Please have faith in me

In the Blink of an Eye

Alex’s phone rings and she looks at the screen “It’s Seungho” She picks up “Moshi”

 “Alex I’m at your place in a sec with Sang Hyun

“What? But…”

Don’t tell me I can’t come!” Seungho is sounding very determined

“But” She gets up and walks over to the window looking out. She sees Seungho and Sang Hyun down at the street. She looks back at YongGuk who frowns

Alex would you please just have some faith in me!

YongGuk can hear him yelling through the phone. He gets up slowly and walks over to her.

“I told you to stay out of it!” She steps back and frowns. She looks at YongGuk again. He looks out and then looks at her expression. She is clearly worried. It’s written all over her face “It’s okay” he mumbles and frowns at the pain.

She has done a lot for him and he won’t let her go up against her friends when she clearly doesn’t want to. He is quite amazed about how much she will do to help though.

She looks at YongGuk with a questioning face “I’m sorry”

He smiles faintly “It’s okay”

For a sec it looks like tears are forming in her eyes but she then clears and turns his chin a little looking at his cheek “It looks better already” He nods. She remembers the door being broken and walks over towards it to open it before they get there. She hears steps coming up the stairs

Hyung look at the door” That was Sang Hyun’s voice

ALEX!” Seungho yells and then storms in. The door falls to the floor. Alex crosses her arms “Jeez at least it could stand on it’s own before you came”

Seungho walks over and hugs her tight “Stupid girl”.

Sang Hyun walks in behind him stepping over the door. He looks at Seungho and then at the door raising it from the ground and somehow manages to get it back in place.

Seungho lets go of Alex and looks at her face. He tilts her head and looks at her cheek “What the hell happened to you this time?” He looks at her neck “For sake Alex” Sang Hyun walks over and looks at her as well “Did you get in a fight with YongGuk or what?” Alex waves her hands getting some space between them “God you two are suffocating me”

Seungho sees YongGuk and walks over to him with long steps. YongGuk feels his body reacting to the male coming towards him with fear. He steps back and gets a petrified expression that makes Seungho stop.

Seungho tilts his head looking at YongGuk “You okay?”

YongGuk nods slightly. Seungho looks back at Alex “You haven’t eaten have you?” She shakes her head “I forgot to buy food” Sang Hyun hits her over the head “Again” She scowls at him. “Then its good we bought some on the way” He lifts a bag and walks over to the kitchen.

Seungho sighs “What happened to the door?”

Alex shrugs “Some guy thought the one who lived here before me was still here”

“That’s it! You are finding another place you hear me” Seungho points a finger at her and she nods “I will probably be kicked out anyway” she mumbles looking at the battered door.

“Why did the guy punch a hole in the door?” Sang Hyun looks back at them

“Oh I did that?” Alex says lifting her right hand. Seungho walks back and takes it looking at the bruised knuckles “You idiotic girl” He drags her over to the table and places her. He looks at YongGuk “You sit next to her I want to look at that cheek”

YongGuk slowly moves over. Seungho walks over to Sang Hyun.

Alex gets up and lends YongGuk a hand helping him to sit down in the most careful way to prevent him having any unnecessary pain “He is very bossy sometimes” She smiles sweetly.

“I can agree on that” Sang Hyun calls out getting smacked over the back of his head. Seungho comes back over, he couldn’t help but notice the pained expression on YongGuk’s face and how he seems to be retreating from him. He looks at Alex who is holding on to YongGuk’s arm as if to comfort him. He looks around pretending he isn’t worried sick ”You don’t even have a chair in this dump” He shakes his head and sighs “Are you going back soon to Japan soon since you won’t buy any bloody furniture?”

“No” She smiles sweetly. Seungho looks at her and then covers her eyes with a hand “I’m mad at you don’t think you can get on my good side like that”

He starts with YongGuk taking the beanie off him and turning his face “What the hell did this?”

“A wall” YongGuk mumbles. Seungho looks at him and runs his tongue over his lip. He has decided he isn’t gonna ask about the big thing Alex wouldn’t tell him. If she is keeping something from him she sure has a good reason. She usually does although he always finds out in the end. A few times he really whised he hadn’t found out.

He uses a wet piece of cloth to clean YongGuk’s cheek and the puts some ointment on. YongGuk is tense as hell and Seungho hurries to get it over with. Then he switches his attention to Alex. He moves her hair away from her cheek “So this is from a?”

“Fist” She says it like it’s nothing.

“Great” Seungho sighs and puts some ointment on she whines a little saying it’s sore. Seungho then looks at her neck “And this?”

“A pair of hands that tried to strangle me” She says bluntly. Seungho frowns and looks at her “WHAT?”

YongGuk stares at the ground.

“Don’t yell” She hits Seungho over the head. He drops on his knees and looks at her “You could have avoided it getting to that couldn’t you?”

She rubs her neck a bit “Uhm… Well he threw me into a wall! I got mad” she shrugs

Seungho sighs. Then he looks at her hand. “Well this must be the door then” She nods. YongGuk hadn’t notices that from her wrist up her arm it’s covered in gauge.

“Why are you still hiding the tattoo Alex?” Suengho looks at her arm.

“I don’t know” She mumbles “Reminds me of not remembering”

“It’s a shame to hide it” Seungho says softly as he puts ointment on her knuckles. He looks at YongGuk “You’ve seen it?”

YongGuk shakes his head. Seungho looks at Alex “May I?”. She nods.

He starts removing the gauge revealing a tattoo of a fox. It’s shaped in a curve and stretches from the start of her upper hand with the front paws and the head and almost reaches her elbow with the tip of its tale. It looks like it is painted on with a brush with black lines, grey shading and just a few red details. Between the head and the tale is a bare space where a few lines are written in Kanji.

“Those are new” Seungho trails his finger over the written words.  “Nobody but me. Not for anybody else. Nobody else’s way. Nobody else’s dream” He reads out loud translating it to Korean. He looks at her face “Really?”

“I felt like that was who I was. From what I gather from those people I just did what I felt like” She is looking at the tattoo “I wanted it to be the last thing from that life”

Seungho nods.

YongGuk is staring at the tattoo “That’s wicked!”

Alex smiles at his excited expression. Seungho chuckles and stand up with his hands in his side “So you two any other bruises I need to look at?” YongGuk and Alex looks at each other. Seungho raises his brows and walks away “I give you some time to think it over” He walks over to Sang Hyung who is cooking.

“He isn’t gonna ask what happened?” YongGuk whispers. Alex shakes her head “Doesn’t seem like it”. YongGuk looks down at the floor. Alex sends a look to Seungho and then back to YongGuk “You do have a few on your torso maybe he should take a look”

YongGuk frowns and looks down “It’s embarrassing” he huffs “But then again it probably can’t top that you saw me in the shower. I didn’t know you were a girl!” He blushes and hides his face in his hands.

She gives him a push “I didn’t look!”

She pauses “Much” She scratches her neck and looks down grinning and slightly blushing. YongGuk chuckle but feels embarrassed.

He looks at Alex “How do you think they would react if they knew what happened to me? Do you even know?” He frowns slightly realizing he doesn’t know what she saw.

She bites her lip keeping her eyes on the floor “I know”

He rubs his neck. *So she saw it happen, great*

“Don’t look so down” She places a hand on his back it a few times. It calms him a bit until she hits a sore spot and he jerks forwards too fast, moving a bit in the wrong way causing a whole other round of pain. Alex quickly pulls him up into a standing position. He cries out in pain. The pain is so bad his vision blurs and he is thankful for Alex’s hands holding on to him. He covers his face with his hands trying to hide the tear running from his eyes.

Seungho and Sang Hyun looks from the kitchen with huge eyes, shocked.

Alex looks towards them “Do you have anything numbing?”

Seungho checks the things he brought. “Muscle relaxer” He hurries over. Alex is getting YongGuk to the madras on his stomach, he hides his face in his arms. Alex takes the ointment and sends Seungho a look. He turns and walks back to Sang Hyun who is staring. Seungho turns the boy around and sighs.

Alex lifts YongGuk’s shirt revealing his back. He gets a horrible flashback to when the big guy did that and starts trembling

“I’m sorry” Alex says in a low and soft voice. She gently starts rubbing the ointment on his lower back. “It hurts” He yelps. She continues relentlessly making sure she gets every part moving as low as she can make herself go. She lowers his pants a bit just reaching the top of the crack. YongGuk jerks feeling something getting that close to the violated place. “It’ll help” She reassures. He nods and bites his lip as she gently messages his lower back.

When done she pulls his shirt back down and the upper part of his back. He turns his head and lets her remove a tear from his cheek. She looks over at Seungho whose head is hanging low. She looks back at YongGuk and sighs.

Seungho helps SangHyun with the food “What do you think happened?” Sang Hyun asks and looks at him. Seungho shrugs “Don’t ask”

He shouldn’t be thinking about anything but what has happened to YongGuk but the only thing in his mind is that he wants Alex to move. He wants her out of this place. This isn’t the first time people have come to find the guy who lived here before. He didn’t want her to move in here in the first place. She could afford a hotel. Hell he would rather pay for her to stay at a hotel than here but she has a mind of her own.

She still has a mind of her own.

Back before the she lost her memory she also had that I’m-doing-it-my-way thing. So restless and yet always at peace with herself. The peace was what had captured him about her back that day when he felt like and she offered him a cigarette. She was so reckless and carefree. She never asked his name, in fact from the day they met and to the accident she never knew who he was. Not to his recollection anyway. She had given him a nickname that he could never pronounce but he knew the sound and it would make him look up every time. He smiles faintly

He found his peace in her. She truly didn’t care about status. Thinking back she didn’t really care about that many things and if he had been in a better place in his life he would have stayed clear of her. She was so self-destructive.

But once you got in her life you never wanted out again. He could see it in all her friends. Something about her was just addicting. She was never one to call or invite but her friends didn’t seem to mind. He didn’t mind.

He never thought a girl who wasn’t a girlfriend would ever come so close to him but that’s just the way with Alex. He did have feelings for her. Why wouldn’t he? She was beautiful and sweet if you looked aside from the whole self-destructing thing. And she looked completely drop dead hot in that tight leather outfit she wore for races.

They did have a thing going. At first it was a joke, she tried to see how far she could push it like she does with everything. She had shown up at his hotel in the middle of the night with a huge grin. It was the first time he ever got a in a hallway in a hotel with his friends only a wall away.

After that they kind of started something. He was never quite sure what to call it. Alex made it very clear that she did not want a relationship with him. Didn’t stop her from having with him though but that was very Alex. Staying independent and just taking what she wanted.