Press conference

In the Blink of an Eye

A month has passed since Alex killed a man.

She takes a deep breath and looks at her feet. She is dressed nicely in an outfit with fitted jeans a tank top and a big loose long-sleeved sweater over it. Her hair is falling messily around her face and her eyes are really popping thanks to the smoky make up she has started to sport. With her red hair and sharp features she looks like who she is. A woman who will take you out if you get in her way.

 “You’ll do great” Seungho places a hand on her shoulder. She swallows and looks at him “I’m nervous”

He smiles “I understand but just let the represent do the talking and you’ll be fine”

Alex sighs “I really have to do this?”

Seungho chuckles “Yes Alex”

“Alex are you ready?” a man walks in and looks at her. She nods and smiles at Seungho.

“Good luck Alex” Seungho says as she heads to the door. “Don’t need luck” She sends him a peace sign over her shoulder and leaves. Seungho joins MBLAQ’s manager who is sitting in another room watching the press conference on a screen.

“Is she nervous?” the manager looks at Seungho who nods “Yeah but she’ll do fine”

“She has to come of strong but I don’t blame her for being nervous, considering all the press that has been all over person in the last month fighting to get her picture. This is the first time she is gonna be in focus like this”

“I know” Seungho sighs and rubs his temples “When I asked her to move to Korea I really didn’t think this was how things was gonna go”

“How did you think it was gonna go?”

“It was not a part of the plan that she should kill anyone that is for sure” Seungho looks at the screen. The press conference is starting and 5 people are moving on stage, Alex in the middle with two people on either side. She looks bad and gathers her hands behind her back looking at all the press that has turned up to get the first official photo of the driver who faked her death, went to Korea where she started to work for idols and killed a man. It is the scoop of the year.

She just stands there nodding when the people around her do the talking. Most of the questions are about the before mentioned things which is expected and the four people with Alex knows all the answers having been spending the last week going over everything with her.

“You don’t think your violent behavior is a bad influence on the idols?” a reporter asks. Alex looks to her right where a man nods at her. She looks at the reporter “I do what I do so others don’t have to do it. I don’t go around beating up random people and I would be very angry if I heard that any idol had been aggressive and I don’t think any idols would want to make me mad” she smirks and a chuckle is heard  here and there in the room.

“Are you friends with the idols you work for?” another asks.

Alex looks at the man who nods again. She looks ahead “Yes I would say so. They are talented and sweet people and I have learned a great deal about being a good person from being around them”

Seungho chuckles “It must be killing her to be that sugary”

The manager laughs “Yeah. I know she has changed but…”

“Yeah she still thinks the whole molding yourself to fit what the society wants is stupid” Seungho looks at the screen and smiles.

“Are there anyone in particular you wanna mention as being someone you are close to?”

“No” Alex says calmly “But I got something to say to all the fans of idols who think they are gonna be able to keep invading the idols’ privacy”

Seungho smirks “This is the part I have been looking forward to”

“The part where she is actually allowed to say exactly what she means” the manager smirks as well.

A devious smirk appears on Alex’s lips and she looks around the room catching as many eyes as she can before looking straight ahead at a camera in the back “I’ll do what it takes to make sure the idols I have the honor of looking after are not bothered by those fans who think they have a right to be in their lives. You can go ahead and try and scare me off but honestly knowing who I am and what I have been through… you really think you wanna get in my eye view?”

She smirks and looks at the man on her left who smiles and she nods knowing that she made the impression they wanted her too.

“Since the crash, as many of you might know now, Alex has been through a lot” a woman says professionally “She has been working for the agencies for a while and none of her personal hardships have been connected with the idols she is helping out. There has been no violence with fans or press. No one even noticed that she was helping out until now and she has been at it for a long time so we are confident that we can stand behind her actions”

“But there are rumors of her being involved with people of questionable character?”

Alex looks fierce and smiles friendly “I know a lot of people, some of that type as well but that are a separate part of my life. I swear by my heart that I would never do anything to hurt the image or the person of an idol”

“We stand behind Alex and the CEO’s stand behind her and I can promise you every idol she has ever helped is standing behind her as well. None of our idols has anything to do with that sort of people”

Alex smirks and points a finger at her temple “I’m not blind and I’m not stupid either. I know that there are some fans who has been asking some people with questionable characters to take me out but I got news for you” She smirks deviously “That is not gonna happen”

“How did you know about that?” a reporter asks hesitantly

Alex smiles sweetly “Well I was told off course”

“B-by who?” the reporter follows up.

Alex tilts her head “I know many people”

“Are you saying the people who were asked to ‘take you out’ told you?”

Alex looks to her right but the man just nods again. Alex is finding this a bit amusing now. She can see the expressions on the reporters. Some are fascinated while others are looking a bit more iffy.

“I’m saying a lot of people have great respect for me and knows that I am a person who stands by what I believe is right and that I am not a pushover” She smiles sweetly again “My obligations is to the idols I’m helping and I intent to honor that”

Seungho leans back “Doesn’t look nervous to me”

“No” the manager smiles a little “You know after seeing her with YongGuk and you I was beginning to think she had become soft but this kind of proves that it isn’t the case”

Seungho chuckles “No… She is still very much herself but I just think she relaxes more around us. As long as she feels there is no need to be the strong one she kind of just… gives in. I mean… she has changed to the better but Alex was never gonna let anyone scare her before and she sure as hell won’t let anyone scare her now”

The manager smiles “Well I think this might just work out” He looks at the screen at Alex thinking about the latest conversation with her doctor. Everything is very confusing lately. It seems that the two personalities in Alex have been separated to some extent but that isn’t really comforting.

SooHyun is the one who is most aware of what is going on with her and he has been reporting to the doctor about the weird shifts in her eyes and the bitterness which has gotten the doctor worried. They all know something has to happen. SooHyun being an optimist says it can be averted as long as she has the support of the people around her but Alex has in confidence let the doctor and MBLAQ’s manager know that she only really feels her ghost being a problem when she is around people. When she is on her own she says the two sides have no problems with each other. It just seems like when she is alone she is at peace but as soon as other people are in the picture she has this little nagging feeling.

She doesn’t want to hurt SooHyun by telling him that which is understandable.

The last thing Alex’s doctor said was that his greatest fear for Alex is that her old self is gonna take over and if SooHyun is right and the old Alex is bitter and angry there is no one who can say what kind of damage Alex might be capable of.

The manager had seen the footage of the fight which ended in Alex killing a man and he has no doubt that if she wanted she could have killed that big guy in a second. There was something calculating in the way she moved.

“What are you thinking about?” Seungho frowns and looks at the manager who waves a hand “Sorry I’m just wondering what will happen now”

Seungho nods and stands up when his phone rings. The manager looks after him *Would you be able to handle to know that the Alex you knew is battling the Alex the rest of us knows?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ihhh Mai_chan is is nice you are back then :P I'm glad you liked the kidnapping thing.. Yeah the problems with this site..... drove me nuts but hopefully it will be better now..

Stay tuned people :P