I remember.

On secrets and love

Mrs.Park looked up and studied her son's face. She saw worry..confusion.. And oh? Is that..No, it couldn't be.

She sighed once. "Yongguk ah, I..It's about Ariya, isn't it?" she glanced at him. Yongguk clenched his fists. Was it that obvious? "Yes. Yes, it is. She's in trouble." he stated, holding back his frustration. "I know-" she began but Yongguk slammed his fists on the table. "Then why did you do it?" he demanded.

His eyes cold and fierce. Mrs.Park cleared and stood up. Sitting on the desk, she looked into the eyes of her son. "You remember her, don't you?" she asked sadly.

Yongguk shook his head slowly. "No, I don't. I can't. But..That doesn't matter. I need you to give the jacket back to Ariya. You can't..You can't do this again. If you hurt her..you hurt me." he let out a slow breath and looked at his mother, his eyes full of longing.

Yongguk blamed her. Blamed her for what had happened with Jieun. He loved Jieun. A lifetime ago.

But..He had found out. That Jieun..She was only going out with him because..Because of his mother. Because she wanted to debut. And she thought that by dating the coach's son, it would speed up the process. But it had gone horribly wrong, of course.

Yongguk had found out in the end. When Jieun called him when she was drunk one night. And he knew. Knew that he was being used. Knew that Jieun didn't love him. Knew that it was his mother's fault.

Well, maybe not. But he needed someone to blame. And Mrs.Park knew that he blamed her. And she blamed herself too.

So, feeling indebted to her only son, she sighed again. "Yongguk ah-" she started. But stopped. And got up to take the jacket from the cupboard she had locked it in. She looked at him, hand outstretched with the jacket.

"Do you want to remember?" she asked. Yongguk had already began to reach for the jacket but now he stopped short. Did he want to know? To remember? Yes. Yes, he did. He nodded firmly.

Mrs.Park noticed this. She squeezed his shoulder and began to tell him.

To help him remember. To remember that Ariya was Jieun's half-sister. To remember that Ariya was the little girl who had to be taken out of his school because she was being bullied. To remember that he used to play with Ariya all the time when they were younger and when he and Jieun hung out.

To remember that Ariya had developed a severe infeority complex because of the bullying.

To remember that Jieun had been the one forcing everyone to bully Ariya. To remember just how dangerous Jieun was. To remember that once he gave this jacket back to Ariya, Jieun would truimph over Ariya again.

And to realize, that to help Ariya...To put a stop to this madness...the only way was to get rid of the jacket and get Ariya back on her feet.

And after she was done, Yongguk was in tears. But he blinked them back. He did not want to cry in front of her..his mother. No. But he knew now, that what his mother was trying to do was right. But not this way. If he was going to help Ariya, he was going to do it correctly.

And the only way to that was to make Ariya give up the jacket on her own. It would be difficult. But he would try. Try his best. Why? Because...Because..     Well, he wanted to help her right? Wrong.

He..Could he love a person who he didn't even know that well? That didn't even know him? But he shook these questions out of his head and marched out of the office. Jacket trailing behind him.

Yongguk ran around asking people if they had seen Ariya. But they all shook their heads. None. And just when he was going to give up hope, one of the girls said they had seen her wandering around the old vocal training room.

And a large smile grew on his face. All these thoughts of how he was going to help Ariya..To help her..what? Get out of the jacket? Yes. But also..to help her remember him. Just as how he remembers her now. The thoughts zoomed around in his head while he jogged to the room.

The lights weren't on. And he felt his heart drop with disappointment. But then he heard. Heard something so..beautiful. So..enchanting.

So..familiar.

And he realized with a dizzy happiness that it was Ariya! Ariya was singing? She was! And he recongnized it. Because she used to sing when she played with her toys when she came over. And with a large grin on his face, he swung the door open.

But..No. No. No. No. Is that? He looked on with surprise. At Ariya. Who had been singing gently...To Daehyun?! Who was now rubbing his eyes sleepily. With a sickening feeling in his stomach, Yongguk realized that Ariya had been singing Daehyun to sleep.

And the jacket fell from his hands to the ground. He was too late, wasn't he? Someone else had gotten close to her already. But then he cleared his head. He was going to help Ariya anyway. Because even..Even if she was with Daehyun..He wanted her to get out of that jacket. That was the whole purpose of this right?

Yes. Yes, it was. He lied to himself. Clearing his throat and picking up his jacket, he continued standing by the doorframe. "Hyung?" Daehyun murmered sleepily. But he soon snapped awake when he saw Ariya staring fearfully at Yongguk. Her body rigid from all the tension.

But wait? She wasn't looking at Yongguk. She was looking-Oh god. Oh god. No. His eyes trailed Ariya's and Daehyun's eyes widened too.

When he saw. Saw that behind a confused Yongguk...

Stood a seething Jieun. 

COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE. I REALLY LOVELOVE COMMENTS SO PLEASE DO, OKAY? LOVE YOU ALL^^