Waiting

Why did it have to be like this?

Kris POV

It's been a week, since Kan-Mi's accident. You sit there waiting for her again. 

 

Kan-Mi's POV

You wake up, in an unfamiliar bed. Your mind is blank. You keep staring blankly around you. You hear a noise and you quickly slip back into your bed, noting how white the room is. You see a ridiculously good looking boy, he looks so tall. He walks slowly towards your bed. You pretend to be asleep. His hand your face, his touch gives you chills. He whispers that he is sorry and he loves you. It keeps giving you chills. You feel his weight on the bed has been lifted and you cautiously open your eyes. You watch him walk towards the door. You hear the door close softly.

You sit up, confused about him. Who is he? Why did he say those words? Suddenly the door opens again and you try to pretend to be asleep, but you notice it is a doctor, so you sit upright. He looks you in the eye and asks your name. You falter for a moment, but successfully answer "Jin Kan-Mi" He smiles and asks your birthday and you answer "13th of September, 1993" and he looks at his clipboard.

 

Kris's POV

You hear her voice, she's alive! You rush into the room and immediately hug her. She gives you a blank look and asks who you are. "It's me Kris, your boyfriend......" The doctor looks at you and asks you to leave, as he needs to do a check up on her. You kiss her hand gently, but she does not blush and continues to give you a blank stare. Suddenly, her parents rush through the door. They also cling to her, but she gives them a blank stare as well.

"It's us sweetie, mummy and daddy" You watch her parents cling to her tightly. You watch her slowly wrap her arms around them, with a small smile on her face. The doctor pushes you out of the room. "You can see her later, but not right now." You nod numbly and watch the door close.

 

Kan-Mi's POV

You cling happily to your parents, but can't help, but wonder about that boy before. Who was he? Why did he hug me? Am I really his girlfriend? But you have more important things to worry about.

"I'm afraid that your daughter has a mild form of retrograde amnesia." You think to yourself "I have amnesia?"

"She has lost her previous memories, but she is able to form new memories. It is luckily not too severe, but she will be quite forgetful at times." You look at your parents, but they squeeze your hand more tightly. 

"It is not much, compared to other patients I have treated. She has lost her more recent memories, like the memories she may have had this year. She is, however, still able to remember memories from several years ago." 

"Oh thank goodness! I thought she had completely lost her memories" Exclaimed your mother. Her face beamed and you couldn't help but smile back. 

Your dad doesn't look happy. You squeeze his hand and he tries to smile at you, but you know that he is extremely worried.

"Mr and Mrs Jin, I would like to keep your daughter at the hospital for another 3 months. I would like to help her recover all of her lost memories. We shall start tomorrow. Let's leave now and let Kan-Mi sleep." You watch your parents and the doctor leave the room. You snuggle into the warm, white sheets and rest your head peacefully onto the pillow.