun and then at Ariya. Ariya stared frightfully at Jieun. And Jieun stared at Yongguk. It seemed to go on forever.

Why is Jieun here? She had seen Yongguk walking around earlier. Heard him asking around about Ariya. Had felt the intense jealously rise within her. Hadn't she told her to back away from Yongguk? What was he doing? So of course, she couldn't resist following him. And now she knew.

That he was indeed looking for Ariya. And he even had her jacket? What? And oh my god. Is that Daehyun with Ariya? Under the piano? So now her ty loser half-sister had become friends with Daehyun too? Why did everyone love her anyway? And she proceeded to glare furiously at Ariya.

Yongguk felt a wave of nausea wash over him. No no no. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. First, this whole Daehyun thing and now Jieun?! He knew. That Jieun had followed him all the way here. He had felt someone following him but he was too preoccupied to really look into it. And he felt totally guilty about it now.

So feeling very responsible, he cleared his throat. The tension eased and everyone's eyes were on him. "Jieun." he called. Jieun's eyes brightened. Yongguk hadn't talked to her in years! Not since..Well, before. She walked forward hopefully. She decided to deal with Ariya later, she didn't want Yongguk to think badly of her. So she stored her anger away.

"Oppa.." she mummered, her voice sickeningly sweet. Yongguk felt his stomach churn, just the sight of her annoyed him. But he didn't want her to hurt Ariya. Because his mother had told him about just how anything could tip her over and ruin Ariya's life forever. So he plastered a tight smile on his face and clenched his fists. "Jieun-ah..I..I'll see you around." he finished lamely.

He couldn't think of anything else to say. He just wanted to distract her. Long enough for him to have some time with Ariya. To get to know her. For her to remember him. But something in Jieun's eyes dimmed. She had hoped Yongguk and her could have gone for lunch. But no.

And she wanted to get on dealing with Ariya. But no, she got the hint. Yongguk wanted her to leave. It's alright. She had all the time in the world to deal with Ariya later. So bowing politely, she left. And the tension immediately left the room.

Meanwhile, Daehyun hadn't noticed he had gotten into a postition that covered Ariya. Protected her. And Ariya...Woah. She was holding on to Daehyun's wrist tightly. But now. That guy in the doorway. Yongguk. Yongguk, right? The one Ariya had told her to stay away from. But no..Something else.

Yongguk. Jieun. Yongguk. Mrs.Park. Jieun. She stared, her eyes rounded slightely. The memories flooding back to her in waves. She was slowly putting everything together. Something about this incident had snapped her back into remembering. She slowly released Daehyun's wrist. Daehyun turned around, worried.

She crawled out from under the table and made her way slowly. A shy smile appearing on her face. Oh god! She remembered him. She felt like a little girl again. She always loved Yongguk. Always. He was so protective and nice and...Loving. She had loved him so much before Jieun had whisked him away. Maybe she had had a little crush on him. Maybe.

How could she have forgotten? All those magical playdates and adventures he used to bring her on. Suddenly, she didn't care about Jieun. Or her warning. Or even that stupid jacket. No. She was just so freaking excited to see him again. Being in that Jacket. Had made her lock away her memories. All of them.

But now, she remembered. "Yongguk oppa!" she squealed, she could not hold herself back. Maybe she felt a little longing. To be back in his arms. To be safe. To go back to when she didn't have to wear that jacket. Yongguk looked a little shocked. Because this sudden change in behavior was...Astounding.

But he knew one thing for sure. She remembered him. She really did. He opened his arms and she jumped into them. He spun her round and round, holding her tightly. Ariya squealed and laughed. Something she hadn't done in such a long, long time. When he put her down, she stared at him.

A large, happy grin on her face. "Oppa, I couldn't recong-And I'm so happy-And I missed you-And why didn't you come see-And where have you bee-" she chattered on and on, inbetween breaths. Yongguk grinned and pinched her cheek, like he used to do. "Did you miss me?" he asked cheekily.

Ariya grinned and nodded. Gosh, she hasn't been this happy since..Since forever! But she had missed Yongguk. A lot. And suddenly, she didn't want to wear that jacket anymore. She just wanted to be happy. With Yongguk. And he would protect her from Jieun. Just like when they were younger.

It may seem a little strange that Ariya would suddenly seem so excited and happy. When all along she's just been sulky and afraid. But Yongguk was her pillar of strength. Then and now. Everything would be alright.

Yongguk felt over the moon. Gosh! She remembered him! And she missed him, too! He had succeded his mission. To make Ariya remember him, all those good times. God, he never realized just how much he missed her. But now he did. And he could be with her all day long! He laughed, a deep happy laugh.

And Ariya laughed too. But wait, his mission was to get her to distance herself from that jacket, right? Yes, yes it was. Everything would be alright. He had a feeling that she would be more willing now. Oh my god, they were friends again! His little Ariya, all grown up. He studied her. Yes, he missed her very much.

But Daehyun continued to stare. Confused at first. But now sadly. He pieced together the puzzle. Yongguk knew Ariya. And she? Was totally smitten with him. His heart ached. He didn't even know her. But he wished she looked at him the way she did with Yongguk. With those beautiful green eyes.

He climbed out from under the piano and bowed quietly to his hyung. "Hyung.." he started. Yongguk looked at him, forgotton that he had been there. "Daehyun-ah!" he exclaimed, he was just so..Happy.

Daehyun looked hopefully at Ariya. Willing her to acknowledge him. Didn't they share something? What happened to everything before? But she was still staring adoringly and Yongguk.

"See you guys around." he sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets. He turned around and slipped past them.

And you know the worst part? They didn't even notice.

YAY! OKAY ANOTHER CHAPTER! SUDDENLY ARIYA IS HAPPY AGAIN! I HOPE IT WASN'T TOO ABRUPT! SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT<3