Loud crashes and silent thoughts

On secrets and love

She knew she shouldn't have been so mean to Mr.Lee. She knew he loved her just like she was his own daughter.

But she was hurt and afraid.

Hurt that she would have to go on training here just because he wanted her to, not giving her a say at all. And afraid. She was so afraid. Of the stares. Whispers. Those people. The dark thoughts formulating in her head. And most of all, afraid of herself. She wasn't sure how she was going to react to all this...attention. But she knew it wasn't good.

And so with the weight of the world hanging on her shoulders, she tugged at the hood and shoved her hands deep in her pockets. Her eyes trailing the floor, she shuffled forward. Step by step, not knowing or caring where she ended up.

But the long walk eventually came to a rather painful end when she walked right into a door. She looked up, surpirsed and irritated, to see that she had subconciously walked to the old vocal training room.

She smiled to herself, this was her favourite room.

When Mr.Lee brought her to the training centre when she was younger, she used to attend training sessions and just watch, mesmerised by the trainees' voices. It used to be used for vocal training before they moved it to that new, mirror-covered hellhole. She liked it because the room was in constant darkness, with only a little bit of sunlight peeking in from behind the blinds.

And best of all, no mirrors.

This room had no mirrors but a large grand piano in the middle of the room on the wooden floor. Ariya loved playing the piano, but that love of hers too had been killed off when Mr.Lee kept insisting his guests watch her play, which meant them looking at her and soon enough she stopped playing altogether. But today. Today was different. She was just SO sad.

And she wanted a reminder. A reminder of the past. Of better times.

On impulse, she slowly creaked the door open. Silently, she entered the room and just stood there. Looking around and letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Tears glistened in her eyes as a flood of memories rushed through her. She slowly walked towards the piano, unsure of herself. She let her fingers slide on the piano keys and continued looking around the room.

And then a loud crash snapped her out of her trance.

Shocked, Ariya jumped backwards and stared at the figure that was squirming under the piano. "Ah..Oh god. My head.." she heard someone grunt. But still in a state of confusion, Ariya continued to stand there, staring. It wasn't until a couple of mintues passed that Ariya realized that the figure under the piano was a boy. A trainee.

"You..You okay?" Ariya asked, slowly kneeling near the piano to get a better look. "Geez. Don't do that again. You looked like the reaper or something, standing there with your hood up. Gave me the shock of my life." the boy replied, annoyed. "I didn't mean to..I mean." Ariya stuttered, now seriously worried because he was still half-sitting up under the piano rubbing his head. "I'm..I'm fine." he said, looking at her.

And then he suddenly laughed. "Gosh. This is awkward. Listen, we got off to a bad start. I'm Daehyun by the way." he said, ducking his head to try to get a better look at her face. Ariya looked away, her face flushing with embarassment at this rather cute boy looking at her so intimately. She cleared and stood up, turning around to leave.

"Hey wait up! I just broke my head open and you're just going to leave?" Daehyun teased, getting up and dusting his jeans. "I'm Ariya. And your head is fine." she replied, still not turning around. Daehyun smirked, "Well. You owe me one, scaring me like that. So stay. What's the hurry?" he yawned. And with that, he turned around and sat behind the piano.

Ariya felt stuck. She knew she shouldn't be hanging around with this boy who she didn't even know. But, she DID owe him. And besides, he seemed..nice. Sighing, she turned around and stood beside the piano, arms folded. Daehyun raised an eyebrow and patted the space next to him on the piano seat, inviting her to sit. She felt her face flush but slowly inched her way beside him. "Well Ariya. Play me something." Daehyun suddenly demanded playfully.

Ariya froze.

She hadn't played the piano in a long time. But she suddenly wanted to. And so, she put her hands on the keys and said, "Well? What do you want me to play?" Daehyun pondered this and just shruged. "Anything." And Ariya rolled her eyes and just started playing whatever she felt. It turned out to be Seven's When I can't sing, which she loved. Daehyun nodded and started to sing along.

Her eyes widened. Daehyun had such...A beautiful voice. So kind and gentle.

And welcoming.

Eventually, the song came to an end, much to Ariya's disappointment. "That was fun." Daehyun said, breaking the silence that had hung between them. Ariya, feeling confident, turned to him and asked, "What were you doing under the piano?" Daehyun smiled sheepishly and ran a hand through his hair, "I...I was sleeping. Well. Not really. I like this room. Something about it. It just helps me think." he answered, looking at her to gauge her reaction.

But Ariya just nodded because she understood. She felt the same way. And all of a sudden, she felt like..Like she knew Daehyun. Even though she had just met him. But he was nice..And she decided she could trust him. Feeling adventurous, she opened to say something when Daehyun stood up.

Stretching, he looked at her, "I gotta go. Got vocal training. Again." He tried to see her reaction but the hood was still covering her face. "Well. You're in my class, aren't you?" he asked, suddenly frustrated at her lack of response. And of course..he wanted to see her face. Her eyes. 

But he didn't say anything and waited for her to respond. "Well yeah.. I am.." Ariya responded. He couldn't tell but she was studying his features. She realized, he had such kind eyes and hair that flopped in an adorable way. Daehyun just smirked and walked to the door. He looked over his shoulder, "Coming?" he teased. Ariya nodded dumbly and scrambled to the door.

And with that, they left. For vocal training.

Ariya wasn't sure. Wasn't sure what she was feeling. Or what this episode with Daehyun meant. Were they friends? She didn't know.

But she wanted to be. Badly.

Because Daehyun was nice. And caring. And just like an older brother to her. But still. She'd just have to wait and see.

And Daehyun? Well. He was sure that he liked her. As a friend, that is. But he was frustrated.

He wanted to see her, without that stupid jacket. She was beautiful. And those green eyes... But he knew that just telling her that wouldn't make anything happen. So he kept it to himself. And decided that he was going to befriend her. And slowly, coax her out of that jacket.

No matter what.

And of course, find out why she was wearing it. But that would take time. And Daehyun decided again, that it was worth it. To see Ariya without her jacket was going to be worth all the time and effort.

To see her beautiful green eyes. To be friends with her. To be someone she could trust.

It was going to be worth it.

YAY! OKAY ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE! I KNOW THERE WASN'T MUCH. BUT I PROMISEPROMISE THAT NEXT CHAPTER, THERE WILL BE LOTS OF ACTION GOING ON. I JUST WANTED TO ESTABLISH THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN ARIYA AND DAEHYUN. THEY'RE SO CUTE RIGHT? DAEHYUN IS SO NICE:PP BUT THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE VOCAL TRAINING AFTER THIS! *DUN DUN DUN* WHAT WILL HAPPEN BETWEEN ARIYA AND MRS.PARK? AND WHAT ABOUT YONGGUK. *CUE MYSTERIOUS MUSIC* COMMENT OKAYS? LOVE YOU ALL! (MAYBE I'LL UPDATE TOMORROW IF YOU GUYS THINK THERE WASN'T ENOUGH INTERACTION:P)