Bad dream? or reality

In the Blink of an Eye

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=cdCdjf7EXA4

You should keep this playing in the background. To me it gives this chapter a certain mood.

 

 

Alex finds herself in a huge white space. No windows or doors, no nothing.

She walks around not seeing anything until she hears a voice behind her.

“Welcome”

Alex turns seeing a person wearing fitted leather racing gear and a helmet.

“I have been waiting for you” the person says strolling casually towards Alex who frowns. She knows that voice.

“Who are you?” Alex asks looking closer at the other person.

“Don’t tell me you don’t recognize me” the other chuckles.

Alex and the other walk towards each other.

“I’m you” the other removes her helmet and Alex is facing herself “Or rather you are me”

Alex narrows her eyes a bit. Those eyes she has seen several times, those bitter eyes.

“I’m my own” Alex says

“I’m sorry sweety but you aren’t” ghost Alex smirks and crosses her arms “I’m the only real Alex. You are just a fake wannabe”

“Why are you haunting me?” Alex asks

“Again… I’m the only real Alex” ghost Alex sighs “You know after my crash I really thought I died. I felt such peace. It was… everything I ever wanted”

“Then why are you here?” Alex frowns

“That is your fault” ghost Alex narrows her eyes “You got shot remember”

“Off course I remember” Alex huffs.

“Do you actually remember the moment you got shot?” ghost Alex suddenly has a cigarette in her hand and takes a drag looking intense.

“N-no” Alex frowns and looks just as intensely back at ghost Alex.

“Well that is because I was there. In that bloody second you woke me from my sleep and brought me back” the bitterness in ghost Alex’s voice in unmistaken. She flicks the cigarette witout moving her eyes.

“That isn’t m fault” Alex snares.

“Nah that was that who had the gun” ghost Alex frowns “But if you had been careful you wouldn’t have gotten shot.

“You saw who shot me?” Alex frowns as well

“Yeah she said something about that was what you get for stealing her guy” ghost Alex shrugs.

“Aiko shot me?” Alex snaps “ing ”

“Who is Aiko?” ghost Alex frowns.

“A girl my ex slept with. shot me and seduced my boyfriend!” Alex scratches her neck.

“I don’t care” ghost Alex snaps “How could I survive that crash?!” she raises her voice “I wanted to die!”

“You knew it was suicide didn’t you? That chase” Alex frowns.

“Off course I did” ghost Alex huffs and starts walking around Alex “That was how I wanted to die. In a crash on my bike but now I’m stuck inside my own head with you messing up everything I was! I had planned it out!” Ghost Alex takes another drag and then throws the cigarette letting the smoke seep out in that teasing way Alex also does “I was gonna die in the race”

“You dropped out of that race” Alex narrows her eyes

“Don’t you think I know that?!” Ghost Alex huffs “I couldn’t focus. I didn’t want my last race to be lacking but then that idiot had some problems and I thought dying in a chase would be epic” she disappears and reappears next to Alex with her lips inches from Alex’s ear “But then you happened. Tell me… how is it knowing you are a result of what I used to be?”

“I’m not you” Alex hisses.

“You are, silly girl” ghost Alex chuckles “You are nothing if not me. Everything that makes you you is me. Without me you are nothing” she smirks cruely and huffs before turning serious “After you got shot I couldn’t find peace again. I started hearing your thoughts, not clearly but as an annoying. Little. Damn. Whisper that I couldn’t make sense of!” She taps her temple “Then your feelings started to bug me. Those bloody idiotic weak feelings”

“Weak feelings?” Alex frowns keeping her eyes on her worse half

“Yes. I tried to stop them but you were just too damn stubborn” ghost Alex huffs again and starts moving around Alex

“YongGuk” Alex mumbles mostly to herself

“Is that his name?” ghost Alex grunts

“Yea” Alex sends ghost Alex a challenging look “What is your problem with him anyway?”

“I don’t have a problem with him”

“Right. You don’t even know how to love” Alex says seeing her other half stopping and knows she hit a sore spot “I got you there huh? You are just bitter that you never knew love and I do”

“I KNOW LOVE!” ghost Alex yells suddenly right in front of Alex “Don’t you talk to me like I don’t know” She hisses with the sound of a snake.

“Why am I finding that hard to believe?” Alex smirks enjoying torturing the one that has been giving her so many worries.

“Love makes you weak because you think too much about the other person. It blurs your head and you lose focus. It is nothing but a distraction. Love is for fools!” ghost Alex says with a dry voice

“I don’t think so” Alex crosses her arms

“That is because you are a fool” ghost Alex huffs.

“What the hell happened to you?” Alex now snaps “What turned you into such a cold hearted person?”

“I…” ghost Alex frowns and huffs “When you get burned enough you learn and I’m not cold hearted I’m just realistic!”

“That isn’t what I heard. All your friends….” Alex is cut off by ghost Alex laughing a cruel laugh.

“Oh yeah my friends. I always wondered how they could stand being around me. I never really cared about any of them” she chuckles “They were just fascinated with knowing me, the fearless girl”

“They said you always helped out, they were sad to lose you” Alex says not understanding how her ghost could have that little confidence in others.

“Fake” ghost Alex huffs “They got status from knowing me. I did help though. I kind of enjoyed helping, it gave me some sense of purpose and well” She sighs “I might have liked a few of them but friends will let you down. In the end you only have yourself”

“I’m sorry you think that way” Alex says calmly

“I do not want your pity!” ghost Alex hisses “You will learn soon enough”

“What about that boytoy off yours?” Alex frowns understanding less and less about this person

“Which one?” ghost Alex grins and walks in a circle around Alex “I had plenty”

“The last one” Alex keeps an eye on ghost Alex who disappears and reappears right in front of her “What about him?”

“Did he mean to you?” Alex looks in those cold blue eyes

“I treated him like I did everyone else” Ghost Alex and Alex are looking each other straight in the eyes

“Did you know he loved you?” Alex asks

Ghost Alex narrows her eyes a bit “I did. That is why I had to let him go”

“You didn’t want to?” Alex frowns.

Ghost Alex softens a bit “No. I didn’t” She disappears and reappears with her back to Alex “It doesn’t matter anymore. All I want now is my peace”

“How am I supposed to give you that?” Alex shakes her head

“You die” ghost Alex turns and looks straight at Alex “You are gonna die”

“I don’t want to die” Alex frowns keeping her voice calm

“I DON’T CARE!” ghost Alex Yells “YOU AREN’T EVEN REAL!”

Alex feels her words hitting her like a ton of bricks “I am. I have a life, friends and I have a boyfriend whom I love that is all real” She tries to sound like she believes it but being told she isn’t real is kind of hard to swallow especially when she knows there is something about it. She isn’t the original.

“SHUT UP!” ghost Alex walks back towards Alex “You are nothing, NOTHING! You are a mistake. A flaw in MY brain and I can’t take being stuck inside my own head!” she glares at Alex “That day I almost took over one stupid friend of yours got you back…”

*SooHyun* Alex smiles a little.

“I learned then how weak you are. All your strength is in those people and that will be your down fall” ghost Alex smirks “I wasn’t strong enough to keep my advantage. I almost had you with that guy who was so wasted it was a joke but the lack of air to my brain… But don’t you worry I will take back my body and I will die”

“I have a life. You can’t just…” Alex tries.

“ YOUR LIFE!” ghost Alex is scary close to Alex “Don’t you realize it yet? You. Are. Nothing” She makes a motion with her hands “You life is fake, all your thoughts are fake, your feelings are fake and all those people who think you are their friend are all illusions. You are not Alex. You have never been Alex and you will never be Alex. I am the only real Alex and if you make people think you are real you are lying to them. I’m Alex. I’m the motocycle driver not you. I’m sick of you ruining my memory and if I decide I wanna die……” She smirks and moves so close to Alex that their breathes would have been mixed if it wasn’t that ghost Alex doesn’t have one

“You sure as hell won’t be able to stop me”

 

 

Now stop the music

 

 

 

 “Nooo!” Alex shoots her eyes open and sits up abruptly, slightly panting and confused as hell.

“Alex are you okay?”

She looks to her right and sees YongGuk slowly moving into a sitting position. He tiredly rubs his eyes “Bad dream?”

She nods “You could say that”

“Wanna talk about it?” He breathes deeply moving his lips over her shoulder.

“Not really” Alex says frowning, happy that in the dark room it is hard to see that much.

“Then sleep” YongGuk moves an arm around her and pulls her down on the bed. He moves an arm around her neck and the other is laying over her stomach. He yarns and pulls her closer to himself. Alex turns towards him looking at the little outlines of his face visible in the dark.

She runs a fingertip down the side of his face. It moves softly and gently across his features and when it ends on his lip he smiles “You sure you are okay?”

“Yes” She smiles and snuggles closer to him “Because I got you” She softly says.

“Tell me again Alex” he mutters half asleep.

“Tell you what?” Alex relaxes in his arms.

“That you love me” he chuckles tiredly “I wanna hear it again”

“I told you like 10 times since you showed up at my door at 10 pm” Alex pats his cheek a bit hard making him chuckle again “I know” he kisses her nose “But I can’t hear it enough”

Alex sighs and there is a pause. YongGuk clears his throat and her back “I’m gonna tell you back…”

“When you are ready” Alex cuts him off “I don’t wanna hear it from you until you mean it”

“I do mean it” He sounds a bit more awake “I don’t know why it is so hard for me to actually use those words but I just…” he sighs

Alex gives him a quick kiss “It is okay because I love you and I can wait as long as it takes” In that moment she knows that she is not just gonna roll over and let ghost Alex get her way. She has way too much to live for.

“I’m sorry” YongGuk mutters

Alex his cheek “Don’t apologize stupid. Not unless you actually have something to apologize for”

“Mmmmm. I don’t think I messed up” YongGuk sounds like he really thought it over. Alex hits his chest making him laugh “Alex relax I’m not stupid enough to mess up. Do you have any idea how dead I would be if I ever hurt you?”

Alex breathes relieved “I need you Guk”

YongGuk can’t help but be extremely happy and he smiles from ear to ear “I’m not going anywhere”

Alex smiles *If I am to win over my ghost I… I need a reason to fight and I got it right here with his arms around me*

 

 

 

 

I thought this was needed. Alex meeting... well Alex...